Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Maraurders #26 Review/Spoiler Thread - "Oh Hell No...Abandon Ship"

Emma, Shaw and Harry are at the HFC as they update Harry about the world since his death. They conflict on whether to tell im the whole truth but Emma thinks its time. She reveals that they are on Krakoa and implanted memories of his favorite memories bc he had a panic attack when he was brought back. She shows him everything and he is overjoyed by what Krakoa represents

On the ship, the crew is heading to Madripoor and are approached by Fin Fang Foom whom steals their liquor. Bobby grows into an ice giant and slams FFF who is shocked to see this display of power and leaves. Bobby is feeling himself and doesnt want to scale down just yet so he tells the crew that he'll see them back on Krakoa

Harry is accusing Shaw of keeping him back in the resurrection queue as they fight and end up laughing. There's a data page from Emma to Harry congratulating him on is UN seat but she warns him of Ben Ulrich investigating his death

Shinobi confronts Shaw and Harry when they return. Shaw admits that his mother hooked up with both of them but that Harry is his father. Harry is later seen at the UN accepting his new position

Chantel is near a Krakoa Gate and is being harassed by some humans. She kicks one of them and issues a warning

Last edited by Havok83; 12-01-2021 at 09:33 AM.

The Krakoan at the end reads "Bon Voyage." Honestly, the Iceman stuff, while cool, reads like filler. Like Duggan wanted Iceman to have something out of this book after being neglected for 20+ issues, so he threw this in to pad out the book for the story he actually wanted to tell, about the Hellfire Club.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Mighty Member

Did I read correctly? Is Harry the father of Shinobi and not Shaw?

Is this another retcon?

Astonishing Member

So i was twice wrong on who could be the representative.

I really enjoyed this issue. It was great for Leland's character development and it was sweet how emotional he got when learning the truth. Finding out Shinobi is his son was quite the twist! And I'm happy for him being the ambassador to the U.N.

Bobby's flex against FFF was awesome and I like that he's thinking about what else he may be capable of.

Seeing Lourdes at the end was a treat and with Leland back, am I the only one starting to think we're getting a Hellfire book and that's where Emma will end up?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

Is this another retcon?
    not so much a retcon as addressing a danging plot thread. Harry has been hinted at as being his father for decades

Is this another retcon?
    It was hinted at 30 years ago in a backup story in an issue of X-Factor.

Edit: It was in X-Factor 67 and it was apparently his first appearance.
    Last edited by autbey; 12-01-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    It was hinted at 30 years ago in a backup story in an issue of X-Factor.
    30 years ago? I think new readers will be lost by that revelation.

All the wikipedia pages must be changed to Shinobi Leland now instead of Shinobi Shaw.
    Last edited by ericng; 12-01-2021 at 10:07 AM.

All the wikipedia pages must be changed to Shinobi Leland now instead of Shinobi Shaw.
    They shouldn’t be. Duggan’s sprinkled the theory surrounding Shinobi’s parentage and possible connection to Leland throughout Marauders.

Forgive me, since I'm an ultra-casual when it comes to that era of X-Men. But what makes Leland a good representative?
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue. It was great for Leland's character development and it was sweet how emotional he got when learning the truth. Finding out Shinobi is his son was quite the twist! And I'm happy for him being the ambassador to the U.N.

Bobby's flex against FFF was awesome and I like that he's thinking about what else he may be capable of.

Seeing Lourdes at the end was a treat and with Leland back, am I the only one starting to think we're getting a Hellfire book and that's where Emma will end up?
    I really enjoyed this issue as well...though the FFF scenes were secondary to the Leland plot, Bobby flexed (For two issues in a row, scant pickings, but I'm taking it.)

Nope. You're not...and Goddess I hope so. That would be awesome.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

I' actually so sick of Bobby just getting power spots in 20 issues he hasn't had any character development or a storyline like he just shows up does fancy ice tricks everyone awes, he contemplates his potential & then we move on he's been doing that for decades now I'm over it honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I' actually so sick of Bobby just getting power spots in 2o issues he hasn't had any character development or a storyline like he just shows up does fancy ice tricks everyone awes & then we move on he's been doing that for decades now I'm over it honestly.
    he once had a coming out story. what else is there to tell? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    he once had a coming out story. what else is there to tell? :-/
    Being gay isn't a storyline it's just who he is, time to move on from that, as for what's to tell IDK I'm not a writer that's not my job. But if this man can find an excuse to shove Kate & Emma down our throats at every possible turn he can find something for the cast to do.

F new readers. X-men has been around for over 60 years. New readers arent expected to know everything. Heck most of us longtime readers never knew Lourdes existed yet she's a current subplot in this book. It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Being gay isn't a storyline it's just who he is, time to move on from that, as for what's to tell IDK I'm not a writer that's not my job. But if this man can find an excuse to shove Kate & Emma down our throats at every possible turn he can find something for the cast to do.
    Being gay isnt a storyline but him coming out was