Page 294 of 750 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 11243

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    any word on who will be writing BP after Coates?
    At this point, it's not clear if ANYONE will be writing the book after Coates. Marvel could easily decide to let the book lie fallow a bit and relaunch when/if the sequel drops.

The momentum created by the movie has been well & truly squandered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Any yet, Doom and Namor both Majorly effected the mythos and both have yet to be punished.
    Yeah but that's a BP writer choosing to effect the mythos of his own book. That's entirely different from a BP writer effecting the mythos of an outside franchise. A BP writer can obviously do anything he wants with his own book.

Get Hectic!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    I've always thought they should rip off Predator to give T'Challa an alien foe who's just as good as him with tech and combat ability. Some Kree obsessed with the hunt, or somethin'

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    At this point, it's not clear if ANYONE will be writing the book after Coates. Marvel could easily decide to let the book lie fallow a bit and relaunch when/if the sequel drops.

I truly hate how much fumbling and bullisht they did to squander that momentum. Like, the only good thing to come out of this was Redjacks panther quest and they didn't even continue despite how much praise and awards it got. Like all the good isht (Rise, PQ) got dropped an all the stupid isht (Coates entire series, bpWow, crew, Shuri, long live, Wakanda forever) were all heralded abd praised despite how bad they were. Abd it really brothers me how hard they pushed side characters whole ishtting on BP Rather then build him up. We should of gotten, Rise, PQ, and a good writer for the main title, he before the main title we should of gotten an Ellis mini to establish T'Challa and palate cleanse all the isht, then gotten a REAL writer to out him back in the big leagues

I don't hold Coates' to blame for this squandered momentum as much I do the editor, Wil Moss. As editor, he's supposed to help the creative team tell their story. If he was doing his job properly, he could have checked the art against the script to make sure they mesh well and that the storytelling was clear from the get go. Moss could have read the script for clarity and asked for a rewrite if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I've always thought they should rip off Predator to give T'Challa an alien foe who's just as good as him with tech and combat ability. Some Kree obsessed with the hunt, or somethin'
    I've had similar ideas as well. Some sort of space hunter/warrior who deems T'Challa as worthy prey.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I don't hold Coates' to blame for this squandered momentum as much I do the editor, Wil Moss. As editor, he's supposed to help the creative team tell their story. If he was doing his job properly, he could have checked the art against the script to make sure they mesh well and that the storytelling was clear from the get go. Moss could have read the script for clarity and asked for a rewrite if necessary.
    It's a combination, I mean compare how he writes T'Challa compared to Storm, or the DM, or misty, Cap or really any other character not named T'Challa. It's a big difference

Ultimate Member

I was looking up black marvel villains and MAN there were so many that are collecting dust.

I want to say that type of person (not an alien) is already in Marvel.

I mean a guy like Suicide or Bloodshed could be reworked to fit that hunter obsession. Since Ghost Rider nor Spidey is using either one.

Ultimate Member

Key thing-if he was allowed to do his job properly.

Depending on Axel and those higher ups view Coates-he could do whatever he wanted.

If they viewed him as the biggest name (not named Stan Lee or Kirby) to do the book and let him do whatever.

Now to most folks-Hudlin would be the bigger name based on his movie career. Most folks don't know Hudlin wrote a Panther run-they think of House Party and Boomerang with his name.

Coates is well known to certain fandom and mind set folks. Who don't care about story content or qaulity as long as it panders to an agenda.

The same group who if Marvel did Black Panther vs Predator vs Aliens vs Terminator vs KKK vs Unicron and Pather beat them all. They would throw a fit if Shuri, Storm and "other" did little to nothing.

Yet they would praise that same story if it was Cap America doing it by himself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I was looking up black marvel villains and MAN there were so many that are collecting dust.

I want to say that type of person (not an alien) is already in Marvel.

I mean a guy like Suicide or Bloodshed could be reworked to fit that hunter obsession. Since Ghost Rider nor Spidey is using either one.
    Neither of those can match T'Challa for tech toys, though. An alien could, and an original character wouldn't drift back to their franchise

I wonder if there's some sort of Elder of the Universe that is obsessed with Hunting. If there's not, that's a descent idea for a new villain who could work with BP. Elders are cosmic level with a lot of tech, so its a high end threat.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I've had similar ideas as well. Some sort of space hunter/warrior who deems T'Challa as worthy prey.
    I don't know if you've read my previous posts but this could be the perfect villain or one of the villains for a story concept I proposed a few pages back: an action heavy T'Challa focused 6 issue mini series.

I'm not convinced editors do ANYTHING at Marvel these days, given how disjointed things are.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I wonder if there's some sort of Elder of the Universe that is obsessed with Hunting. If there's not, that's a descent idea for a new villain who could work with BP. Elders are cosmic level with a lot of tech, so its a high end threat.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Maht_Pacle_(Earth-616)

I'm not convinced editors do ANYTHING at Marvel these days, given how disjointed things are.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Maht_Pacle_(Earth-616)
    Eh... I kinda wish he looked a little cooler. He looks like a Liefeld re-designed Sandman. But conceptually I guess he would work.