Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I donīt want give to Supersons fanbase FAKE HOPES, this is only one idea about Supersons future(that I posted in Damian appreciation):

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post

All of you worried because you think that this comic will change but... I think that I understand the ending of SS.. IS THE SCHOOL AGAIN...

They are trying to make this one SUPERSONS SCHOOL comic
    , in other words one Gotham Academy 2.0 with young heroes(the SS)... Focused in the school life of these 2... I think that they are trying to make this school more than you never imaginated and for that reason, they should start again..
    I think that your serie is ending because DC is trying to transform this comic in something different(only a little different) in that school(possible reason of the ending of this comic)..
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-23-2018 at 02:38 AM.

BANNED

Here's something that was too late for May solicitations, but will be coming out in the fifth week. Supersons meets the Blue Falcon and Dynomutt

https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...-super-sons%2F

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Here's something that was too late for May solicitations, but will be coming out in the fifth week. Supersons meets the Blue Falcon and Dynomutt

https://twitter.com/PeterJTomasi/sta...-super-sons%2F
    Blue Falcon looks kind of old here...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Blue Falcon looks kind of old here...
    Actually, I was thinking he looks kind of real here!

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    I'm glad Kara will be included in Superman but it's really not the same as having her own title and the cynical side of me sees this as ploy to inflate the number of Bendis' superman run.
    Someone brought up an interesting point in another thread that as soon as Steve Orlando gave Supergirl a black boyfriend, DC cancelled the Supergirl book. Coincidence? Or do you think Bendis will let Supergirl
    keep her black boyfriend. Maybe Orlando didn't have as much freedom from DC as the thought he was going to get. Anyway interesting that for the second time Supergirl looks at a black boy her book is gone.

http://community.comicbookresources....Media/page2208

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

The idea that Bendis would be opposed to an interracial relationship is kind of super funny given that 1) made Jess and Luke a thing, and gave them a mixed baby 2) made Miles a black and Hispanic kid who dated an outside either race and 3) Bendis has two black daughters of his own.

I also VERY much doubt that Orlando giving Kara a black bf was the reason for canning the book given if they didn't want that then it wouldn't have seen print to begin with.

What seems to be the case, is that they want to do some stuff with the Titans, Bendis wants to use her in Superman/Action, and they want to just overall make the Superman line feel brand new. Expect a bunch of relaunches down the line after Kara and Jon are used in other books like Superman/Action and the young hero books.

Can't speak on if she'll stay with Ben though. I wouldn't be surprised if they start the road to her and Brainiac 5 becoming a thing given The Legion is coming back hard, and Berndis really wants to write them at some point.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 02-22-2018 at 03:25 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I already thought the notion that DC doesn't care about female characters was ridiculous, but cancelling Supergirl because of an interracial relationship takes the cake. Especially considering how that's not even new for Kara.

Yeah, if it was about the mixed race thing, then Super Sons wouldn't be canceled either (I know Jon and Lois are sticking around, but it was my favorite read).

I think my one, overall complaint about the Supergirl comic, is that aside from 1 issue, she never really interacted with Clark, Jon and Lois outside of the whole Super Family vs Zod family thing a while back. And that wasn't even her comic.

So her getting closer to her cousin and his family (at least since Rebirth) I don't think is a bad thing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    The idea that Bendis would be opposed to an interracial relationship is kind of super funny given that 1) made Jess and Luke a thing, and gave them a mixed baby 2) made Miles a black and Hispanic kid who dated an outside either race and 3) Bendis has two black daughters of his own.

I also VERY much doubt that Orlando giving Kara a black bf was the reason for canning the book given if they didn't want that then it wouldn't have seen print to begin with.

What seems to be the case, is that they want to do some stuff with the Titans, Bendis wants to use her in Superman/Action, and they want to just overall make the Superman line feel brand new. Expect a bunch of relaunches down the line after Kara and Jon are used in other books like Superman/Action and the young hero books.

Can't speak on if she'll stay with Ben though. I wouldn't be surprised if they start the road to her and Brainiac 5 becoming a thing given The Legion is coming back hard, and Berndis really wants to write them at some point.
    I agree with all your points and don't think the book was cancelled because of something as trivial as that, it likely boils down to low sales and her being in the main book and apparently in the titans relaunch will be a better fit for her. With her joining the teen titans though, I'm thinking they'll likely ignore the boyfriend thing and eventually pair her with someone on the team unless Orlando is going to be one of the new titan writers and will still get to write Kara, which is unlikely, given how he tweeted about being finished with Kara.

BANNED

I am worried...what if bendis is trying to sabotage Jon kent to give future writers pretext to destroy the new superman family with his son

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    I am worried...what if bendis is trying to sabotage Jon kent to give future writers pretext to destroy the new superman family with his son
    Then some fans will be outraged and some will be thrilled.

I doubt this is what's going on, though. As far as I can tell, Jon - including his dynamic with Damian - is, generally speaking, quite popular right now. (Which is not to say he does not have his detractors, of course.) I suspect the character will be a major part of the Superman/DCU story for the foreseeable future, in whatever books they decide to use him.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Resident of Central City RedWhiteAndBlueSupes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jason white reborn View Post
    Wouldn't worry too much. Less books, more focus on Supes, sounds good to me.

I wish they would go back to having back up stories in action or bring back Adventure Comics to showcase characters like these.

The Bat-line needs a similiar culling/back to basics shift.
    Phantom rough on roughnecks- Old Jungle Saying

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I already thought the notion that DC doesn't care about female characters was ridiculous, but cancelling Supergirl because of an interracial relationship takes the cake. Especially considering how that's not even new for Kara.
    I'm not sure I believe it either but the people in the thread did bring up the point the last time anything interracial was tried with Supergirl, that book was also cancelled.

The idea that Bendis would have a problem with interracial relationships is completely ridiculous, just given his track record. I doubt that the relationship will make it into Bendis' Superman book though as I'm sure he will be creating his own supporting cast for the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhiteAndBlueSupes View Post
    The Bat-line needs a similiar culling/back to basics shift.
    I think that's already happening what with Tynion leaving and the Bat/Cat wedding arc peaking at Issue 50. As much as I love Bat/Cat, I think DC won't commit to a marriage just yet, and they'll be a roadblock, which will allow King to concentrate more on the rest of what he's been neglecting the last year or so