Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He’s Superman, he’s as ingrained in pop culture as any character alive. There’s isn’t a person in the world that doesn’t know what that S symbol means. It’s the big advantage to owning a character like Superman..... you can always go to that well. Superman has appeared in 2 films since his solo, is in a live action Supergirl show, not getting solos doesn’t mean he’s being forgotten. Batman hasn’t had a solo since 2012 which is longer than Supes and that won’t change until The Batman
    Batman is the main character in B vs S, and he got more positive reception than Superman did from people who didn't like how he was a killer. Everyone loved Affleck's performance. Before that Nolan gave him a huge boost with the Dark Knight trilogy so he could take time off and not miss a beat, that's something Superman hasn't got.

Its not about him not being an icon, its him having less attention than Batman and if that goes on for too long others will over take him. He was able to get away with that for a long time since only Batman and maybe Spider-man were moving in on his territory - now Iron man and Captain America are smelling blood in the water. He only keeps being relevant by constant relevant boosts, instead DC/WB's been doing weak attempts and relying on inertia. That's not going last forever. He's not in danger of being forgotten, he's in danger of being surpassed. Especially on the movie side. You know why people think Superman's a boring boy scout? Because Superman in the movies never left Reeves' shadow. Gal Gadot was able to do that with Wonder Woman, despite having a few appearances against Linda Carter, Cavill didn't do this when he was supposed to.

Not really sold. I didn't bother with the first Suicide Squad movie and I'm not really a James Gunn fan either. Poka-Dot-Man? Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The lower tear characters increases the suspense for the movie. It's "The Suicide Squad." They could ALL die. Well, maybe not Harley, but even her I'm not sure about. That means you won't be able to predict from scene to scene who is going to live and who is going to die (unless it's been leaked before the movie comes out). Bloodsport has a lot of potential as a character--and he was an African-American in the comics--if it was Deadshot, that's a character they are less likely to kill off. It gives them a lot more freedom to create a character for Idris Elba that's distinct.
    Yeah I'm honestly not even assured on Harley's safety. If Birds of Prey had been a hit then she'd definitely survive, but it wasn't and Robbie recently signed up for the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise with Disney. There'd be no greater way to establish stakes then to kill off Harley.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Batman is the main character in B vs S, and he got more positive reception than Superman did from people who didn't like how he was a killer. Everyone loved Affleck's performance. Before that Nolan gave him a huge boost with the Dark Knight trilogy so he could take time off and not miss a beat, that's something Superman hasn't got.

Its not about him not being an icon, its him having less attention than Batman and if that goes on for too long others will over take him. He was able to get away with that for a long time since only Batman and maybe Spider-man were moving in on his territory - now Iron man and Captain America are smelling blood in the water. He only keeps being relevant by constant relevant boosts, instead DC/WB's been doing weak attempts and relying on inertia. That's not going last forever. He's not in danger of being forgotten, he's in danger of being surpassed. Especially on the movie side. You know why people think Superman's a boring boy scout? Because Superman in the movies never left Reeves' shadow. Gal Gadot was able to do that with Wonder Woman, despite having a few appearances against Linda Carter, Cavill didn't do this when he was supposed to.
    Batman was an antagonist in the film.

I don't like DC recent movies (since the 2000's), I don't like the Reeve Batman trailer, I have a little interest for WW84 but not much (I don't like the first movie); for Gunn, I find his two GotG movies mediocres (I hate the 70's music choices) imo the worst mcu with BP, but despite that I really like his other movies and this making of remind me of Super !!!! and that a really good thing for me, the Suicide Squad sound crazy, I like how Gunn repeat that his biggest project, imho that a reference to his gotg movies and probably the lack of freedom he have in the MCU, because that exactly what GotG should have been, apparently this movie will be rated R.

Also, Weasel is absolutely fantastic...Rocket Raccoon who ?
    Last edited by Bolo; 08-23-2020 at 09:44 AM.

For the record I like Suicide Squad a lot and this movie looks ambitious and Harley looks great best look she's had so far in the DCEU

Now having said that just because you include a lot of E and F list characters and have them get slaughtered does not make this like the suicide squad. Its more black humor instead of political intrigue and darkness

I don't want to laugh when these characters get killed which is kinda seeming like the tone Gunn is going for but of course this isn't even a trailer
    I do like the Jungle setting
    Hopefully nobody I really like gets killed off

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wally West View Post
    I'm excited but they couldn't have gone with a better lineup?

