Page 8 of 400 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

My opinion on Rai after 2 issues is that the artwork is brilliant, but the story itself is hard to judge yet. Not a whole lot has happened in either issue really, and I get the feeling that the big revelation will happen in issue 3 or 4 before the book settles into its groove.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Oh, if you're a regular VALIANT reader than issue #2 is full of goodies. Yes, issue #3 is likely to reveal more on the Raddie plot and why the murdered body is so important but plenty happened in issue #2.

Also, I read Q&W #11 last night and while it was a fair to middling read I must say that the tag at the end of the issue does indicate the title is ending rather than going on hiatus. So far VEI has been using vague words or things that could be implied to have dual meaning. Here I don't see that "...come back for the series finale". I'm just curious why it isn't being promoted as such if that is indeed the case.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AngusH View Post
    My opinion on Rai after 2 issues is that the artwork is brilliant, but the story itself is hard to judge yet. Not a whole lot has happened in either issue really, and I get the feeling that the big revelation will happen in issue 3 or 4 before the book settles into its groove.
    Ia gree witjhat that assasment.

Anyone else excited about Armor Hunters? The first ish comes out next week and I cant wait

BANNED

Lol the Bleeding Monk cannot honestly believe those 2 are just going to remove themselves from the stage.

For those doing digital... Harbinger is having a 99-cent sale.

I grabbed the first three issues for the price of one. :-)

Just finished reading the 1st issues of both X-O Manowar and Harbinger.
    Great stuff.

Will read X-O Manowar #2 in a couple weeks, then the next issues of both titles and Bloodshot #1 next month.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by havok1977 View Post
    Anyone else excited about Armor Hunters? The first ish comes out next week and I cant wait
    They look awesome and i hope it will add a nice space mythology.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Oh, if you're a regular VALIANT reader than issue #2 is full of goodies. Yes, issue #3 is likely to reveal more on the Raddie plot and why the murdered body is so important but plenty happened in issue #2.

Also, I read Q&W #11 last night and while it was a fair to middling read I must say that the tag at the end of the issue does indicate the title is ending rather than going on hiatus. So far VEI has been using vague words or things that could be implied to have dual meaning. Here I don't see that "...come back for the series finale". I'm just curious why it isn't being promoted as such if that is indeed the case.
    I got all the references, which were cool and all, but they were (so far) more easter eggs than anything else - interested to see what happens in Unity the next issue or so however.

On the whole Q&W has suffered from the rotating-door of artists, often signicantly varying in quality. The writing has been good for the most part, but Archer & Armstrong is the stronger humour book for me by far. Definitely going on a haitus though from everything I've seen, and I think that's going to be the standard for Valiant titles going forward. It's a trend that Marvel NOW has shown works - shorter, limited runs.

I mean, just look at the drop in Harbinger/A&A readers over the past 12 months. It's a shame. Still, I like Valiant's decision to limit their total titles each month, so I suspect we'll see lots of minis and crossover events, with Unity used as the catch-all for main characters without an ongoing.

Spectacular Member

I am going to London at the end of the month for a weeks training course with work and am debating getting all the new Valiant comics digitally to read when i am away.

Will it be ok to read the likes of Rai, Quantam and Woody, Shadowman, Harbringer, X-O etc as sets rather than in order.

What i mean is like X-O 1 to newest and then read Harbringer from 1 to now and so on so forth?

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddle Factory View Post
    I am going to London at the end of the month for a weeks training course with work and am debating getting all the new Valiant comics digitally to read when i am away.

Will it be ok to read the likes of Rai, Quantam and Woody, Shadowman, Harbringer, X-O etc as sets rather than in order.

What i mean is like X-O 1 to newest and then read Harbringer from 1 to now and so on so forth?
    Rai having only 2 issues, maybe 3 by your flight won't be a problem.
    Q&W as well as Shadowman as a straight read through also works.
    XO and Harbinger both have some crossovers so a straight through read can work but once you get to Harbinger Wars(Bloodshot crossover + it's on mini HW tie in) you'll likely need to read the "previously on" inner panel. Same with XO, especially around issue #18 and it's crossover with UNITY.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Rai having only 2 issues, maybe 3 by your flight won't be a problem.
    Q&W as well as Shadowman as a straight read through also works.
    XO and Harbinger both have some crossovers so a straight through read can work but once you get to Harbinger Wars(Bloodshot crossover + it's on mini HW tie in) you'll likely need to read the "previously on" inner panel. Same with XO, especially around issue #18 and it's crossover with UNITY.
    I was thinking it would be

UNITY 1 to now
    RAI 1 to now
    HARBINGER 1 to now (Dont know where Harbringer Wars would be)
    SHADOWMAN 1 to now then SHADOWMAN: END TIMES 3 of 3
    QUANTUM AND WOODY 1 to now
    ARCHER & ARMSTRONG 00 to now
    BLOODSHOT 00 to 13 then BLOODSHOT AND H.A.R.D. CORPS 14 to 20 then 00 to now
    ETERNAL WARRIOR 1 to 8
    X-O MANOWAR 1 to 24 then ARMOR HUNTERS and then 25 to now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Riddle Factory View Post
    I was thinking it would be

UNITY 1 to now
    RAI 1 to now
    HARBINGER 1 to now (Dont know where Harbringer Wars would be)
    SHADOWMAN 1 to now then SHADOWMAN: END TIMES 3 of 3
    QUANTUM AND WOODY 1 to now
    ARCHER & ARMSTRONG 00 to now
    BLOODSHOT 00 to 13 then BLOODSHOT AND H.A.R.D. CORPS 14 to 20 then 00 to now
    ETERNAL WARRIOR 1 to 8
    X-O MANOWAR 1 to 24 then ARMOR HUNTERS and then 25 to now?
    XO 25 reads as Armor Hunters #0, so put that before AH.

I'd include Harbinger Wars between Bloodshot #13 and Bloodshot #0 and before the "Perfect Day" Harbinger Arc.

Thanks for answering Bugsy I was a bit late cycling back to his question.
    As for where Harbinger Wars intertwines w/the Harbinger title it's issues #11-14. However you'll want to read those alongside Bloodshot #10-13.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 06-13-2014 at 09:47 AM.

Man, I'm not sure I can afford that omnibus. I missed Q&W the first time, but I'm definitely enjoying the new version.