Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

What's your favorite John Stewart construct?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    What's your favorite John Stewart construct?
    There's so many of them, it's hard to find a favorite.

I'm going to say when he attempted to recreate Xanshi

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post

That's pretty great.

That's definitely one of John's most impressive and most notable constructs. I love when they let him break away from the usual guns and get creative, and a little abstract, with his constructs. Like when he made a big hunk of kryptonite (like the actual isotope) to hid himself, Hawkgirl, and Martian Manhunter in Justice League #15(?)

I'm also a sucker for the big John constructs.

But my favorite is the one from JLA (1997) #87 when Martian Manhunter turned into Fernus and ran everyone's fade. But then John came through with that construct that rewrites his brain to think in the language of the universe that he learned from Ganthet, and proceeded to just give Fernus all of the hands

Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-09-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I noticed an funny little connection about John. So I was reading Justice League and reading the part where John was fighting Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and the Flash when he's under the ultraviolet light of Umbrax; and I noticed his construct.

The ultraviolet light/Invisible Spectrum feeds of primal forces, primal feelings and uses it; in this instance, John's self-hatred and shame. So I thought it was interesting that when he makes his biggest construct attack he creates a giant monster in a Ultraviolet Lantern uniform. It made me think of when Fatality was freed from the Star Sapphires and left John because she still wanted vengeance against him and in his emotional state he created a giant construct of himself out of grief and heartbreak.

I just thought it was an cool parallel; even if it's likely not intentional. I like to think of it as a personality quirk and that his UV construct is the monster he sees himself as, what he feels he is on a primal level.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-10-2019 at 07:44 AM.

currently following:

Looks like John will be appearing in Minh Le's Green Lantern: Legacy novel.

http://blogs.slj.com/goodcomicsforki...antern-legacy/

I like the design on John's costume there.

It's nice to see other writers that has John in mind, but I prefer John to make those kind of appearances in non lantern-related books, unless John is the main lantern in the book.

I noticed an funny little connection about John. So I was reading Justice League and reading the part where John was fighting Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and the Flash when he's under the ultraviolet light of Umbrax; and I noticed his construct.

The ultraviolet light/Invisible Spectrum feeds of primal forces, primal feelings and uses it; in this instance, John's self-hatred and shame. So I thought it was interesting that when he makes his biggest construct attack he creates a giant monster in a Ultraviolet Lantern uniform. It made me think of when Fatality was freed from the Star Sapphires and left John because she still wanted vengeance against him and in his emotional state he created a giant construct of himself out of grief and heartbreak.

I just thought it was an cool parallel; even if it's likely not intentional. I like to think of it as a personality quirk and that his UV construct is the monster he sees himself as, what he feels he is on a primal level.
    John, to me always had emotional feelings eternally and then shows those feelings in a very big way.

I'm glad you brought this up. The comparison does seem quite similar. I wonder did Scott Snyder ever read Van Jensen's run on GLC.

I reeeeally dig this design. Such a simple tweak, just adding texture lines, really enhanced the suit. I'm bummed that no artist outside the JL title are incorporating his new ring but, too be fair, I don't think John has had too many cameos since the change and it feels like even Snyder has more or less forgotten about that change anyway; but i would have liked to see it more. Anyway, I really like the design, cool beans.

I like the design on John's costume there.

It's nice to see other writers that has John in mind, but I prefer John to make those kind of appearances in non lantern-related books, unless John is the main lantern in the book.
    I 100% agree. I think we need more John appearances outside Lantern or Justice League books. I feel it would go a long way in helping undo some of the damage from decades of character mismanagement. Letting him bounce off a diverse crop of characters and story types could breath new life into the character.

currently following:

BANNED

I guess it's cool having him in that book, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only panel he's in

I believe John Stewart's best hope is film, and even then, it is a slim hope, for two reasons. First, WB seems to have no interest in adapting Green Lantern for film again, in any notable way. And second, he'll still have Hal Jordan to contend with, and that could easily go in a way that isn't flattering to John.

But DC Comics have never really been kind to him, and DC isn't going to do anything worthwhile with him in animation. Though, I was pleasantly surprised by his part in Teen Titans Go to the Movies.

But it gets easier and easier for me to think that the Justice League toons will be John's last great contribution to entertainment. Nowadays, there are just so many Lanterns around and people seem to make up their own custom ones for whatever story they want to do.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 03-15-2019 at 12:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I guess it's cool having him in that book, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the only panel he's in

I believe John Stewart's best hope is film, and even then, it is a slim hope, for two reasons. First, WB seems to have no interest in adapting Green Lantern for film again, in any notable way. And second, he'll still have Hal Jordan to contend with, and that could easily go in a way that isn't flattering to John.

But DC Comics have never really been kind to him, and DC isn't going to do anything worthwhile with him in animation. Though, I was pleasantly surprised by his part in Teen Titans Go to the Movies.

But it gets easier and easier for me to think that the Justice League toons will be John's last great contribution to entertainment. Nowadays, there are just so many Lanterns around and people seem to make up their own custom ones for whatever story they want to do.
    I wish I could argue with this post, but DC & WB has yet to prove you wrong.

June Solicitations

From Justice League 25

From Justice Leauge 26

I 100% agree. I think we need more John appearances outside Lantern or Justice League books. I feel it would go a long way in helping undo some of the damage from decades of character mismanagement. Letting him bounce off a diverse crop of characters and story types could breath new life into the character.
    Not only this, but it helps promote the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post

Since we're talking about the films, I don't see Hal Jordan being in there would hurt John's presence. Both characters are confirmed to be co-leads. If anything, John has a higher chance of being the slightly bigger player here. Superhero movies these days are starting to move toward minority leads, since there's successes superhero minority-led films.

There's way too many lanterns. A lot of this started from Geoff Johns. If it wasn't for him, there wouldn't be these kind of consequences where Kyle and Guy not having appearing as regulars in comic books. The value of the franchise has been watered down very badly.
    Last edited by Sodam Yat; 03-15-2019 at 02:21 PM.

BANNED

Since we're talking about the films, I don't see Hal Jordan being in there would hurt John's presence.
    You're kidding, right? Hal Jordan can very easily upstage John Stewart, as he's done in nearly everything that has featured both characters. Hal Jordan is almost always given precedence over John Stewart.

As far as what has been confirmed, that is off the table. There might be a script being worked on, but there is no Green Lantern Corps movie being planned for release. WB is focusing on other comic characters. If or when WB gets around to GLC, you could wind up with a totally different t script and plan. Like Jessica Cruz or something.