Page 353 of 865 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453853 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by downinthezero View Post
    You can buy a dust jacket through the hipflask website that matches the spine design for like six bucks. I can be pretty irritated by non-matching spines, so I was excited to see that a dust jacket was available.

don't ship to the UK anyone fancy helping me out?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    What is Swords of Glass about?

Also have Dynamite improved the paper stock of their trades? I've only bought one Dynamite trade so far and the paper was awful, worse than Marvel's Infinity OHC.
    Only things I know about SoG are the things on the Humanoids website. Also googled some pages and they looked beautiful.

I didn't have any problems with the paper in The Boys trades and Battlefields' paper stock seems absolutely fine too-

All-New Member

Hey guys, are people pumped for The Complete Eightball? I've been looking around to scout for the best price, so i wanted to know what people would recommend as the best option for shipping that sucker to Europe, Denmark more specifically. It's probably gonna end up being one of the regulars on Amazon Marketplace that has the best price for where i live, that's usually the case, but I'm still curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    What would make it a deluxe? I kinda class anything more than about 6 issues in HC a deluxe, six issues or less is just a regular HC
    It's taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    I have never even looked twice at Elephantmen. I need to look into what I'm missing.
    Man, I'm still mixed and somewhat disappointed. I went out and bought the two Hip Flask books, then got all the beautiful hardcovers (I love the ribbon book marks). I read them twice and quite frankly felt like they barely went anywhere. It's like they went one step forward and two back every six or seven issues.

You'd start to get background, they'd move forward, and then they'd retell the same background (particularly refocusing on that first Hip Flask book, which was excellent by the way).

There were all these great directions the stories could go but instead it was stop and start over and over.

Don't get me wrong: The concept was great and there's a story to be told. I'm just not sure Starkings is the right person. Great ideas, just not well executed.

I eventually sold these books and won't be picking up anymore.

All that said, I wouldn't not recommend it, but the writing and storytelling didn't work for me. If you do decide to jump into it, buy it volume by volume to make sure you're fully on board. That's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by 8RacksLasse View Post
    Hey guys, are people pumped for The Complete Eightball? I've been looking around to scout for the best price, so i wanted to know what people would recommend as the best option for shipping that sucker to Europe, Denmark more specifically. It's probably gonna end up being one of the regulars on Amazon Marketplace that has the best price for where i live, that's usually the case, but I'm still curious.
    I preordered it from amazon.de for 65 euro but that was more than a year ago, I hope they won't cancel it as that's a excellent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 8RacksLasse View Post
    Would like to get that at some point, does it include Ghost World? Hardover for this book is going OOP. My guess is Amazon as well, pre-order price is 76 quid right now, I'd expect to see copies around 50.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    It's taller.

Man, I'm still mixed and somewhat disappointed. I went out and bought the two Hip Flask books, then got all the beautiful hardcovers (I love the ribbon book marks). I read them twice and quite frankly felt like they barely went anywhere. It's like they went one step forward and two back every six or seven issues.

You'd start to get background, they'd move forward, and then they'd retell the same background (particularly refocusing on that first Hip Flask book, which was excellent by the way).

There were all these great directions the stories could go but instead it was stop and start over and over.

Don't get me wrong: The concept was great and there's a story to be told. I'm just not sure Starkings is the right person. Great ideas, just not well executed.

I eventually sold these books and won't be picking up anymore.

All that said, I wouldn't not recommend it, but the writing and storytelling didn't work for me. If you do decide to jump into it, buy it volume by volume to make sure you're fully on board. That's my two cents.
    Ah, no, no, no. Hip Flask and Elephantmen are two different beasts. Hip Flask is mainly a Ladronn art showcase, whereas the REAL stories are in Elephantmen (parts of Hip Flask are intergrated into the first Elephantmen volumes). I wasn't sure about the series myself at first, because I don't usually like SF, but a mate lent me the first two volumes and I was hooked after the first volumes, getting all of the others then myself.

Btw, with all that Elephantmen talk, nobody else wondering when the hell we're finally gonna get vol. 7? The last volume has been out for years now.

