Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    I am telling you man it wont happen. Tim wont be in a Big Screen Batman Movie. He is likely to get skipped. Dick Grayson > Jason Todd > Damian Wayne. What gets Bruce to try a new sidekick after his last died. His own son that is what. Plus Batfleck old so eventually you can get BatDick and Damian Robin.
    I remember dozens of people trying to convince me that Wally West wouldn't come back in Rebirth. "It's not going to happen, Nu Wally is officially Wally West. There's no place for the old character." And we all know what actually ended up happening. I don't buy for a second that it could never happen. It might not, but you can't prove that.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Eeh, 'Tec been pretty Tim heavy too. But if it is Tynion that offs him then there's probably a good chance its part of a greater plan he has for Tim.
    He said in an interview that he has big plans for Tim, and has also emphasized his tole in the series as the "emotional heart of the book". I guess that lends some credibility to the death theory, but that it will be temporary and lead to bigger things for the character. Like being essential to the Doctor Manhattan plot line.

Every time DC runs out of ideas they press the "Kill a Robin" button on Didio's office.

In batman beyond he transform in....

THE JOKER..

Like in Batman Beyond Film... Drake will die, for joker returns..

Fantastic Member

Has to be the Beyond Drake, they just gave Rebirth Drake a new status quo and a fairly interesting plot (His decision between college and crime fighter), would be stupid to kill him off now.

However, killing him off is better than ruining him any further to be honest, N52 Tim is so unlikable until recently.
    Dreaded, run from it, Bendis still arrives to ruin your canon.

Despite the Tim of the Futures End..

In the present, Now he returns with Steph... Why he should die? For repeat Steph story when "she died" as a robin and return someday?

Another fan asked if Tim Drake would be retired. Tynion said that Tim Drake was his favorite character in comics, so that would not be happening under his watch. "He really is the heart of everything moving forward - if you're a Tim Drake fan, you're going to be really excited about what happens in this series." Will Spoiler and Orphan make an appearance on Birds of Prey? The Bensons said they'd love that.
    Note the word choice: "retired," not "killed". Again, nothing conclusive, but interesting.

http://www.newsarama.com/30309-sdcc-...man-panel.html
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

You cant get any more retired than dead caivu.

I doubt hell get killed in Tec, too much paranoia around here. Plus the writing on the wall is that batman beyond Tim has his days numbered either way. As one of the 3 readers of batman beyond on the internet and one of the 2 dudes that are interested in news about it i can tell you that much at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    You cant get any more retired than dead caivu.
    "Retired" as in "in comic limbo for multiple years". "Dead for 8-12 issues" is something else entirely, especially with double shipping.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Considering the impact the death of any ex/robin would have on the batverse i dont think this is happening to Tec Tim. Else we would have heard a lot more about it, even if it was a death for like 3 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    Considering the impact the death of any ex/robin would have on the batverse i dont think this is happening to Tec Tim. Else we would have heard a lot more about it, even if it was a death for like 3 issues.
    True, something like this I would expect DC to promote it. At least a little, since Tim is pretty well known.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KrustyKid View Post
    True, something like this I would expect DC to promote it. At least a little, since Tim is pretty well known.
    But if they were going to kill off a major character, wouldn't they want it to be a surprise? They are promoting the Bat-Books with the Monster Men crossover, if he was going to die it makes sense that a major event would be involved.

Wow, I can't believe I'm arguing in favor of one of my favorite characters dying. Comics are weird.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    I've decided I don't mind if main universe Tim dies. Historically, death is the best thing that can happen to to a Robin in terms of popularity. Jason is the obvious example, and after Damian died he got his first ever solo series and now he's getting more exposure than ever with the animated films and his 2 upcoming Rebirth series. After being dead for a few minutes in Forever Evil, Dick got the critically acclaimed Grayson series and now he has a highly anticipated Nightwing book, as well as Titans. Even Steph got a boost after her supposed death in War Games, she got to be the new Batgirl.

I say give Tim a badass heroic death, and resurrect him a few months later with a new solo book and a Young Justice series. And a role in the next Batman film.
    I suggest that Tim chokes to death on a bowl of cream-o'-wheat and stays dead FOREVER>

Well Tim being dead could be the death of Red Robin. He just goes into retirement and lives in sunny Malibu. Or Tim actually dies.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Well Tim being dead could be the death of Red Robin. He just goes into retirement and lives in sunny Malibu. Or Tim actually dies.
    I recall fairly early on in Tim's career him saying to Nightwing that he didn't want to be Robin forever.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Anyone who believes this croc of crap should stop reading dc comics. Tum Drake from will not die. Hes important in Detetive comics. The tim from beyond? Sure. after all terry is coming back