Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Mutants have been doing that since ancient times, Apocalypse and Selene come to mind. Neither were really that oppressed when they came into power they were the ones doing the oppressing. Actions like what Magneto's done from X-men #1 Vol.1 included using those very same tactics on fellow mutants who wanted peace and they won, they made sure there was no peace between mankind and mutant kind.

Dictatorships aren't good when humans do it, they're bad because they're dictatorships. You don't like what Xavier's selling you're only choices are to leave or do a coup d'é·tat.
    I'm sorry and I understand if this is bannable but I just got to say it.these are starting to feel like blame obama posts. Like anything humans in modern times do it's like but 500p years ago apocalypse did this or 20,000 years ago selene was all. Well in 2020 humans were and apoc wasn't and Trump was president and obama wasn't.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Mutants have been doing that since ancient times, Apocalypse and Selene come to mind. Neither were really that oppressed when they came into power they were the ones doing the oppressing. Actions like what Magneto's done from X-men #1 Vol.1 included using those very same tactics on fellow mutants who wanted peace and they won, they made sure there was no peace between mankind and mutant kind.

Dictatorships aren't good when humans do it, they're bad because they're dictatorships. You don't like what Xavier's selling you're only choices are to leave or do a coup d'é·tat.
    Point of Order, in actual fact dictatorships are not necessarily bad, some of the best and greatest rulers in history (including modern history) were dictators. Most historians will tell you that the "best" and most capable governments in history were run by enlightened despots or benevolent dictators. Every single Monarch or Emperor who has held power is a dictator. Most nations founders were dictators and in many countries (including the US) leaders assume near dictatorial powers during times of crisis.

In Ancient History you have Emperor Augustus and Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus of Rome, Ashoka the Great of the Mauryan Dynasty in India, and Cyrus II of Persia for a few examples.

moving forward there are a few notables who stand out including Louis XIV (the Sun King) of France, Elizabeth I of England ,Catherine the Great of Russia, Fredrick II of Prussia. ...

Getting a bit more modern you have Mustafa Kemal Atatürk of Turkey after the 1st World War, Tito of Yugoslavia, Paul Kagame who took charge in Rwanda in the mid 90's after the Rwandan genocide.

If you want to look just at the United States FDR and Abraham Lincoln are generally regarded as the two greatest presidents in American history (a point I agree with), however they were also arguably the most powerful and dictatorial. Lincoln directly ordered the arrest and detention of dissenters, the suspension of the right to writs of habeas corpus and significantly curtailed the freedom of the press. FDR remained in office for 4 terms, in 1937 he attempted to pack the Supreme Court, During WW2 he ordered the internment of Japanese Americans and he also significantly curtailed the freedom of the press. The both exercised "War Powers" to greatly expand the power of the executive branch at the expense of the other branches.

The problem with dictatorships is not how they exercise power its how do you remove a "bad" dictator from power.

Your argument falls apart because it is based upon a faulty premise (multiple faulty premises actually)
    You assume that the Xavier/Krakoa government is bad, why? Because it is a dictatorship. However, you haven't proven that Krakoan the government is a dictatorship, neither have you proven that dictatorships are bad. Both ends of your assumptions are faulty and incomplete.

Further, your assertion that this is a dictatorship is manifestly wrong. Krakoa is ruled by a council, how much power individual members have on the council has not been determined. If it has the power to check Xavier has not been proven or disproven. The fact is that there hasn't been an issue that we have been shown where he has been opposed by the council is not proof that they cannot or will not oppose them. That is yet another assumption without evidence. Lack of evidence is not evidence of lack, the fact that (only a few months in, a relatively short period of time) we haven't seen major pushback against Xavier does not mean that there won't be or can't be. The fact that Xavier has a great deal of influence over the rest of the council has 1) not been proven (we have no idea how much influence he has over almost half and 2) does not equal a dictatorship.
    Last edited by Kisinith; 08-06-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm sorry and I understand if this is bannable but I just got to say it.these are starting to feel like blame obama posts. Like anything humans in modern times do it's like but 500p years ago apocalypse did this or 20,000 years ago selene was all.
    Apocalypse and Selene didn't just do one horrible deed, which includes genocide so we have the proper context of their actions, they've done this for millennia. As in, just before joining Krakoa and Selene's trying to take over America right now in Captain America. Apocalypse influenced whole civilisations as various deities and was known to wipe out civilisations when he thought they were getting to prosperous and he gloated about this. Humans have done many horrible things in Marvel and the real world, and so have mutants. Lots of peoples lives wouldn't have been ruined if every mutant was good but they're not. These are the mutants the X-men were formed to fight. What characters do in the psst matter, especially when they don't change and many of the people in krakoa didn't change. Some have only recently shown improvement on Krakao, like Pyro, but he's got loads of blood on his hands and he's not exactly on a redemption tour.

