Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    The Green Lantern movie is an adaptation of a Secret Origins story that Johns wrote.

The Justice League movie is also an adaptation of an Origins story that Johns wrote.

And now there's a Flashpoint movie on the drawing boards that Johns is slated to produce. That's not a good idea at all.
    Except, again, Johns didn't write any of the scripts for those movies. Zack Snyder's Watchmen is nowhere as good as the original comic. Is Alan Moore to blame for that? Man of Steel drew from All Star Superman and Morrison's Action Comics run. Is Morrison to blame for that movie not being so good? And BvS was directly inspired by DKR, one of the best Batman stories ever told. I suppose Frank Miller is to blame for that movie being an absolute dumpster fire.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 12-06-2017 at 06:10 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Trey doesn't want to understand that. He pulled the premise of this thread out of his ass based on an IMDB link and is ignoring any actual data that contradicts. Furthermore, he doesn't seem to understand that DC and WB are different things.

I see no point in continuing this discussion.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

grant morrison should not be allowed to touch superman with a ten foot stick. His stunt of killing damien will crop up again with killing or undermining jons character

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    grant morrison should not be allowed to touch superman with a ten foot stick. His stunt of killing damien will crop up again with killing or undermining jons character
    That wasn’t a “stunt.” That was the conclusion of the story that Morrison created him for. He was always going to do it, he just ended up keeping him around for much longer than he expected. There’s no reason to believe that he’d kill off Jon.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Spectacular Member

Batman and Robin — Yeah, but the colors are brilliant! Just switch off your brain and think, "okay, I'm watching the gay Batman"!

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons
    This thread is going on circles.
    The Filth is my favorite all-time thing I've written

Q To what extent do drugs play a role in your creative process?
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/381812/this-...rison-on-drugs
    They were very big in The Invisibles. I was a very straightedge kid until I was 30 years old — I didn't touch anything, and I was anti-drinking, anti-drugs, everything. But I got to 30 and I kind of decided to treat myself as a laboratory and become something else — I wondered how much you could mess with your own personality. I became a tranny for awhile; I used to dress up as a girl, and I was beautiful! I just started to take tons of psychadelic drugs, though I was never into amphetamines or anything. But I'm getting old now, so I don't do so much of that.

Did that also have a role in your experience in Kathmandu?
    The Kathmandu thing was really weird. I had taken a little bit of hash — but just a very little bit. That experience was so profound — nothing like that has ever happened to me again. Part of taking so many drugs in the 90s was trying to recreate the experience: the clarity of everything was so much more real, the way things are made ... all this is just cheap dream compared to the place I was. I've taken DMT, high doses of mushrooms, high doses of acid — nothing took me back. I've never been able to go there again.

In the script for Arkham Asylum there's a joke about two nuns and a donkey. Is that a real joke?
    That is a joke. Two nuns find this gigantic penis, and they're working away, and the Mother Superior says "Oh my God! Look what's happened to Flannen McCafferty!" The idea is that some old guy's donkey dies and the donkey's got the biggest dick in the wall, so he cuts it off and throws it over the nunnery wall, which takes me back to the punchline, and ... I can't tell jokes. That's the only joke I know and I still can't tell it.

Next year I'm doing this thing called .... which is kind of psychadelic
    Last edited by WhichDrWhowins; 12-05-2017 at 07:44 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    That wasn’t a “stunt.” That was the conclusion of the story that Morrison created him for. He was always going to do it, he just ended up keeping him around for much longer than he expected. There’s no reason to believe that he’d kill off Jon.
    he created a entire admit-ably awesome pitch called superman 2000....and its one purpose was to break up the marriage between clark and lois. he hated the marriage just as much as mark waid and miller

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    he created a entire admit-ably awesome pitch called superman 2000....and its one purpose was to break up the marriage between clark and lois. he hated the marriage just as much as mark waid and miller
    It's Millar, not Miller (not trying to be a dick here, it's just that "Miller" makes people think of Frank, not Mark). And yes, although those guys believed Supes was on his ideal form while un-married, if you read interviews from time you'll see that they eventually decided to keep the marriage for the sake of continuity.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

What do you think?
    Grant Morrison? Uh no.

There is a reason why Geoff has risen to the ranks of Management and Creative. Not all writers or artists can do that and Morrison is definitely not one of them.

That's like saying should Gal Gadot write the next Wonder Woman film because she starred in the first one and it was so successful.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Trey doesn't want to understand that. He pulled the premise of this thread out of his ass based on an IMDB link and is ignoring any actual data that contradicts. Furthermore, he doesn't seem to understand that DC and WB are different things.

LOL! That was funny and harsh at the same time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Grant Morrison? Uh no.

There is a reason why Geoff has risen to the ranks of Management and Creative. Not all writers or artists can do that and Morrison is definitely not one of them.

That's like saying should Gal Gadot write the next Wonder Woman film because she starred in the first one and it was so successful.
    I dont think Johns is qualified at all either tbh, he's no Fiege who is a legit Hollywood guy unlike Johns who is a writer and if he's bringing in Bendis then God help DCEU because Fiege trashed the Marvel creative group which had guys like Bendis, Loeb etc who are Marvel's proxies for Johns. Morrison and Johns should both be as best consultants.
    To use your own analogy its like making a screenwriter a studio head. Bruce Timm is more qualified for this job than Johns, I dont want him either but if we're talking about qualifications than Johns doesn't have any to merit his current position.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    This thread is going on circles.
    Welcome to a Trey Strain thread

BANNED

It doesn't have to be Morrison. If Morrison doesn't want to do it, maybe Bendis would.

It doesn't have to be Morrison. If Morrison doesn't want to do it, maybe Bendis would.
    Think you just took one step too far man.

Now its obvious that you're trolling.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post

I can do it, I have no experience, but I'd give it a shot