Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Cracked. Far and away. Once they fired half their staff, you could tell it went downhill. I still miss Michael Swaim.
    Assassinate Putin!

Comicvine used to be really active with articles, and frankly a much nicer forum environment than the CBR forums, yikes, I used to be horrified at the cynicism over here, now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm acclimated to it, corrupted a bit too, maybe I like it here now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Comicvine used to be really active with articles, and frankly a much nicer forum environment than the CBR forums, yikes, I used to be horrified at the cynicism over here, now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm acclimated to it, corrupted a bit too, maybe I like it here now.
    Used to enjoy me some CV. But man did it take a weird turn for the worse. Yikes, indeed.

CBR, Ask Men, Bleeding Cool, Homestar Runner, Superhero Hype, and there's one other I can't think of.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    CBR, Ask Men, Bleeding Cool, Homestar Runner, Superhero Hype, and there's one other I can't think of.
    Oh man, Superhero Hype takes me back. That was the first forum I joined back in 2003 or so. It was always kind of terrible, but there was a charm to it. It felt like more of a community than CBR is now. I still chat with some of the friends I made on there.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I used to log in at Superhero Hype too. It was kind of cool for a while because there were a few times that FF film director Tim Story would post there while the first movie was in production. He seemed like a nice buy and did know his Fantastic Four. IIRC he was a fan of the Byrne run. I think the studio kind of crushed him though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I'll take the cynicism over battle forum junkies and MRAs any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Oh man, Superhero Hype takes me back. That was the first forum I joined back in 2003 or so. It was always kind of terrible, but there was a charm to it. It felt like more of a community than CBR is now. I still chat with some of the friends I made on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I used to log in at Superhero Hype too. It was kind of cool for a while because there were a few times that FF film director Tim Story would post there while the first movie was in production. He seemed like a nice buy and did know his Fantastic Four. IIRC he was a fan of the Byrne run. I think the studio kind of crushed him though.
    They got good scoops from time to time and stuff like Iron Maiden said made the boards really fun.

Then it went TOP 10 BLAH BLAH BLAH ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

You mean other then YouTube. I can’t look up anything comic book related without my recommends being flooded with comicgate garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    You mean other then YouTube. I can’t look up anything comic book related without my recommends being flooded with comicgate garbage.
    My stepfather is getting more and more into the rabbit hole on this stuff and I'm not sure how to dig him out. I've read a little about it but not sure if it's enough to save him.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    My stepfather is getting more and more into the rabbit hole on this stuff and I'm not sure how to dig him out. I've read a little about it but not sure if it's enough to save him.
    It's hard to see someone you care for being radicalized.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's hard to see someone you care for being radicalized.
    The worst part is, I think the death of my brother has caused him to become more insular. I don't talk about my personal life much on here but my brother was kind of a leveling force to some of his worst excesses and I don't know how to be that. He doesn't have his "buddy" anymore and I don't know how to fill that role. They had much more in common than he and I do and he was his biological son.
    Assassinate Putin!

In 2005, AnimeonDVD was the first forum I ever joined and I truly enjoyed my time there. If you're out there Chris (Mr. Beveridge), I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused you and I hope you won't hold it against me. Peace.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-25-2019 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    The worst part is, I think the death of my brother has caused him to become more insular. I don't talk about my personal life much on here but my brother was kind of a leveling force to some of his worst excesses and I don't know how to be that. He doesn't have his "buddy" anymore and I don't know how to fill that role. They had much more in common than he and I do and he was his biological son.
    Tragedy has a tendency to have us look for places of comfort, companionship, and often enough something to focus blame/aggression/pain on.

I wish there was something I could offer you other than you can't make someone be something they're not, and you shouldn't put that burden upon yourself.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Used to be a daily regular at Something Awful, then meh. Just can't be bothered anymore.
    That site was never "cool." A bunch of juvenile bullies that probably drove a few vulnerable people to suicide.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!