View Poll Results: What's your favorite X-Men animated series?

Voters
249. You may not vote on this poll
  • X-Men (TAS)

139 55.82%
  • X-Men: Evolution

90 36.14%
  • Wolverine and the X-Men

45 18.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Context clues, sweetie.
    Show, don't make me infer, sweetie. Considering how much Quicksilvers/Wanda's, Rogue and Nightcrawler's parentage and backstories were explored, the least they could do is make a line to explain how this new character no one has heard of is connected to Storm.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    One thing I hate about XTAS is that it made everyone think that roster was the real X-MEN team. Or those storylines were cannon.
    Example "Why isn't Bishop the time traveler? That's how it happened in the cartoon"
    A clue to TAS's overwhelming pop cultural relevancy.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Show, don't make me infer, sweetie. Considering how much Quicksilvers/Wanda's, Rogue and Nightcrawler's parentage and backstories were explored, the least they could do is make a line to explain how this new character no one has heard of is connected to Storm.
    Storm was a recurring character at best, compared to Rogue, Nightcrawler, and even Wanda. They could afford to go into their backstories. Storm... not so much. It isn't hard to stretch your imagination and figure out what they were going for with Storm, even if it is simply inferred.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

A clue to TAS's overwhelming pop cultural relevancy.
    Yes that's true. That's why I'm upset they wouldn't let them use Thunderbird. He would've died but got ressurected like morph eventually did. Then he would probably be brought back into the comics like morph did in aoa & exiles.

Also Psylocke could've been equal to storm rogue and phoenix with more screen time. She was already more popular video game wise.

I mean she was the only woman in marvel super heroes game and other X-Men games
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 01-03-2018 at 08:35 AM.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Storm was a recurring character at best, compared to Rogue, Nightcrawler, and even Wanda. They could afford to go into their backstories. Storm... not so much. It isn't hard to stretch your imagination and figure out what they were going for with Storm, even if it is simply inferred.
    They call that 'head canon', my dear, and canon it does not make.

Any yet, they had a whole episode of Storm's backstory(with equally offensive and non-canonical witch doctors hunting her). Surely they could have explained the family connection a bit there, or in any of Spyke's focused storylines. But of course, there's no time to explore their histories.....
    Last edited by yogaflame; 01-03-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Yes that's true. That's why I'm upset they wouldn't let them use Thunderbird. He would've died but got ressurected like morph eventually did. Then he would probably be brought back into the comics like morph did in aoa & exiles
    I can understand why they made the choice they did. Killing the one Native guy would have been in poor tastes, even if they did later revive him(as a villainous pawn with PTSD). TAS's creators were cognizant enough of the effect sidelining POC characters would have, even in the early 90's, something the later shows seemed to forget(I'm especially looking at you, WatXM's whitewashed, de-aged, slapstick imbecile Forge). Besides, would Thunderbird have had a jokey, sarcastic personality? I think that had a lot to do with Morph's popularity, both in the show and in AOA/Exiles.

). Besides, would Thunderbird have had a jokey, sarcastic personality? I think that had a lot to do with Morph's popularity, both in the show and in AOA/Exiles.
    Yeah dude you need this book!

Chapter 13 - Thunderbird Becomes Changeling Becomes Morph

The Gifted is now my best chance to get John back in the books
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

One of the problems I have with WatX (and The Gifted, despite how much I love it) is that the official presence of the Mutant Response Division (MRD) and Sentinel Services basically screams "Magneto was right." In TAS, it was made clear in the first episode that the Mutant Control Agency was a private organization, and the president ordered an end to the Sentinel program in that same story arc.

Making them operate in an official capacity is basically what Magneto said would happen and validates, if not trumps, Xavier's point of view.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post

Making them operate in an official capacity is basically what Magneto said would happen.

Honestly I feel the frickin mardys are necessary. There's some bad muties out there.

The Gifted is now my best chance to get John back in the books
    I mean, we did get James/Warpath. That's got to count for something, right?

I mean, we did get James/Warpath. That's got to count for something, right?
    Not to me. I do like Warpath alot but idk

I'm just happy Thunderbird is on a show and he's the leader. So I can't complain.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    One of the problems I have with WatX (and The Gifted, despite how much I love it) is that the official presence of the Mutant Response Division (MRD) and Sentinel Services basically screams "Magneto was right." In TAS, it was made clear in the first episode that the Mutant Control Agency was a private organization, and the president ordered an end to the Sentinel program in that same story arc.

Making them operate in an official capacity is basically what Magneto said would happen and validates, if not trumps, Xavier's point of view.
    Magneto was right though.

The Sentinels failed in TAS because Gyrich was basically unleashing Gundams in public areas to hunt human-sized enemies. MRD seemed to have a better success rate.

That was integral to the story, which is impressive that I even remembered that much. I think much of the episode revolved around BMX bikes. BTW, evidently the episode was called "Ghost of a Chance".... sooo what was that about being blatantly false?
    Oh come on now! Really? Fact: She wasn't a ghost or a figment of imagination.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Apparently the Moonstar episode was one of those mind screw ones.

Danielle Moonstar appears in the X-Men: Evolution episode "Ghost of a Chance", voiced by Tabitha St. Germain. In this incarnation, Danielle's abilities are slightly altered so that they are more of a telepathic induction type, enabling her to project dreams (or nightmares) directly into her victims' minds. At the time the ability emerged, it was out of control, alienating most people of her home village and driving them away, leaving the place a ghost town. While on a hike in the mountains, Danielle was buried alive in a cave for two years, and unable to escape, her body went into suspended animation due to her mutant abilities. When Shadowcat passes nearby, Danielle inadvertently telepathically contacts her and projects a dream in which Kitty introduced her to the X-Men, which was in fact not really happening. After realizing that Danielle really exists and is in danger, Kitty goes through great lengths in order to rescue her, despite the initial skepticism of her teammates. Even though they have not personally met before the actual rescue, the shared telepathic mind-link has made Danielle and Kitty close friends.

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Magneto was right though.

The Sentinels failed in TAS because Gyrich was basically unleashing Gundams in public areas to hunt human-sized enemies. MRD seemed to have a better success rate.
    About Magneto being right, the franchise works best for me when both viewpoints are shown as having merit. Having government-endorsed anti-mutant brownshirts skews things too heavily toward validating Magneto's end of the spectrum for my taste.

It's one thing to be pragmatic and have an "us vs. them" mentality when you're staring down the barrel of extinction like in the post-House of M comics, but when total annihilation isn't likely, I prefer a more balanced approach to the depiction of human nature.

That could just be me, though.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."