Oh, and if anyone wants to get the collections, do not, I repeat: DO NOT get the TPBs. They have the worst build quality I've ever seen. All three volumes my mate gave me fell apart while I was reading them. The HCs however are the exact opposite. I especially love the ultra-thick paper, which almost feels like cardboard - particularly if you compare it to what Marvel is using these days.
    Last edited by LordJulius; 06-03-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Would like to get that at some point, does it include Ghost World? Hardover for this book is going OOP. My guess is Amazon as well, pre-order price is 76 quid right now, I'd expect to see copies around 50.
    It'll include all the material from Ghost World, Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron, Pussey!, 20th century Eightball,Caricature (except one story) and some stuff that was never collected.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Ah, no, no, no. Hip Flask and Elephantmen are two different beasts. Hip Flask is mainly a Ladronn art showcase, whereas the REAL stories are in Elephantmen (parts of Hip Flask are intergrated into the first Elephantmen volumes). I wasn't sure about the series myself at first, because I don't usually like SF, but a mate lent me the first two volumes and I was hooked after the first volumes, getting all of the others then myself.

Btw, with all that Elephantmen talk, nobody else wondering when the hell we're finally gonna get vol. 7? The last volume has been out for years now.

I know they're two different beasts. Hip Flask was much better. It told the story and got to the point. A great set up. That's all they needed. Starkings doesn't have to keep bringing it back when he finds himself at a roadblock.

Regarding a volume 7, I read awhile back that they will still be releasing the hardcovers but I think they wanted to do more tpbs first. I know there's enough for another HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    What would make it a deluxe? I kinda class anything more than about 6 issues in HC a deluxe, six issues or less is just a regular HC
    Deluxe refers to the size of the artwork not the thickness of the book. A deluxe book is 11 inches tall or more. You can see the difference in size in that picture between the Fables book and Elephantmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    My hal from the last week of May + the first delivery of June. Swords of glass is huuuuge and can't wait to read it. Metabarons was so awesome I want to buy the Incal again (sold my copy last year) and want to buy basically anything Jodorowsky.
    Also want more Humanoids stuff.
    Could you post some Metabarons interior pics, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Could you post some Metabarons interior pics, please?
    if you wanna see the art you are better off with google than my mobile phone pics. If you are interested in the binding/gutter loss (non existent), then sure I can.

Only things I know about SoG are the things on the Humanoids website. Also googled some pages and they looked beautiful.

I didn't have any problems with the paper in The Boys trades and Battlefields' paper stock seems absolutely fine too-
    Okay, I think it was the Kirby trade I bought that had the awful paper quality. It was at that point I gave up on Dynamite print and went digital with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Okay, I think it was the Kirby trade I bought that had the awful paper quality. It was at that point I gave up on Dynamite print and went digital with them.
    To add to my previous post, just started to read Swords of glass and constantly drooling over each page. The story is also good so far. I think you can read the first chapter on the Humanoids website or on amazon.
    Wanted to order the X-statix omni today (it's payday) and Doctor Who prisoners of time deluxe (from cheap-comics) but instead ordered Busiek's Redhand and Wormwood deluxe. Probably gonna buy more Humanoids stuff soon. Suddenly the X-statix omni went waaay down on my wishlist (the DW deluxe is still high but I would have to order them together to make up for the shipping costs).

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

To add to my previous post, just started to read Swords of glass and constantly drooling over each page. The story is also good so far. I think you can read the first chapter on the Humanoids website or on amazon.
    Wanted to order the X-statix omni today (it's payday) and Doctor Who prisoners of time deluxe (from cheap-comics) but instead ordered Busiek's Redhand and Wormwood deluxe. Probably gonna buy more Humanoids stuff soon. Suddenly the X-statix omni went waaay down on my wishlist (the DW deluxe is still high but I would have to order them together to make up for the shipping costs).
    My wishlist is constantly changing, everytime I think I have I sorted another Marvel omnibus starts heading OOP or life gets in the way with weddings or birthdays and I have to rejig it again.

Been planning on picking up Swords of Glass myself and I didn't realise how big it was until I saw your picture.

Is the Wormwood deluxe the book by Ben Templesmith?