Page 753 of 865 FirstFirst ... 253653703743749750751752753754755756757763803853 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,295 of 12974

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Does anyone know if Marvel is going to give the Avengers by Waid and Del Mundo the HC treatment?
    His All New All Different got an OHC in August, as far as the adjectiveless Avengers, I don't see why it won't

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    His All New All Different got an OHC in August, as far as the adjectiveless Avengers, I don't see why it won't
    Yeah, that's what I figured. But I haven't seen anything yet announced.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Yeah, that's what I figured. But I haven't seen anything yet announced.
    It looks like the No Surrender arc is getting a hardcover, according to Amazon.

I bet we'll see the earlier part of it collected in an ohc within the next 6-8 months,

Grendel Tales omnibus #1.Bit of a mixed bag,but mostly pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    All the undertaker covers look really good, I'm quite intrigued about that series if it ever gets translated. Gonna have Abe Sapien soon too although it's kind of a completionist purchase for me, the few issues I've read were unpleasantly depressing but a re read might help.
    Undertaker should be translated. It's the best Western in years (not that there's a shortage of that kind of story this side of the pind). Highly recommended.

Abe Sapien is indeed dark. It's also not the best Mignolaverse book I've read - even though that still means it's head and shoulders above most of the books set in other "universes". I'll definitely get the next volume as well then.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    Grendel Tales omnibus #1.Bit of a mixed bag,but mostly pretty good.
    I was surprised at that. I've read all of these stories multiple times but it's been years and years. I liked only about half of this book although I'll pick up the second volume.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post

Abe Sapien is indeed dark. It's also not the best Mignolaverse book I've read - even though that still means it's head and shoulders above most of the books set in other "universes". I'll definitely get the next volume as well then.
    I only read the Mignola stuff through LE's or these hardcovers, so they're all blind buys for me. This one was the first I've read in that universe that I didn't particularly care for. I don't mind dark; I just didn't think it was that great (at least in comparison to the other stuff). I'll still get the next volume.

Honestly,I found Abe Sapien to be something of a watered down Walking Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    Honestly,I found Abe Sapien to be something of a watered down Walking Dead.
    Ha, yeah. WD came to my mind as well a couple of times while reading it. But my main problem lies in the soul-searching aspects of the storyline. Not a fan of this kind of story in the first place and here it also just seems to meander along. Still, that makes AS sound worse than it is. It just doesn't hold up to BPRD or Hellboy in comparison.

Signing with Jamie Hewlett. Man, never seen so many people in q. At least 400 have showed up but he's a big name. Was surprised I had Doom Patrol for him. My smiley face, Judge Dredd style.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    It looks like the No Surrender arc is getting a hardcover, according to Amazon.

I bet we'll see the earlier part of it collected in an ohc within the next 6-8 months,
    Cool, thanks for the info
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Signing with Jamie Hewlett. Man, never seen so many people in q. At least 400 have showed up but he's a big name. Was surprised I had Doom Patrol for him. My smiley face, Judge Dredd style.
    Well jel!

I bought his new artbook a few weeks back. Have yet to really sit down with it but I love his work. Wish the guy did more appearances.

And I hope that Gorillaz TV show gets made...

Oh, very interested in the Tarzan
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Oh, very interested in the Tarzan
    it already got pushed back like 4 times, I highly doubt it will come out. Wish it would tho, I really do. Just like another Doc Savage Archives or something with the Shadow. I really don't like how Dynamite handles their properties.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it already got pushed back like 4 times, I highly doubt it will come out. Wish it would tho, I really do. Just like another Doc Savage Archives or something with the Shadow. I really don't like how Dynamite handles their properties.
    Hey Balakin, do you have the Vol. 1 Doc Savage Archives? I've been interested in purchasing it but would like to see some interior pics.

Btw, I'm very interested also in the Buscema Tarzan