Page 47 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Suelleta is really starting to annoy me. Can anyone really be that naive and blind to things. I am starting to wonder if the whole thing is an act. Not a bad episode but I feel they need to break out of the duel of the week rut the show has got into. Poor Elan but you could kind of see where that was going from the start.
    Think the main theory is that Suletta herself might be a clone (or cosmetically altered like Elan might've been) of Eri, instead of Eri being her younger self; for example there's mention of an incident 21 years ago-which might be the one in the prologue. So Suletta is either lying about her age, it's a different incident, or it's possible Suletta is not Eri.

Also the Gundam Aerial includes "Eri" in it. Rearranged that you also get Rei, if they're homaging anime's other famous replaceable clone pilot. Also Elan seems to see a vision of Eri when Aerial does that field thing, and it's implied the Gundam has some sort of consciousness. Basically a bit like the Evangelions possessing the souls of Shinji and (half of) Asuka's mothers.

Aerial is also referred to as "Big sister" I think in one thing. Since Eri would be 25 by now it also fits the theory.

Although cloning and genetic engineering have long been part of both Gundam and their alternate universes, the whole soul-bonding I think is a bit connected to (apart from the Newtype 'ghosts'). The manga/video game Blue Destiny and Unicorn's movie sequel Gundam Narrative both feature Newtypes who are 'absorbed' into their Gundams.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-07-2022 at 02:53 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

I couldn't ever fully get into One Piece, but as far as I got and after loving the anime singer Belle movie, I'm happy to say the One Piece Red movie wowed me.

Lucasfilm is working with Ghibli on something. Could be Star Wars I guess, but there are probably a few other possibilities. Kind of wondering about Disney's role in that, given that their partnership with Ghibli has been over for a decade more or less.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Lucasfilm is working with Ghibli on something. Could be Star Wars I guess, but there are probably a few other possibilities. Kind of wondering about Disney's role in that, given that their partnership with Ghibli has been over for a decade more or less.
    Maybe they're doing another run of Star Wars Visions and Ghibli is one of the studios involved.

Turns out it was a very short but kind of charming thing with Grogu and those Spirited Away dust things. Nothing major.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Found this on Facebook. Gotta admit Zemo has a point:

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Found this on Facebook. Gotta admit Zemo has a point:

Examples of being Spirited Away, for sure. But most Isekai involve some means (usually reincarnation) to make the trip one way. Narnia, Oz, Alice etc. Have people return from the other world.

No WITCH FROM MERCURY this week, although they've released some designs from the next episode, "Shall we Gundam" including the characters in dresses.

Although the term originates in The King and I, "Shall We Dance" was also the name of a hit Japanese movie in 1996, which later got remade into a Richard Gere/Susan Sarandon/J.Lo movie.

Fancy ballroom episodes seem to be sort of a tradition in Gundam, in part sometimes to show the 'eliteness' of some people on the Earth.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

No WITCH FROM MERCURY this week, although they've released some designs from the next episode, "Shall we Gundam" including the characters in dresses.

Although the term originates in The King and I, "Shall We Dance" was also the name of a hit Japanese movie in 1996, which later got remade into a Richard Gere/Susan Sarandon/J.Lo movie.

Fancy ballroom episodes seem to be sort of a tradition in Gundam, in part sometimes to show the 'eliteness' of some people on the Earth.
    One of the early episodes of Gundam Wing was set in the elite boarding school Relena attended and that Heero infiltrated. If memory serves (dicey at my advanced age), it was during a break at a fancy dress ball that he made his famously empty vow to kill her. Of course, bad guys show, trash the palace, forcing Heero to use Wing Zero to save his intended target.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    One of the early episodes of Gundam Wing was set in the elite boarding school Relena attended and that Heero infiltrated. If memory serves (dicey at my advanced age), it was during a break at a fancy dress ball that he made his famously empty vow to kill her. Of course, bad guys show, trash the palace, forcing Heero to use Wing Zero to save his intended target.
    For those interested, here's the scene in question...

The dancing scene actually is a few episodes later (Episode 6, "Party Night"). The two dance and Heero pretty much states that he still intends to kill her because of what she knows. However OZ (Which also is out for Relena) shows up, but Heero saves Relena instead, and wonders why he didn't...

There's also some ballroom stuff frequently going on with Trieze and the Romefellers in the series as well. The whole series, to a degree, kind of has a very Central European look to it at times when set on Earth, and I think it's canon that a lot of it is set in Switzerland and Germany. Sanc Kingdom I think is supposed to be Mecklenburg, Germany.

Spy X family is another kind of filler one but with some funny stuff as we meet a new character who makes an overly dramatic departure from the school...sort of (Turns out he also hired "Daybreak" last episode).

Second part is a funny bit with Yor basically using Spider-Manesque acrobatics to get Anya her gym clothes.

The dancing scene actually is a few episodes later (Episode 6, "Party Night"). The two dance and Heero pretty much states that he still intends to kill her because of what she knows. However OZ (Which also is out for Relena) shows up, but Heero saves Relena instead, and wonders why he didn't...

There's also some ballroom stuff frequently going on with Trieze and the Romefellers in the series as well. The whole series, to a degree, kind of has a very Central European look to it at times when set on Earth, and I think it's canon that a lot of it is set in Switzerland and Germany. Sanc Kingdom I think is supposed to be Mecklenburg, Germany.
    Indeed. Here's the two dancing...

Funny thing about that scene, Relena's blue dress is an imaginary one from her friends (In reality she has her regular school uniform for some reason)

Funny thing about that scene, Relena's blue dress is an imaginary one from her friends (In reality she has her regular school uniform for some reason)
    LOL! Good catch...