Well in 2020 humans were and apoc wasn't and Trump was president and obama wasn't.
    Apocalypse tried to recreate an Age of Apocalypse status quo when he threatened the United nations in 2006, which included detonating a bomb to wipe out of the majority of the human race. And Selene's a serial killer like Sabretooth when she's not committing genocide to make herself a goddess.

Don't fall into the trap of humans = bad, mutants = good. No species or race is completely "good," they have bad apples in them and in the X-titles there bad apples range include genocidal monsters. Did you think Moira was evil when she was human just because she was human? That's where that thinking gets you in the real world. Obama did bad things and I say this as a Obama supporter, but this is apples to oranges comparing him to characters like Apocalypse. Apocalypse is a scope of evil we don't have on this Earth he's that bad, that's why I don't like his past and by that I also mean recent past, shouldn't be whitewashed simply because he was a mutant. Read "Fall of the Mutants" - he backed the Right, Cameron Hodge's anti-mutant hate group, and destroyed warren to make him Death. He's not a good guy.

So of course he'd be happy to exploit Krakoa for his own ends, the question is whether he's a big fish or a small fish in what's happened behind the scenes to get the X-men into becoming tyrants after his own heart.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 08-07-2020 at 03:03 AM.

Apocalypse and Selene didn't just do one horrible deed, which includes genocide so we have the proper context of their actions, they've done this for millennia. As in, just before joining Krakoa and Selene's trying to take over America right now in Captain America. Apocalypse influenced whole civilisations as various deities and was known to wipe out civilisations when he thought they were getting to prosperous and he gloated about this. Humans have done many horrible things in Marvel and the real world, and so have mutants. Lots of peoples lives wouldn't have been ruined if every mutant was good but they're not. These are the mutants the X-men were formed to fight. What characters do in the psst matter, especially when they don't change and many of the people in krakoa didn't change. Some have only recently shown improvement on Krakao, like Pyro, but he's got loads of blood on his hands and he's not exactly on a redemption tour.

Apocalypse tried to recreate an Age of Apocalypse status quo when he threatened the United nations in 2006, which included detonating a bomb to wipe out of the majority of the human race. And Selene's a serial killer like Sabretooth when she's not committing genocide to make herself a goddess.

Don't fall into the trap of humans = bad, mutants = good. No species or race is completely "good," they have bad apples in them and in the X-titles there bad apples range include genocidal monsters. Did you think Moira was evil when she was human just because she was human? That's where that thinking gets you in the real world. Obama did bad things and I say this as a Obama supporter, but this is apples to oranges comparing him to characters like Apocalypse. Apocalypse is a scope of evil we don't have on this Earth he's that bad, that's why I don't like his past and by that I also mean recent past, shouldn't be whitewashed simply because he was a mutant. Read "Fall of the Mutants" - he backed the Right, Cameron Hodge's anti-mutant hate group, and destroyed warren to make him Death. He's not a good guy.

So of course he'd be happy to exploit Krakoa for his own ends, the question is whether he's a big fish or a small fish in what's happened behind the scenes to get the X-men into becoming tyrants after his own heart.
    Mutants ARE human. They have tried to coexist with humans, humans decided mutants are not human so mutants created their own culture. It really is that simple. Everybody has bad apples and at the end of the day humans are still a birthing factory for mutants so all they are doing is killing their own children. It had always been us vs. them when it comes to humanity. It's it's not religion it's race if it's not race it's money if it's not money it's something else. Also I don't count cap as a take on selene and I don't even read cap. It's not an xbooks so it has no foot in the xworld unless it is addressed there. The fact of the matter is right now what is being presented in 2020 is mutants can not kill humans but in 2020 humans are still having a field day killing their mutant offspring. Pretty straightforward.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Mutants ARE human. They have tried to coexist with humans, humans decided mutants are not human so mutants created their own culture. It really is that simple. Everybody has bad apples and at the end of the day humans are still a birthing factory for mutants so all they are doing is killing their own children. It had always been us vs. them when it comes to humanity. It's it's not religion it's race if it's not race it's money if it's not money it's something else. Also I don't count cap as a take on selene and I don't even read cap. It's not an xbooks so it has no foot in the xworld unless it is addressed there. The fact of the matter is right now what is being presented in 2020 is mutants can not kill humans but in 2020 humans are still having a field day killing their mutant offspring. Pretty straightforward.
    Except in this conversation they're in two categories, and they continue to be shown in the light of mutants good humans bad. Apocalypse and Selene didn't coexist with humans, they dominated and committed genocide on them. If their involvement wasn't lost in the sands of time mutant kind would have had worse hill to climb for acceptance before Magneto went on his crusade. No, it's not that simple, mutant kind has never been "morally pure," they're like humans and Krakoa welcomes these mutants with open arms and makes them their face to the world in global summits. The X-line may have their own corner but they're in Marvel's universe and to Marvel Selene's in continuity. They're crossing over in an event about the Fantastic Four and Avengers right now. You don't have to read it, Marvel counts it as a canon. This completely ignored the context for Krakao as if they've been given a blank slate when that's not true. All their past actions are in continuity. Marvel got 2020 by living in the years that lead up to day, they didn't have a Crisis which put them in their own universe. It's why Emma didn't want Shaw in Krakao, she knew he was a snake who would put people in danger and now Kitty's dead. She knew this because past continuity tells her Shaw wasn't safe. Not all humans did that, though, those are the bad apples. And why do the bad apples only apply to humanity while Apocalypse gets a pass?

Except in this conversation they're in two categories, and they continue to be shown in the light of mutants good humans bad. Apocalypse and Selene didn't coexist with humans, they dominated and committed genocide on them. If their involvement wasn't lost in the sands of time mutant kind would have had worse hill to climb for acceptance before Magneto went on his crusade. No, it's not that simple, mutant kind has never been "morally pure," they're like humans and Krakoa welcomes these mutants with open arms and makes them their face to the world in global summits. The X-line may have their own corner but they're in Marvel's universe and to Marvel Selene's in continuity. They're crossing over in an event about the Fantastic Four and Avengers right now. You don't have to read it, Marvel counts it as a canon. This completely ignored the context for Krakao as if they've been given a blank slate when that's not true. All their past actions are in continuity. Marvel got 2020 by living in the years that lead up to day, they didn't have a Crisis which put them in their own universe. It's why Emma didn't want Shaw in Krakao, she knew he was a snake who would put people in danger and now Kitty's dead. She knew this because past continuity tells her Shaw wasn't safe. Not all humans did that, though, those are the bad apples. And why do the bad apples only apply to humanity while Apocalypse gets a pass?
    And scarlet witch depowered a million mutants and killed quite a bit who were using their power and she is still running around with the avengers who refused to turn her over so why should it be expected for the xmen to hand over any of their mutants who may have done bad in the past. or is an inherent excuse of "i was used, or i didn't know better an excuse." Should mutants want revenge for everything humans have done to them in the past? Should all humanity pay for a handful of humans killing an entire bus full of mutant children. You can't have it both ways and jump both sides of the saddle by saying all humans aren't bad but then keep pointing to what a handful of mutants did and keep going on and on and on and on about it. It comes off as inherently hypocritical in my opinion. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Unless humanity wants to hand over every human who has ever killed a mutant for judgement its a wash in my opinion. Justice is Justice. The human world welcomes their mutant killers with open arms just like the avengers welcomed scarlet witch. It's just how marvel rolls i guess.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Put simply...

Humanity?

Just made an attempt on Apocalypse's life.

Apocalypse?

Just let said attempt slide based on that he is going by Krakoan rules.

That is what is actually happening in the books, and what folks are basing this on.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And yet that is exactly what Destiny asked of her lover if they don't bring her back, and knowing Raven she will do it and succeed.
    She probably will do it. But whether she succeeds or not is yet to be decided, I think. (Personally, I don't think she will succeed...we'll see.)
    That said...if she does succeed
    I may not like it, if that's HiX-Man's direction but...if it's written as well as HoX/PoX was then I'm here for it with absolutely no complaints. (A splosh of sadness, a daub of disappointment but no vehemently noxious complaints.)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

And scarlet witch depowered a million mutants and killed quite a bit who were using their power and she is still running around with the avengers who refused to turn her over so why should it be expected for the xmen to hand over any of their mutants who may have done bad in the past. or is an inherent excuse of "i was used, or i didn't know better an excuse." Should mutants want revenge for everything humans have done to them in the past? Should all humanity pay for a handful of humans killing an entire bus full of mutant children. You can't have it both ways and jump both sides of the saddle by saying all humans aren't bad but then keep pointing to what a handful of mutants did and keep going on and on and on and on about it. It comes off as inherently hypocritical in my opinion. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Unless humanity wants to hand over every human who has ever killed a mutant for judgement its a wash in my opinion. Justice is Justice. The human world welcomes their mutant killers with open arms just like the avengers welcomed scarlet witch. It's just how marvel rolls i guess.
    Because it's the right thing to do? It's not like those mutants have only hurt humans they've hurt numerous other mutants, including the X-men. Scarlet Witch should get a trail she has tried to surrender to the X-men before but Magneto stopped her. Those mutants aren't facing justice in Krakao for their crimes against anyone, they're getting promoted. Nobody is suggesting all of humanity or mutant kind having to pay for the crimes of the few, that's a straw man. Which Apocalypse has literally tried to do in an example I bought up via global genocide, you think he was right to do that? Why wouldn't I be concern about the mutants who commit crimes haven't faced justice or truly repented? This is a double standard. Why are you ignoring the fact the mutants have hatred mutants and that they shouldn't get away with harming other life on Earth? There is hypocrisy here, but its not me engaging in it. Please stop making this black and white based on what species we're talking about, that's not realistic in our world or Marvel. This isn't "justice," its favouritism. Krakao doesn't even care about doing justice for is own kind.

Because it's the right thing to do? It's not like those mutants have only hurt humans they've hurt numerous other mutants, including the X-men. Scarlet Witch should get a trail she has tried to surrender to the X-men before but Magneto stopped her. Those mutants aren't facing justice in Krakao for their crimes against anyone, they're getting promoted. Nobody is suggesting all of humanity or mutant kind having to pay for the crimes of the few, that's a straw man. Which Apocalypse has literally tried to do in an example I bought up via global genocide, you think he was right to do that? Why wouldn't I be concern about the mutants who commit crimes haven't faced justice or truly repented? This is a double standard. Why are you ignoring the fact the mutants have hatred mutants and that they shouldn't get away with harming other life on Earth? There is hypocrisy here, but its not me engaging in it. Please stop making this black and white based on what species we're talking about, that's not realistic in our world or Marvel. This isn't "justice," its favouritism. Krakao doesn't even care about doing justice for is own kind.
    I actually conceded. If humans are willing to turn over every last human who has ever killed a mutant to stand trial for justice then and only then should mutants turn over mutants. That is more than fair and there are enough telepaths to know exactly which humans and how many did so.

Actually it's more than fair since mutants were granted amnesty for past crimes in mu canon, humans were not.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Point of Order, in actual fact dictatorships are not necessarily bad, some of the best and greatest rulers in history (including modern history) were dictators. Most historians will tell you that the "best" and most capable governments in history were run by enlightened despots or benevolent dictators. Every single Monarch or Emperor who has held power is a dictator. Most nations founders were dictators and in many countries (including the US) leaders assume near dictatorial powers during times of crisis.

In Ancient History you have Emperor Augustus and Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus of Rome, Ashoka the Great of the Mauryan Dynasty in India, and Cyrus II of Persia for a few examples.

moving forward there are a few notables who stand out including Louis XIV (the Sun King) of France, Elizabeth I of England ,Catherine the Great of Russia, Fredrick II of Prussia. ...