Why waste Idris Elba on an obscure character that is being turned into a total ripoff of Deadshot....why not have him play Bronze Tiger or just recast him AS deadshot?
    Polka dot man, weasel, mongal, javelin, King shark and lock up over Punch & Jewlee, Nightshade, Count Vertigo, Dr.Light, or even a DC hero? Why can't they just do a faithful Ostrander adaption for once instead of just lip service
    and making up characters instead of using people from the DC stable? cmon
    Because of the potentially disposable nature/short term work of the Suicide Squad, they can probably get some higher tier actors they wouldn't normally be able to get. Who wouldn't want to play a crazy character, go out in a blaze of glory in a cool death scene and then not be committed for 527 films?

I would like to see more "heroic" characters in the SS other than Flagg. No Katana, Bronze Tiger, Nightshade, etc. How are they going to keep all of these crazy people in check?

I don't know, i'm really not a big fan of the second GotG movie but well, odds are it most likely going to be a better movie than the first one.

I mean, i actually don't hate the first Suicide Squad movie but it must not be that hard to do a better job lol.

Isn't that nice lads? We can only go up.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I would like to see more "heroic" characters in the SS other than Flagg. No Katana, Bronze Tiger, Nightshade, etc. How are they going to keep all of these crazy people in check?
    Flagg is the most boring character of all and he ties the movie to a not so good predecessor. Every other "heroic character" would be more interesting. I like Viola Davis. Its ok for her to stay around. Harley is begrudgingly accepted. There's just no reason for Flagg. Shark Guy should eat him.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I mean, i actually don't hate the first Suicide Squad movie but it must not be that hard to do a better job lol.

Isn't that nice lads? We can only go up.
    Its WB. They'll probably try and find a way to ruin the movie
    Last edited by batnbreakfast; 08-23-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I'm honestly not even assured on Harley's safety. If Birds of Prey had been a hit then she'd definitely survive, but it wasn't and Robbie recently signed up for the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise with Disney. There'd be no greater way to establish stakes then to kill off Harley.
    Birds of Prey did pretty well despite being rated R and not having much star power besides Robbie. Even then isn’t Gotham sirens still a thing?

I just can’t see characters like Polka dot man, TDK, Weasel or Rat Catcher 2 making it very far. They’re not played by very well known actors and are just kind of stupid. I still doubt Gunn really gets Ostrander’s Suicide Sqaud. Like despite being C Listers the team still made logical sense. Why the **** would Waller use TDK or Polka dot man?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    I don't like DC recent movies (since the 2000's), I don't like the Reeve Batman trailer, I have a little interest for WW84 but not much (I don't like the first movie); for Gunn, I find his two GotG movies mediocres (I hate the 70's music choices) imo the worst mcu with BP, but despite that I really like his other movies and this making of remind me of Super !!!! and that a really good thing for me, the Suicide Squad sound crazy, I like how Gunn repeat that his biggest project, imho that a reference to his gotg movies and probably the lack of freedom he have in the MCU, because that exactly what GotG should have been, apparently this movie will be rated R.

Also, Weasel is absolutely fantastic...Rocket Raccoon who ?
    No GotG should’ve been a fun Star Wars esque space adventure. Gunn is still on board for Guardians 3.

I'm not overly familiar with Polka-Dot Man, but his powers seem fairly useful.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Because of the potentially disposable nature/short term work of the Suicide Squad, they can probably get some higher tier actors they wouldn't normally be able to get. Who wouldn't want to play a crazy character, go out in a blaze of glory in a cool death scene and then not be committed for 527 films?

I think getting higher tier actors for a shorter time was definitely a huge factor. The DCEU has struggled with getting high level on screen talent (probably because of its questionable track record).

I'm just trying to figure out why in two team rosters, Vixen and Bronze Tiger continue to be ignored.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi2001 View Post
    Birds of Prey did pretty well despite being rated R and not having much star power besides Robbie. Even then isn’t Gotham sirens still a thing?

I just can’t see characters like Polka dot man, TDK, Weasel or Rat Catcher 2 making it very far. They’re not played by very well known actors and are just kind of stupid. I still doubt Gunn really gets Ostrander’s Suicide Sqaud. Like despite being C Listers the team still made logical sense. Why the **** would Waller use TDK or Polka dot man?
    By the look of the behind the scenes stuff polka Dot Man at least makes it to the big beach battle. The whole point of the Squad is they are expendable that is why Waller uses them.