Page 145 of 5011 FirstFirst ... 45951351411421431441451461471481491551952456451145 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 75153

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just because some may feel all black activism is wrong doesn't magically make all black activism right. That's the glaring hole in your logic. Even a broken clock can be right twice a day.

If you're buring down some innocent persons store during a pandemic, you're in the wrong. And it's wrong completely indepenent of anyone's skin color of what Kaepernick did.
    Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Black Americans are always in the wrong. That’s my point.
    The person who replied laid out a pretty specific instance in blue. The idea that they are talking about "Always..." is incredibly unlikely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    You keep attacking other people. What are you doing to make a change? What are you doing to change the narrative of police racism? Other then attacking people on message boards?
    Trying to point out that no matter what form a protest against police brutality and racism takes, even peaceful and respectful ones, in a country that says liberty and freedom of speech are its most fundamental values, that black Americans will never be supported.

Trying to point out that no matter what form a protest against police brutality and racism takes, even peaceful and respectful ones, in a country that says liberty and freedom of speech are its most fundamental values, that black Americans will never be supported.
    Are you doing this other then on message broads? Are you part of sical groups working for change? As I said I am actively working for change with the groups I work with. I dont just bitch and call people racist for not supporting burning and looting on the internet.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Intermediary

Ali Velshi and his camera crew were fired on with tear gas and rubber projectiles, unprovoked, and no verbal warning notification given, walking with a peaceful protest

burn the whole fng city to the ground, police precints and all

Incredible Member

https://www.courthousenews.com/minne...emacist-groups
    What a surprise! Arrested looters coming from white supremacist groups? Is anyone surprised?

White people need to learn that actions have consequences.
    Some of the owners of these businesses are people of color. The looters aren't checking ahead of time what color the owners are.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

So unless every white person im America comes out to a protest they are to blame for police racism? Pretty sure not every black person in America is at the protests. What about Asian and Latino Americans? If all of them are not out there are they responsible for police racism? Or is it just white people who are the scum of the Earth?

I volunteer with two social justice groups on prison and criminal justice reform. Part of this is dealing with racism. I have said this in other posts. What social justice groups are you are part of? Other then blaming other people what are you doing to change things?
    Yep, and just because Black Lives Matter is being said again and again doesn’t mean that non-black Jewish people, Mexican people, white people, Japanese people, etc. can’t concern themselves either. Also, there are those staying at home, not necessarily because they’re afraid to be an activist, but are fine in being a bystander from home, and I’m sure there are quite a number of black people being bystanders in their homes, but are still staying informed such as by watching the news from home too.

BANNED

Are you doing this other then on message broads? Are you part of sical groups working for change? As I said I am actively working for change with the groups I work with. I dont just bitch and call people racist for not supporting burning and looting on the internet.
    I seriously doubt there’s anything I could say that would mollify you. I tell you what though, for starters, I support Colin Kaepernick’s protest, his right to protest and and his method of protest.

I seriously doubt there’s anything I could say that would mollify you. I tell you what though, for starters, I support Colin Kaepernick’s protest, his right to protest and and his method of protest.
    So basically just bitching on the internet then.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

BANNED

Do people honestly believe that if the “Founding Fathers” had stood outside a British army barracks chanting “Colonist Lives Matter” that things would have improved for them?

Or is their violence justified because they were white?

BANNED

So basically just bitching on the internet then.
    Funny how you hold me to a higher standard than everyone else here just because I disagree with you.

Bye.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    https://www.courthousenews.com/minne...emacist-groups
    What a surprise! Arrested looters coming from white supremacist groups? Is anyone surprised?
    Not in the slightest. And I seriously doubt that was one time thing. At the risk of sounding like a tinfoil hat conspiracy nut, I wouldn’t be shocked if there’s a plan for white supremacists to infiltrate peaceful protests from coast to coast for the singular purpose to raise hell and leave blacks stuck with the blame for the chaos that follows.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Do people honestly believe that if the “Founding Fathers” had stood outside a British army barracks chanting “Colonist Lives Matter” that things would have improved for them?

Or is their violence justified because they were white?
    I dont agree with many things the founding fathers did. I dont agree with the Boston Tea party. The American Revolution was started by rich land owners who were upset with other rich land owners over taxes.

You keep using things that happened in the past to try and defend the fact that you are mad at people for not being okay with burning and looting.

Funny how you hold me to a higher standard than everyone else here just because I disagree with you.

Bye.
    I hold you to a higher standard because you are bitching about people being bystanders when you are not doing anything yourself. Other people arnt really attacking others like you are.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I dont agree with many things the founding fathers did. I dont agree with the Boston Tea party. The American Revolution was started by rich land owners who were upset with other rich land owners over taxes.

You keep using things that happened in the past to try and defend the fact that you are mad at people for not being okay with burning and looting.
    With exceptions such as Benjamin Franklin releasing his slaves and becoming the president of a slavery abolition society, the founding fathers, at least from what I’ve found out, were generally good intentioned in doing the best for the newly founded United States, they were also products of their time, or were too cowardly in going through important acts such as Thomas Jefferson not abolishing slavery when he was president in the early 1800s. He apparently wanted to include criticism of slavery in the Declaration, but ultimately wasn’t included after basically chickening out of fear that bloody wars would be stirred up in attempting to eliminate the economically profitable slavery from American society, and the slavery revolt in the Haitian Revolution started in 1791 apparently scared him further. Jefferson seemed like someone who wrestled with his conflicting emotions and lost, only leaving the hope that someone years later would help eliminate slavery.