Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Default New Story "Breaking Point" for Superman #31/32

By James Bonny and Tyler Kirkham - a New 52 Deathstroke team - with covers by Ian Churchill.

SUPERMAN #31: Lois Lane is after the interview of a lifetime. The subject of her Daily Planet article: Deathstroke the Terminator! Determined to get "inside the mind of a killer," Lois follows a trail of bodies across the globe and comes face to face with the ultimate assassin. But the encounter turns deadly and, with Superman half a world away, the interview of a lifetime could cost Lois Lane her life! Don't miss part one of "Breaking Point"!

SUPERMAN #32: Deathstroke has come to Metropolis…and he’s got his sights set on Superman. Slade Wilson gives the Man of Steel an impossible choice: maintain his ideals and let the love of his life die, or save Lois Lane and become a killer himself. Will Deathstoke push Superman to his breaking point?
    Buh-bye

"Breaking Point" would be a good descriptor of my overall current feelings of this title right now.

By the way, the Joker has already played this game with Superman before.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-30-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

This sounds frustrating. Anyone familiar with bonny?

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Superman vs. Deathstroke AGAIN?

Hopefully this fight will go better for him than it did in Deathstroke's book. Doubt it, though. There's no "drama" if Superman actually gets to be Superman against him.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Always nice to see Lois as reporter.Where is Tomasi and Gleason?Apart from Road Trip they have given good to great stories.There are so many guest issues,fill in issues.I was looking forward to Imperius Rex arc.I thought Deathstroke had turned back from being an assasain after Lazarus effect.I have not been reading Deathstroke so any info would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 08-30-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Here's how the story will end: Superman will choose not to kill just to save Lois because he knows that she would be disappointed in him if he betrayed his ideals as that's what she loves most about him. Superman will either find a way around the plot, to save Lois but not kill, or whatever peril Lois is in will seemingly come to fruition, and Superman will briefly believe Lois is dead only for Deathstroke to reveal that it was just some trick to see if Superman would kill.

Basically either one big rip off of the 90s Joker story I referenced before, or a rip off of the last Manchester Black storyline pre-FP.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-30-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Another story where choosing between his family and others comes into play. A lot of those kinds of stories have been solicited since Rebirth, but the solicits have been exaggerated, so it isn't as bad as it sounds.

But it's still tiresome.

I wonder what's going on with the Superman book right now. Is 'Imperius Lex' delayed because the bi-monthly schedule has finally taken its toll on Tomasi & Gleason, or is there more going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    This sounds frustrating. Anyone familiar with bonny?
    He wrote some of the second New 52 Deathstroke book, and Kirkham was on art for some issues.

Doesn't really inspire confidence for this fill-in story.
    Last edited by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever; 08-30-2017 at 06:51 PM.

IMG_0235.jpg
    ^ american alien already gave me the definitive Slade vs Supes battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Clementine - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    I wonder what's going on with the Superman book right now. Is 'Imperius Lex' delayed because the bi-monthly schedule has finally taken its toll on Tomasi & Gleason, or is there more going on?
    I'm wondering if it's tied to what's going on with Lex in Action and Doomsday Clock .

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    ^ american alien already gave me the definitive Slade vs Supes battle.
    Possibly my favorite scene in American Alien.

Not liking the sound of this arc at all. Be nice to get "reporter" Lois back, and the idea of her chasing an interview with Slade sounds amazing. But instead of getting a fascinating character piece as Lois actually gets to interview the guy, we're getting a Superman-Deathstroke fight, where Clark will have to be written at a sever handicap to make Slade even remotely viable as a threat?

Maybe the preview or reviews will sell me on it but right now Im thinking hard pass.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Hopefully this fight will go better for him than it did in Deathstroke's book.
    Never understood people's issue with that one. Superman shrugs off punching a forcefield so hard he explodes his own blood vessels, and after every ridiculous dumb Deathstrokey plot-armor gimmick Deathstroke can pull out, Superman still outplays both him and his wife in his own book.

Certainly no reason though to expect this one is going to end up any differently than what Sacred Knight described, though.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm wondering if it's tied to what's going on with Lex in Action and Doomsday Clock .
    Seems likely.

Some time ago Jurgen's said he had saved a project that was going to go off the rails, which could have been in reference to Oz Effect.

With Action now shaping the continuity of Rebirth Superman, and Doomsday Clock taking precedence over everything else, the Superman team may be doing a lot of last minute rewrites.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not gonna lie, I'm missing how good this book was in it's first year. Lately, we have gotten nothing but filler sorta stories, and even after imperious lex, we are getting a christmas story(which to be fair, could be a good story.)

This story was supposed to come out in action comics, wasn't it? Lois investigating Deathstroke sounds cool to me. I've decided to take solicitations seriously, I was excited way too much when the solicits of the vacation arc came out. The story turned out to be the most boring one I've read recently. So I am just gonna wait, read and then judge. Hopefully the writers will find a way to tell the story without having to nerf Clark. I like the way Churchill draws Superman

Meh- I just hope it's good as I'm beginning to lose interest in superman. The current arc is fine but tonally wrong. I hope Lois is well written.

I have seen a few saying this is a story dc has had back catalogued for a while like The Learner said but the is the only evidence I could see. I do recall seeing tyler Kirkham post some superman art on his Instagram which confused me as he was not solicited for anything soon.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Deathstroke...eathstroke_in/

Even Churchill's cover is not doing it for me and I love his art normally. I really wonder what will happen to imperious Lex as it was a four part arc. Re-solicted in December? Using that issue after imperious lex about a wish or something an 'artist interlude?"'

Also isn't death stroke meant to be good for now? I know he will probably return to villainy but I think he is keeping the white costume as seen on Deathstroke #25.
    Last edited by Red obin; 08-31-2017 at 02:32 AM.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown