Page 35 of 96 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Also, we not only got Harper Row (Blue Jay) but also a small cameo by Cisco Ramon (Vibe)!

I hope I didn't butcher that spelling.

But I wonder how they'll do Terra in this version. Classic Teen Titans where she's a complete psychopath? Go more for the animated series where she was basically brainwashed by Slade who preyed upon her insecurities? Or for a different angle?

Spectacular Member

Was anyone else thinking Harper Row was Terra because she has the exact same design as Terra from the movie just with a palette swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Bleh, Cyborg, Traitor Terra under Slade's thumb. We're a Starfire away from this becoming another NTT centered show. One of my favorite things about YJ was it was all these teen heroes/legacy characters/unsung characters who never got a chance due to NTT overshadowing everything.
    Well, it wouldn't really be a true showcase of the young generation of DC heroes if you didn't include the NTT heroes at some point.
    I just don't know how many more Judas Contract and "AM I A MAN OR MACHINE" Cyborg stories I can take, is all.
    At the very least this take is probably the most comic-accurate to New Teen Titans Cyborg we've gotten in a media adaption with his anger issues towards his dad and about his transformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Will terra ever not be the traitorous trick bitch
    and why does dick want her on the team send her home
    Would it really be Terra if she wasn't a traitor?
    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    They need to get more voice actors, all the black characters sound the same. It’s getting really distracting.
    At least now it's not just Khary Patyon voicing every black character, because Zeno Robinson voices some others too .
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Thanks for the quote and timeframe. Appreciate it.

Honestly, I get the feeling that was more true then than now, or even in Season 2. Among the original 6, Season 2, in practice, only really gave consistent focus on Dick, followed by Miss Martian and Superboy. Everyone else was more on the level of Red Arrow or Zatanna in Season 1, if that. In practice, this show is more ensemble/revolving lead than an unwavering 6-lead focus, because just focusing on the original Season 1 crew limits the telling of new stories with new characters in an every expanding world, which is why that isn't the case. It's why Brion and them are getting the focus they are; essentially, they are this Season's current leads right now.

Perhaps their words here have been what caused the misaimed fandom to develop, or at least perpetuate, and the closed-minded ness of these fans compared to the more open-mindedness of the Seasons' stories (with regards to the characters being used and in what proportions).
    I think it'd be more accurate to say that members of the OG team are more often the primary characters but that the spotlight does shine on certain other younger heroes in a particular season (like Blue Beetle in season 2 and the Outsiders this season).
    Quote Originally Posted by josai21 View Post
    The Doom Patrol Go! is fricking hilarious. With the Teen Titans Go voice actors
    Are we supposed to assume that was their actual voices in real life? Because the other version of Rita Farr was also voiced by Hynden Walch, ditto Scott Menville as the real Steve Dayton/Mento.

Because if so, Khary Payton and Tara Strong were kind of typecast but Scott Menville as The Chief? That's pretty out-of-the-box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I mean, I know Outsiders takes place years later but I hope it's the whole Parallax aging stuff because none of the other JL founders look this old. And I think Barry is even supposed to be a little older than Hal here. It just caught me off guard because he just randomly shows up at the end of the episode with the Father Box and suddenly looks decades older. Hopefully it's being done to pave the way for Kyle's introduction, who I'm still not sure why isn't a part of the show.
    And it's not even like you can use the excuse that Hal doesn't have any powers, since Batman, Black Canary, and Green Arrow don't really look like they've aged as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, it wouldn't really be a true showcase of the young generation of DC heroes if you didn't include the NTT heroes at some point.

At the very least this take is probably the most comic-accurate to New Teen Titans Cyborg we've gotten in a media adaption with his anger issues with his dad and about his transformation.

At least now it's not just Khary Patyon voicing every black character, because Zeno Robinson voices some others too .

I think it'd be more accurate to say that members of the OG team are more often the primary characters but that the spotlight does shine on certain other younger heroes in a particular season (like Blue Beetle in season 2 and the Outsiders this season).

Are we supposed to assume that was their actual voices in real life? Because the other version of Rita Farr was also voiced by Hynden Walch, ditto Scott Menville as the real Steve Dayton/Mento.

Because if so, Khary Payton and Tara Strong were kind of typecast but Scott Menville as The Chief? That's pretty out-of-the-box.

And it's not even like you can use the excuse that Hal doesn't have any powers, since Batman, Black Canary, and Green Arrow don't really look like they've aged as much.
    They only ones that look as old as Hal are the Terror Twins, which I I don't get why they look like that.

I thought these 4 were great. I like the angle they had with Cyborg but I wasn't in a rush to get to him. As a BB fan, I enjoyed his spotlight episode.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    They only ones that look as old as Hal are the Terror Twins, which I I don't get why they look like that.
    Maybe their powers are draining their life force.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought these 4 were great. I like the angle they had with Cyborg but I wasn't in a rush to get to him. As a BB fan, I enjoyed his spotlight episode.
    Reminds me; loved the banter between Connor and Icicle Jr. Fighting, and yet catching up almost like old friends. Loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    As a BB fan, I enjoyed his spotlight episode.
    I wasn't expecting them to incorporate his entire Doom Patrol history in a quirky Teen Titans Go! parody, complete with the same VA's, but in a lot of ways it was very fitting.

But Gar sure lucked out with Perdita. She's grown into a beautiful young woman since the last time we saw her and seems to really adore him. And she's a queen .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Reminds me; loved the banter between Connor and Icicle Jr. Fighting, and yet catching up almost like old friends. Loved it!
    Will Icicle Jr. ever find love? Tigress is a hero, and he doesn't seem to have much luck elsewhere....

On the Doom Patrol thing, I don't think that was supposed to be their real voices; it was a deliberate send-up of TTG up to and including the Chief sounding like TTG Robin, Robotman sounding like TTG Cyborg, Negative Woman sounding like TTG Raven, and Rita sounding like TTG Starfire.

And speaking of Starfire: given this season's focus on metahuman trafficking and the earlier incident of a White Martian being used as a pawn on New Genesis (showing that the traffickers aren't above using aliens as well as Earth-born metahumans), I won't be surprised if Starfire does end up making an appearance by the end of the season, as a Tamaranian slave being mind-controlled by the Light. Yes, that brings us a step closer to seeing the Titans in the Young Justice universe; and I'm OK with that.

Which brings me to Terra. Frankly, using her as a mole is completely predictable; which means that I'm hoping that they've got a surprise up their sleeves with her story.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    On the Doom Patrol thing, I don't think that was supposed to be their real voices; it was a deliberate send-up of TTG up to and including the Chief sounding like TTG Robin, Robotman sounding like TTG Cyborg, Negative Woman sounding like TTG Raven, and Rita sounding like TTG Starfire.
    I think Hynden Walch is at least the actual voice of Rita since she voiced the Hello Megan version and the "real" version she flashed into during Gar's dream sequence.

Although assuming Negative Woman was the actual version in the Doom Patrol Gar knew, was it Valentina Vostok or a gender-flipped Larry Trainor?
    Which brings me to Terra. Frankly, using her as a mole is completely predictable; which means that I'm hoping that they've got a surprise up their sleeves with her story.
    One thing that will separate this from all the other takes on Terra and Judas Contract is Brion being around.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    By practice, this show is more an ensemble show that showcases the upcoming generation of new heroes. It's where the crux of Season 1 laid, and also the same for Season 2 and now 3. It's basically one of the big themes/motifs of the series. With that in mind, it makes sense that the "leads" of the first Season wouldn't hold the same weight as those in subsequent Seasons compared to those introduced there. This is especially the case with new Seasons allowing for the organic presentation of new characters to develop and tell stories with.

It's not all about the Season 1 cast specifically, and never really was; rather, that's more a misaimed fandom presumption created from the Season 1 story's use of its characters. It led to the presumption that those characters were the main focus and "most important", with no exception. Later Seasons' stories should have shed light on that way of thinking not being true, but they haven't for some. If anything, these Season 1 characters getting such ample screentime way beyond their Season (and not equally, either) is more a determent to the new-comers and more contemporary characters of the story. Their stories cannot be told, consistently or period, because time is being allocated to the some of the original cast who never left the spotlight (the fact that two-thirds of the original six are on or closely affiliated with the "Outsiders" budding team is very noticeable).

On your other mention, I don't recall such a statement specifically being said. Do you remember where/when it was?

Again, do you recall when/where that was said? As in, how recent was this mentioned? Not familiar with whatever this "DCU behind the scenes show" is or was, so more clarification would be appreciated.

I get the feeling that whatever that statement was, it was taken too literally or something. It also doesn't really add up to how the show is actually presented and how it has been.

Thanks for the quote and timeframe. Appreciate it.

Honestly, I get the feeling that was more true then than now, or even in Season 2. Among the original 6, Season 2, in practice, only really gave consistent focus on Dick, followed by Miss Martian and Superboy. Everyone else was more on the level of Red Arrow or Zatanna in Season 1, if that. In practice, this show is more ensemble/revolving lead than an unwavering 6-lead focus, because just focusing on the original Season 1 crew limits the telling of new stories with new characters in an every expanding world, which is why that isn't the case. It's why Brion and them are getting the focus they are; essentially, they are this Season's current leads right now.

Perhaps their words here have been what caused the misaimed fandom to develop, or at least perpetuate, and the closed-minded ness of these fans compared to the more open-mindedness of the Seasons' stories (with regards to the characters being used and in what proportions).
    I'd just like to add to that quote an article that came out this week.
    https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dcs-yo...ry-good-reason

"But that's never been the story Vietti and Weisman were trying to tell. The pair always intended Young Justice to be a kind of coming-of-age story, one that develops and grows along with its characters. To show any significant growth, for the characters to learn from their mistakes and move forward, you need to stretch the narrative over an amount of time a perfectly linear show just can't hack."

"We couldn't have shown this tremendous growth otherwise," Weisman said. "So it was kind of inherent in the idea of the show to show all these characters age up and have all these new characters come in and become their proteges. That's part and parcel of what we were trying to do in the first place."
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Although assuming Negative Woman was the actual version in the Doom Patrol Gar knew, was it Valentina Vostok or a gender-flipped Larry Trainor?
    Maybe it's the combine form that was Rebis in the comics. Larry Trainor and Dr. Eleanor Poole.

The Son of Suns Clairaudient Freedom Soldier's Avatar

The Young Justice series is the best version of the DCU and should become the prime reality of the comics too. Give Weisman et al. the keys to the DCU!
    Take a couple of minutes and check out this new comic book, friends: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...no-more-crises

Astonishing Member

At the very least this take is probably the most comic-accurate to New Teen Titans Cyborg we've gotten in a media adaption with his anger issues towards his dad and about his transformation.

Did you not think it was a great showcase before these four episodes? I did. I've always contended that DC's biggest failure with the Titans/Teen Titans franchise is chasing the NTT dragon so hard for years and YJ's unabashed screwery with the lineups to prevent that was one of its strong points.

I just don't get why we have four episodes of focus on Cyborg when Static Shock is in this show. Cyborg overly prominent in everything else DC does and this is the one time we had a shot at more Static.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-25-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Did you not think it was a great showcase before these four episodes? I did. I've always contended that DC's biggest failure with the Titans/Teen Titans franchise is chasing the NTT dragon so hard for years and YJ's unabashed screwery with the lineups to prevent that was one of its strong points.

I just don't get why we have four episodes of focus on Cyborg when Static Shock is in this show. Cyborg overly prominent in everything else DC does and this is the one time we had a shot at more Static.
    Is Cyborg really that prominent? D.C. has done barely anything with him since they promoted him to the JL.