Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Plus the rules seem to be different for immortal characters - otherwise romance arcs are permanently off the table for them.
    Apparently only when it's Wolverine & Immortal women.

Let Creed & Magneto hook up with someone, and the age-police show up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

I keep pitching to writers that Black Widow should date age appropriate men, and none of them listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    I keep pitching to writers that Black Widow should date age appropriate men, and none of them listen to me.
    Who's she dated that old? It wasn't Cap was it? Or is she more Cougar, and dates younger? I haven't read as much of her.

Personally speaking my problem with Magneto and Rogue wasn't the age, is just that Magneto has done some really shitty things to Rogue (worse than almost anyone in her life).

I didn't mind Creed because he was pretty much another man during that story, but people has different standars for shippingn there are people that simply can't stand more than 1 year difference between pairings for example.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Who's she dated that old? It wasn't Cap was it? Or is she more Cougar, and dates younger? I haven't read as much of her.
    It is she who is old. Clint Barton was super young for her.

Well she dated Hawkeye and Daredevil, i'm pretty sure that she was older than then. If i remember correctly.
    Last edited by TheCape; 06-24-2019 at 11:26 AM.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Black Widow is enhanced and like 90 years old.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Well she dated Hawkeye snd Daredevil, i'm pretty sure that she was older than then. If i remember correctly.
    I just checked and although there are contradictory versions, according to a story she was born in 1928, she is older than Magneto.

Personally speaking my problem with Magneto and Rogue wasn't the age, is just that Magneto has done some really shitty things to Rogue (worse than almost anyone in her life).

I didn't mind Creed because he was pretty much another man during that story, but people has different standars for shipping there are people that simply can't stand more than 1 year difference between pairings for example.
    I can understand that. But for Magneto & Creed, I have seen age listed as one of the cons.

I never got the big deal. If a character is immortal, or close to it, then I think age shouldn't even be a factor. Because the only alternative is them living in celibacy. lol The longer they live, the bigger the age gaps are gonna keep getting between them & romantic / sexual prospects.

Just long as they're not hooking up with children.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It is she who is old.
    Awww. Another cougar for the jungle. lol Didn't know she was that old.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-24-2019 at 10:57 AM.

BANNED

I just checked and although there are contradictory versions, according to a story she was born in 1928, she is older than Magneto.
    Magneto is a little older. Born in 1926 according to Testament.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Magneto is a little older. Born in 1926 according to Testament.
    Oh, I thought he was younger during World War II.

I can understand that. But for Magneto & Creed, I have seen age listed as one of the cons.

I never got the big deal. If a character is immortal, or close to it, then I think age shouldn't even be a factor. Because the only alternative is them living in celibacy. lol The longer they live, the bigger the age gaps are gonna keep getting between them & romantic / sexual prospects.

Just long as they're not hooking up with children.

Awww. Another cougar for the jungle. lol Didn't know she was that old. Younger than Mystique, but older than Mags.
    Plenty of people just aren't into age-gap romance. But in general i agreed, as long as the love interest isn't a kid (preferably an adult in his 20s at the very least), i see no issue, i don't want Mystique to be the only choice for Logan and Creed lol.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

The thing is that Wolverine, Mystique and Sabretooth do not have the psyche you would expect from someone over one hundred years old. They seem to have the personality of being 40 years old at best.

Plenty of people just aren't into age-gap romance. But in general i agreed, as long as the love interest isn't a kid (preferably an adult in his 20s at the very least), i see no issue, i don't want Mystique to be the only choice for Logan and Creed lol.
    Too late for the latter. He may as well have a "Property of Mystique" tattooed on him. Because it's her or nothing. All his other love interests have been one-offs that don't appear longer than 1 page. Or killed off the the minis they got introduced in.

So he's stuck as Mystique's occasional pet. Cements his role as a loser character. lol

Wolverine will continue to have hordes of lovers, and was smart enough to kick Mystique to the curb a long time ago. Perks of being the popular pet character.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-24-2019 at 11:06 AM.

The thing is that Wolverine, Mystique and Sabretooth do not have the psyche you would expect from someone over one hundred years old. They seem to have the personality of being 40 years old at best.
    Put it down to their healing factors keeping their bodies (and brains) fresh.

Or the writers not being that old.