Getting a bit more modern you have Mustafa Kemal Atatürk of Turkey after the 1st World War, Tito of Yugoslavia, Paul Kagame who took charge in Rwanda in the mid 90's after the Rwandan genocide.

If you want to look just at the United States FDR and Abraham Lincoln are generally regarded as the two greatest presidents in American history (a point I agree with), however they were also arguably the most powerful and dictatorial. Lincoln directly ordered the arrest and detention of dissenters, the suspension of the right to writs of habeas corpus and significantly curtailed the freedom of the press. FDR remained in office for 4 terms, in 1937 he attempted to pack the Supreme Court, During WW2 he ordered the internment of Japanese Americans and he also significantly curtailed the freedom of the press. The both exercised "War Powers" to greatly expand the power of the executive branch at the expense of the other branches.

The problem with dictatorships is not how they exercise power its how do you remove a "bad" dictator from power.

Your argument falls apart because it is based upon a faulty premise (multiple faulty premises actually)
    You assume that the Xavier/Krakoa government is bad, why? Because it is a dictatorship. However, you haven't proven that Krakoan the government is a dictatorship, neither have you proven that dictatorships are bad. Both ends of your assumptions are faulty and incomplete.

Further, your assertion that this is a dictatorship is manifestly wrong. Krakoa is ruled by a council, how much power individual members have on the council has not been determined. If it has the power to check Xavier has not been proven or disproven. The fact is that there hasn't been an issue that we have been shown where he has been opposed by the council is not proof that they cannot or will not oppose them. That is yet another assumption without evidence. Lack of evidence is not evidence of lack, the fact that (only a few months in, a relatively short period of time) we haven't seen major pushback against Xavier does not mean that there won't be or can't be. The fact that Xavier has a great deal of influence over the rest of the council has 1) not been proven (we have no idea how much influence he has over almost half and 2) does not equal a dictatorship.

While I don't disagree on the entirety of your argument, I think dictatorship in a broad sense has been common through the ages but only if you mean 'despotic' rule.While despotic or autocratic rule has persisted through the ages.The word dictatorship is actually a narrow term and is not equivalent to despotism. Julius Caesar got the ball rolling with the term-dictator NOT because of how he ruled but because he usurped the republican multi leadership rule Rome had preceding him.Many of the ancient kings and European monarchs like Lois XIV and Peter the Great,Ivan the Terrible while harsh or absolute rulers were not dictators,they had bloodline right to lead and were never seen as dictators by their subjects; 'cruel king' sure but not a dictator in the way the term actually fits.A better fit for dictator would be Oliver Cromwell of England ,whose rule to make England a republic did not oulast his own life.Another is Robespierre and the Commune in France.I think dictatorship is more a post French Revolution or Cromwell usurpation (though Cromwell's didn't take root) phenomenon for sure, not monarchies that were never seen in dictatorial but providential or hereditary light.The real reason why initially revolutionary movements in Europe created dictatorships was precisely because they had to suppress those who stood by monarchism and saw revolutionaries as agents of chaos

So yes Krakoa while technically not despotic is not necessarily not dictatorial because while it has no absolute leader but a council .Communism was a dictatorship of a powerful minority or one could even say majority(the party on the face of it-the leadership was only encapsulated in 1 figurehead) The Communists usually did have party representative elections at countryside level ,but the powerful elite elected the real top leadership.Right now that is Krakoa, a handpicked leadership from the top not even elected or peer approved,so Krakoa in that regard has all the hallmarks of a dictatorship.Also Resurrection and identity of any single person on Krakoa is not down to Krakoans but the five,the council and Xavier who controls all the memories a mutant can claim as their own.Any dictatorship on earth would dream of the kind of control Krakoa has over its citizenry! It is plain to see Krakoa is not a dictatorship only in public pronouncement but everything else is definitely less democratic,if you get to the nitty-gritty
    Last edited by Rev9; 08-08-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Astonishing Member

I actually conceded. If humans are willing to turn over every last human who has ever killed a mutant to stand trial for justice then and only then should mutants turn over mutants. That is more than fair and there are enough telepaths to know exactly which humans and how many did so.
    What have you conceded? We're still on the humans = bad, mutants = good canard. Characters being judged on what species they belong to rather then their deeds. How is protecting characters like Apocalypse justice for mutant kind? He's hurt them just as much as he's harmed humanity and other species, like the Eternals.

