Page 352 of 865 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 12974
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Question... What is the difference between IDW's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "The Works" volumes and the upcoming IDW Collection Volumes? Are the 3 Works Volumes the original series and the IDW Collection the new series? And if so, does The Works collect the entire original series in the three volumes?
    TMNT The Works are the colorized reprints of the classic 80's/90's stories by Eastman/Laird(aka Ultimate Collection vol.1-5, 6 is upcoming)
    TMNT The IDW Collection vol.1 are the stories starting with when IDW began doing their take on the property circa 2011.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I have never even looked twice at Elephantmen. I need to look into what I'm missing.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    TMNT The Works are the colorized reprints of the classic 80's/90's stories by Eastman/Laird(aka Ultimate Collection vol.1-5, 6 is upcoming)
    TMNT The IDW Collection vol.1 are the stories starting with when IDW began doing their take on the property circa 2011.
    Alright thanks. Does the Works editions contain everything from the Ultimate Collections then? Or will there be a fourth volume? (In colour of course)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Alright thanks. Does the Works editions contain everything from the Ultimate Collections then? Or will there be a fourth volume? (In colour of course)
    Yeah they're just basically recolored versions of the Ultimate Collections. The UC has commentaries at the end of each issue (which got shorter and smaller every volume, there was hardly any commentary in vol. 5) which I'm not sure are if they are in the Works or not. I'm sure they will make a volume 4 of the Works at some point. IDW's pretty bad about delaying anything TMNT related that's HC.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Any chance we get a Ms. Marvel (2006) Omnibus?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by downinthezero View Post
    You can buy a dust jacket through the hipflask website that matches the spine design for like six bucks. I can be pretty irritated by non-matching spines, so I was excited to see that a dust jacket was available.
    Cheers, I'll look into that, probably don't ship to uk though, or if they do its probably cheaper to just buy new books over here, it's a good idea though by image (or whoever)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Those look nice. I've often wanted to pick up the Elephantmen books but have never gone through with it because they don't put them out in deluxe format and I have to draw the line somewhere.
    They are available in HC, nice image quality as well, and the new spine look pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    They are available in HC, nice image quality as well, and the new spine look pretty nice
    HC but its standard trim, not deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    HC but its standard trim, not deluxe.
    What would make it a deluxe? I kinda class anything more than about 6 issues in HC a deluxe, six issues or less is just a regular HC

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Any chance we get a Ms. Marvel (2006) Omnibus?
    Other than "Your guess is as good as ours," I'll go one further and say straight up: No.

For one, I doubt Marvel would go as far as to try and cram all those issues in one mega-sized Omnibus. You've got 50 issues plus several annual/special issues. That would probably push the limits of what Marvel has packed into a single Omnibus so far. I think you'd be looking more at a two volume set, and I think that makes it a harder sell overall.

Secondly, the Carol Danvers MCU tie-in cash is going to revolve around the Kelly Sue DeConnick Captain Marvel series. Maybe that gets an Omnibus at some point if Marvel is feeling generous.

Third, Kamala is pretty much owning the Ms. Marvel thing now, like Danvers is owning the Captain Marvel thing. We're already getting one and probably at least two Kamala Ms. Marvel oversized hardcovers. If any Ms. Marvel is eventually going to get an official Omnibus label slapped on the series, it will be the Kamala Ms. Marvel.

What would make it a deluxe? I kinda class anything more than about 6 issues in HC a deluxe, six issues or less is just a regular HC

The physical size and not the content, so the Elephantmen hardcovers are the same size as a regular trade / comic opposed to OHC's and Dark Horse Library editions which are a lot taller and wider.

Elephantmen is a fantastic book and well worth picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewls View Post
    not really a mix-up...that's just an earlier edition of volume 2, later printings follow the same design as the other volumes

Attachment 22866
    Ah sweet, the trade for Three is out, I had forgotten about that.

I've never seen anything called a deluxe edition that is not bigger than the original format it was published in. So by definition a deluxe edition is bigger than a floppy and hardcover. A standard trim size hc is a hardcover trade.
    WE3 is only 3 issues so with your definition of deluxe, it's just a regular hc, although it is called WE3 deluxe edition (because it is bigger than your standard trim)

My hal from the last week of May + the first delivery of June. Swords of glass is huuuuge and can't wait to read it. Metabarons was so awesome I want to buy the Incal again (sold my copy last year) and want to buy basically anything Jodorowsky.
    Also want more Humanoids stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    My hal from the last week of May + the first delivery of June. Swords of glass is huuuuge and can't wait to read it. Metabarons was so awesome I want to buy the Incal again (sold my copy last year) and want to buy basically anything Jodorowsky.
    Also want more Humanoids stuff.
    What is Swords of Glass about?

Also have Dynamite improved the paper stock of their trades? I've only bought one Dynamite trade so far and the paper was awful, worse than Marvel's Infinity OHC.