Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    It shows Gambit has quite some friends, which we knew. But who is closest to Rogue you people think? Surely not Illyana, they were barely seen interacting with each other ever.

So I know Bobby and Sam are suppose to be two of her friends, but be honest, are they really close to her? Who else of her colleagues is she really is close with?

Or,... is Rogue still the friendless X-Man she always was? Remembering her starting days, outback days, she was a loner, no one really liked her. Is she still friendless?
    No, the problem is the X-Man she's been shown bonding with the most in the past decade is dead (Wolverine) and all the new friends she's made in UA probably weren't invited to Kitty's wedding (Synapse, Wasp, Human Torch, etc...).

In terms of X-Men, I think she is friendly with many X-Men but I don't think writers have not done a good job establishing a best friend. Outside of Wolverine, I think the most consistent friendship she's had is with Iceman. They had the road-trip during the 90s to bond over things they couldn't have or were ready to deal with and I think Rogue choosing to have him on her team during the Messiah Complex era shows trust. Iceman also stuck up for her against Scott, though part of that might've been his mounting frustration with Cyclops as well.

That Kitty (of all characters) got so much panel time during the Iceman solo I think is a crime. At least Sina remembered Angel as a person he should actually be close to. :/

Sam I think Rogue is fond of (southerners flock together?) and while they have spent some time together on a couple of teams, most of it has just been as friendly colleagues. Sam's BFFs will always be the New Mutants though.

On the girls side, I think she (despite the really rocky start and being pretty harsh on her) is closet to Storm, as almost an older sister but Storm is still closer to Gambit and other X-Women (Jean, Psylocke).

So excited about this series. I think it has the potential to be something special. After all the heartbreak surrounding X-men Gold #30, I think comics as a whole needs a series like this. Rogue and Gambit have done plenty to earn it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    It shows Gambit has quite some friends, which we knew. But who is closest to Rogue you people think? Surely not Illyana, they were barely seen interacting with each other ever.

So I know Bobby and Sam are suppose to be two of her friends, but be honest, are they really close to her? Who else of her colleagues is she really is close with?

Or,... is Rogue still the friendless X-Man she always was? Remembering her starting days, outback days, she was a loner, no one really liked her. Is she still friendless?
    Illyana just wanted an excuse to get away from the flaming ruins that she had created.

Rogue seems to be pretty friendly with everyone, but she doesn't have a clearly defined best friend. Unless you count Gambit, I guess. Outside of him, Wolverine and Iceman probably come the closest.

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    Illyana just wanted an excuse to get away from the flaming ruins that she had created.
    TRUTH!
    Baby gurl is eager to direct her focus on SOMETHING GOOD to abate her guilt.

Also, on the topic of Rogue's close(r) relationships -- I've been under the impression that Rogue and Bobby (and Sam) have been pretty tight for a long time now. Hence Bobby being at her side for the ceremony.

But REAL TALK: Reading that exchange between Remy and 'Ro got me straight up emotional. Love just slays the fux outta me. And reading 'Ro say "I would like to see someone try to stop me" made my eyes well up. Just beautiful.

Also, Laura looks gorge. Bishop and Yana were delightful touches. BLING(!) providing the bling is just too perfect (You're BRILLIANT, Kelly!!!) and Gabby is just precious. I am SO excited to read this in its entirety. I just reread my recently acquired trade of R&G last night and my body is READY.

I kinda love that their rings are going to include a part of a student that was really important to both of them. That was very clever, kudos to KT for the Bling! moment. The art is pretty good; it’s a lot better than what we could have gotten so I am happy.

BANNED

Wow, the artist gave Laura some LONG stems. Nice to see Remy including her and Gabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    I kinda love that their rings are going to include a part of a student that was really important to both of them. That was very clever, kudos to KT for the Bling! moment. The art is pretty good; it’s a lot better than what we could have gotten so I am happy.
    It is really cool. And even cooler that it is Bling because Gambit was a mentor for Chevaliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is really cool. And even cooler that it is Bling because Gambit was a mentor for Chevaliers.
    I had forgotten about the Gambit and Bling connection. Gambit's wedding party so to speak would make a good team in and of itself.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Rogue was also Bling!s first crush. <3

This looks great, I really like the characters KT picked for Remy's side and I'll always be a sucker for X-Men just hanging out. That said, Magik really doesn't sound like Magik. TMI? She sounded more like Pixie, to be honest. Magik's humor isn't supposed to be cute, it's supposed to be dark.

But that's minor. The book looks like a lot of fun.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I have to agree. KT was able to display Magik's natural tendency for duality, but not in a scary way. Queen of hell is grossed out by spiders; she cares enough for Rogue's situation that she lends a helping hand, but not at the cost of missing out on the cake... Cant believe they stole the @&#&$&# cake too...
    I love that KT is reinforcing little character moments from other writers' work. It's fresh in my mind because it just came out on Marvel Unlimited, but the final issue of Rosenberg's Secret Warriors showed that Magik loves her some cake.

BANNED

If Guggs had written Magik this poorly he would've rightly been called out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    If Guggs had written Magik this poorly he would've rightly been called out for it.
    No one is ever 100% the same thing all the time. If she consistently wrote Magik like that it would be an issue. But Magik being a bit silly in a one off situation like this after she wrecked her brother and best friend's wedding is really not a big deal.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Definetely not poorly. Just a joke.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    That’s the thing with Rogue, she’s severely underdeveloped when it comes to the non-superheroics. You really don’t know that much about her outside of being an X-Man. I hope MMX can change that.
    I think Illyanna is there mostly because of transportation purposes for this scene anyway.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I don't think many people understand the character. The way she was written during AvX imo was spot on. Nearly without emotion, not really understanding how others feel or even really caring; calculating, but menacingly so. By all means she should be an antihero. But once Bendis got his hands on her... She hasn't been the same and it went on so long I think this iteration has become common place. Like Buffy Summers (vamp slayer) but without the bubbly air-headiness she had at Illyanna's age. She wants to keep this world safe, but "safe" is a relative term when the world she grew up in was eternally in flames and populated with demonic beings that all wanted to eat her on some level. Her definitions of "safe", "good", "moral" and "funny" are going to be different than ours. And they should be.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.