Justice is more than having a telepath read thoughts, there needs to be a legal process and what Krakatoa has for a court system is barely a kangaroo court. There no lawyers, and no trial by peers. The telepaths don't care about anything, it's not like Xavier cared when Apocalypse abused Rogue and Magneto let Sabretooth loose but he's not the one who was put on trial and everyone knew what sabre tooth would do once he wasn't in restraints. Look at what Rogue and X-factor had to do to keep him contained when they had him on their teams. They don't care about human lives, they care about the appearance of caring about human lives.

Actually it's more than fair since mutants were granted amnesty for past crimes in mu canon, humans were not.
    There is no nation that speak for all of humanity like Krakoa. And this bypasses what crimes mutants, and Sinister, did to other mutants. Amnesty isn't justice in this context, it's an endorsement. Is genocide even illegal by Krakoa law? Currently they have two members of the Quiet Council who have done that on a large and small scale, and Shaw sold out humankind when he made Sentinels.

The line isn't about humans vs mutants, it's about good humans/mutants vs bad mutants/humans.

This is like a broken record.

Let's break it down for you.
    BAD MUTANTS = GOOD STORIES.

What have you conceded? We're still on the humans = bad, mutants = good canard. Characters being judged on what species they belong to rather then their deeds. How is protecting characters like Apocalypse justice for mutant kind? He's hurt them just as much as he's harmed humanity and other species, like the Eternals.

Justice is more than having a telepath read thoughts, there needs to be a legal process and what Krakatoa has for a court system is barely a kangaroo court. There no lawyers, and no trial by peers. The telepaths don't care about anything, it's not like Xavier cared when Apocalypse abused Rogue and Magneto let Sabretooth loose but he's not the one who was put on trial and everyone knew what sabre tooth would do once he wasn't in restraints. Look at what Rogue and X-factor had to do to keep him contained when they had him on their teams. They don't care about human lives, they care about the appearance of caring about human lives.

There is no nation that speak for all of humanity like Krakoa. And this bypasses what crimes mutants, and Sinister, did to other mutants. Amnesty isn't justice in this context, it's an endorsement. Is genocide even illegal by Krakoa law? Currently they have two members of the Quiet Council who have done that on a large and small scale, and Shaw sold out humankind when he made Sentinels.

The line isn't about humans vs mutants, it's about good humans/mutants vs bad mutants/humans.
    You my friend have just become the straw man with the straw argument. You are cherry picking what you want to read and somehow coming to the conclusion that everything comes down to human bad, mutant good so in that you are seeing things in black and white. You see human good, mutant bad and anything in opposition to that or fair trade of justice doesn't matter. You just want the mutants to pay for their crimes and humans to hopefully just get better with no consequence. It's cool, but this is obviously going nowhere. Either way in canon mutants have amnesty so Apoc has committed no crimes against humanity since, so, in the legal aspect of marvel u, he is a innocent man. Whether you like it or not is on you but it is what it is. Enjoy or don't. ^_^

but Mystique is definitely being tricked so at least you have that.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post

Correct. It's more like a cross between a one party state and a military Junta. As of right now there's no problems with that because there's no opposition to the government. What happens when opposition starts to coalesce is where it should get interesting. But also of interest (to me anyway) is just why there is no political opposition at all so far. There's not even any slight discontent.

This is what worries me. This is why I think there's got to be some element of control, mental or otherwise. Perhaps parts of the revived mutants' minds have been messed with, maybe there's something between Xavier, Cerebro, Krakoa etc which is exerting control, I don't know. But that's going to make the opposition more nasty when it comes.

There are just so many of them acting out of character that there has to be something going on, it's not natural to have so many people in a community and not have any opposition at all.

Again as you say, we don't know whether this government is good or bad, I suspect somewhere between.

Loved the points you made about dictatorship by the way. We're always forced to think democratically elected government good, dictatorship bad. Refreshing to see a different point of view so eloquently articulated.