Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'm really saddened by how bad this issue was. I've been championing the book for a while, issue 1 was great.

I dismissed the X-23 fans complaints about how shes been handled so far but this issue was an eye opener. This character has had more than 75 solo issues, the Psylocke tutorial scenes were so patronising.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    fair. I’d say she seems more like a rookie in this situation because she’s just discovering that there’s place for her violence and anger alongside her “normal” façade, but I haven’t really followed the character and don’t know what kind of growth she’s had so that could be why I don’t necessarily have a problem with her actions here
    That kind of why so many people are mad at this series. She had a excellent solo series that ended earlier this year where, to put it bluntly, she had her **** together. She was calm, stoic but not heartless, and had her emotions under control. She had also more or less adopted Gabby, and was acting as a big sister/surrogate mother to her. If anything, this situation could have worked with Laura as the mentor and Gabby making these kind of mistakes.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

-There’s a fight sequence, Cable gets yeeted, Psylocke tells Laura to let loose and she does
    What is a yeet, or what is to yeet? I am very confused...

fair. I’d say she seems more like a rookie in this situation because she’s just discovering that there’s place for her violence and anger alongside her “normal” façade, but I haven’t really followed the character and don’t know what kind of growth she’s had so that could be why I don’t necessarily have a problem with her actions here
    She discovered in on her solo issues and team books.

Astonishing Member

oops my bad there. couldn’t tell if it was the robot’s internal monologue or omniscient voiceover lol. If Apoth isn’t one of those two I’ll be genuinely shocked
    To be fair apoth dose appear as the cloaked figure that x Twitter pointed out looks like a vagina..... so there and now you're never miss it
    Also is there a dead kid quota in this seris ?
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 12-11-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    BF4335B4-9899-4364-B0FF-0D3B5050E175.jpg

apologies for the gen z-ism

BANNED

The problem is that it's been ground that's been covered REPEATEDLY over the last 15 years, and has been resolved already.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 12-11-2019 at 01:20 PM.

I really want to like this book, I really do. But the bad is starting to outweigh the good. If this ends at #5, so be it, I’ll follow Kwannon new adventures in Hellions.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Astonishing Member

Hate to pile on but as stated mutiple time, she's not a rookie, she had great solos the helped her handle and heal from her traumas, and had long masters her rage. This is a writer who either ignoring every story involving her since NYX, or just dosent care and want to have kiwanna have to literally be god among everyone. If you have to have literally everyone else be subpar to her in every way, that's probably a sign kiwi shouldn't be leading a comic yet. Yes she needs development but theirs a way to do it without burning down everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    BF4335B4-9899-4364-B0FF-0D3B5050E175.jpg

apologies for the gen z-ism
    this is the cutest, most wholesome interaction
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Hate to pile on but as stated mutiple time, she's not a rookie, she had great solos the helped her handle and heal from her traumas, and had long masters her rage. This is a writer who either ignoring every story involving her since NYX, or just dosent care and want to have kiwanna have to literally be god among everyone. If you have to have literally everyone else be subpar to her in every way, that's probably a sign kiwi shouldn't be leading a comic yet. Yes she needs development but theirs a way to do it without burning down everything else.
    Well I enjoyed All New Wolverine but honestly her “grow” in the book was ****, from hyper traumatized made to kill children to stable resolved adult in what in Marvel time was probably 3 months, please. The idea that she just created a facade because she understood it’s a better way interact with other human beings, and especially her younger clone, than constantly brooding about her rage and killer instinct is a lot more realistic and acceptable, the idea that someone can heal from that sort of trauma at the speed of the light is dumb, offensive and diminishing of the tribulations of traumatized persons.

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post
    I really want to like this book, I really do. But the bad is starting to outweigh the good. If this ends at #5, so be it, I’ll follow Kwannon new adventures in Hellions.
    aw man is there already talk of this getting axed? I wasn’t expecting it to run super long but I figured we’d get more than 5 issues lol .. kinda interested in where it’s going

aw man is there already talk of this getting axed? I wasn’t expecting it to run super long but I figured we’d get more than 5 issues lol .. kinda interested in where it’s going
    The author said it was going on 'hiatus', but given that Kwannon is moving on to Hellions and the breakneck pacing of DoX, that's pretty much just code for 'cancelled'

Astonishing Member

We have 6 then a "hiatus" due to other works. Weither that's used to corse correct, bring on a new creative team, or it being stealth canceled is up in the air

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Well I enjoyed All New Wolverine but honestly her “grow” in the book was ****, from hyper traumatized made to kill children to stable resolved adult in what in Marvel time was probably 3 months, please. The idea that she just created a facade because she understood it’s a better way interact with other human beings, and especially her younger clone, than constantly brooding about her rage and killer instinct is a lot more realistic and acceptable, the idea that someone can heal from that sort of trauma at the speed of the light is dumb, offensive and diminishing of the tribulations of traumatized persons.
    She didn't "heal" in All New Wolverine, that was cumulation of her character trajectory since her inception. There were many arcs, in many series, of her dealing with her personal issues; introspective, inner monologue stuff; rage and self control were never really her problems. This facade supposition is a glaring obvious baseless crock, to anyone who's read most of her stuff.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 12-11-2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!