Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default New Spiderman Homecoming Trailer!!!

This looks so cool. Not a big Spiderman fan, but I am excited to see this after viewing this new trailer. Oh and Keaton looks and sounds dope as the Vulture.

That looks awesome! This is probably gonna be my favorite Spider-Man movie. What I've seen thus far of Tom Holland's Spider-Man is more reminiscent of my beloved 90s animated series than Tobey Maguire's and Andrew Garfield's versions.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

I may be in the minority on this one, but I think the best part of this movie is gonna be Robert Downey jr. as tony stark. Honestly, there is waaaayyy too much emphasis on the fact that spider man is just a kid in this movie. Too much high school hijinks. I don't think I can take Tom holland seriously as spider man.
    Last edited by protege; 03-28-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Ultimate Member

Looks fun.

A little too "cute" but fun.

so they take away his suit so he uses something people can cosplay? Weak.

And the vulture wings are HUGE, how the hell does he walk?

I'm excited as all hell to watch this movie, but goddamn did that trailer reveal a lot.

Ferry is in danger and Spider-Man's in trouble? Let's show the resolution to this action piece.

Sure, that moment is supposed to contribute to the larger arc, but even then, let the audience find that out at the theater. Even the action pieces that serve only to move the plot can be thrilling on their own.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm excited as all hell to watch this movie, but goddamn did that trailer reveal a lot.

Ferry is in danger and Spider-Man's in trouble? Let's show the resolution to this action piece.

Sure, that moment is supposed to contribute to the larger arc, but even then, let the audience find that out at the theater. Even the action pieces that serve only to move the plot can be thrilling on their own.
    Agreed 100%

Iron Man's intervention should have been saved for the movie.

Honestly, the MCU references were a little too heavy. It's like "see? see? it's in the MCU guys!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Agreed 100%

Honestly, the MCU references were a little too heavy. It's like "see? see? it's in the MCU guys!!"
    Like what?

and part of the appeal to the casual view is that it is in the MCU. They want the brand on their, heavy.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    so they take away his suit so he uses something people can cosplay? Weak.

And the vulture wings are HUGE, how the hell does he walk?
    I actually like the cosplay suit. Looks really street.

Part of me is hoping/guessing that by the end of the film he won't need a Tony Stark Spiderman suit. Wasn't particularly high on that idea in the first place.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 03-28-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I may be in the minority on this one, but I think the best part of this movie is gonna be Robert Downey jr. as tony stark...
    This is the first trailer that got me genuinely interested in this movie and Tony is exactly why. I've seen enough solo Spider-Man movies (and I haven't even seen ASM2). I want to see him mixing it up with other heroes. Hopefully Tony has a substantial part in this.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post

Part of me is hoping/guessing that by the end of the film he won't need a Tony Stark Spiderman suit. Wasn't particularly high on that idea in the first place.
    My thoughts as well. If you're going for the Spidey high school vibe from the Lee/Ditko era, Peter needs to be an independent agent. I'm hoping the film leaves Peter and Tony in an awkward place. Not hostility, but certainly mistrust. You don't want Peter to be able to borrow $2,000 every time Aunt May falls short on the rent.

I love this 'blue collar villain' take on the Vulture. His turn to villainy to give his family the things he thinks they rightfully deserve is the perfect counterpoint to Peter's reason for being a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post

Looks goofy as hell. He needs a hero suit. Part of me makes me think that he will only wear the suit during Marvel related stuff but spend most of the time looking silly.

I actually really like that he gets downgraded to the home made suit, I'm generally not a fan of super advanced spidey suits, though I'm sure he'll be back in it by the end of the movie.

Looks goofy as hell. He needs a hero suit. Part of me makes me think that he will only wear the suit during Marvel related stuff but spend most of the time looking silly.

That is what a real homemade suit from a 16 year old would look like though.

A 16 year old becoming a master seamstress and creating a perfect spandex suit with web designs is just ridiculous lol

I mean, I can look past that but it is eye rolling.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah it's a little goofy, but I think it depends how it's utilized visually also. It looks a lot better (from the small sample I've seen) when he's crawling around, swinging, or in shadow to some degree. When he has a spotlight on him and has his hands on his waist as a toy he looks worse. But so would Batman in the Batmobile stuck in traffic in the middle of the day.

He'll probably either get the Stark suit back at the end or improve on his makeshift suit.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 03-28-2017 at 09:41 AM.