Page 135 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 4059
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    This is like the other Spider-Men in Spidey Home 3, they don't say they're there, but we know they're there lol.

Oh well, may Spidey punch her in the face a lil' bit, maybe he'd punch her hard enough for her robotic brain to have a hard reboot and she'll stop this Omega Sentinel ripping off and mutant hating nonsense .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Question will be is the current MJ been Moria this whole time and if so will MJ remember the past several months when brought back

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post

I'm always happy to read PeterMJ meta so I enjoyed reading your post! However, I woukd like to point out that I mentioned I'm pissed off about the current unfortunate state of events, not Doomed Affairs. I'm annoyed they can't even have a callback without it being "wrong".
    Oops! My bad. Many apologies for failing reading comprehension!

Marvel says it's Gwen Stacy's turn to use the clone body doubles!
    Try as any future author might, it'll be hard to top "Harry Osborn was sold to the devil and copied his conciousness to a computer that proceeded to make clones of his father and high school friend who were raised to think Peter Parker was their father. AI Osborn forced Mysterio to simulate VR sex with his creator's dad. He may have also manipulated the Sarah Stacy clone into initiating a relationship with Peter Parker. Because reasons. No, we swear this isn't an April Fools day prank gone too far. Marvel is a serious company."
    I don’t know, I don’t think you’re being fair to Wells in suggesting no one can top Kindred in ridiculousness. He seems to be well on his way

I was being facetious, as you were aware, but I really can’t think of a (somewhat?) plausible explanation for the kids other than Miracle-Gro clones - and who has been retconned as a persistent growers of pairs of clones? Or maybe this a Chasm scheme as Ben was the Jackal for a while (but the details of Slott’s story are out of my brain and I’d like them to stay that way). I just can’t see turning ASM into an X-book but then maybe now I’m the one not giving Wells and Marvel enough credit for ridiculousness.

I suspect that if Wells gives Peter a dating life, he'll be giving Hardy another chance but I'm more inclined to think it'll be ship teasing.
    His Felicia is written as cardboard as his Mary Jane. I’m hoping he sticks to “world without love” for his entire, hopefully short run because, having gone back and read a wide swathe of his work, writing sincere relationships is not the strongest spoke in his wheelhouse. His strongest two speeds as a writer seem to be white frat boy snark comedy and OTTT violence for violence’s sake.

Twitter called it with Paul/Kareem.
    A comic book store owner said on Twitter that his customers were shipping Paul/Kareem - it doesn’t seem to be a Twitter phenomenon- but I think Kareem could do better

That's Zeb Wells for ya. If there isn't at least one "To rob Peter to pay Paul", "to borrow from Peter to pay Paul", "to unclothe Peter to clothe Paul", or some other take on the phrase that has developed over the centuries it'll be a missed opportunity.
    Utterly agree - and if there’s not at least one “Peter, Paul and Mary (Jane)” reference, then what the #&*@ is Wells doing?

I still think Romy was named after Romita(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    That’s a user-generated database - anyone could have added Moira to the list of characters. It’s not official from Marvel. But I think we all anticipate Moira to be in the issue.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-22-2022 at 07:02 AM.

BANNED

Sneek preview of a specially commissioned Peter/MJ comic strip, this is unrelated to my newspaper strip project, this is the last story in my four strip 60th anniversary one-shot, coloured version is coming

If I stick with this artist, it might also serve as a sample page from a much bigger project to come...

Omnibus for next year Beyond vo1 and MJ/BC

Capture.JPG

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Their love will always bring them back together

Attachment 122029
    Indeed. It's just a shame that the one time outside comics (before Into the Spider-Verse) that Peter was depicted marrying Mary Jane, she turned out to be a clone and evaporated to death in front of him. Real heartbreak there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Omnibus for next year Beyond vo1 and MJ/BC

Capture.JPG
    Looks fun enough.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I was being facetious, as you were aware, but I really can’t think of a (somewhat?) plausible explanation for the kids other than Miracle-Gro clones
    I mean, the kids could be just random kids unrelated to Spidey, or MJ.

- and who has been retconned as a persistent growers of pairs of clones? Or maybe this a Chasm scheme as Ben was the Jackal for a while (but the details of Slott’s story are out of my brain and I’d like them to stay that way). I just can’t see turning ASM into an X-book but then maybe now I’m the one not giving Wells and Marvel enough credit for ridiculousness.
    There's that mysterious guy who's shown burying the previous Gabriel and Sarah clones, who may even be the same guy who was there when Ned unburied himself, if Marvel wants to use that.

There's also the villain who kidnapped Otto.

Jackal himself with another incomprehensible plan could be a possibility too.

A comic book store owner said on Twitter that his customers were shipping Paul/Kareem - it doesn’t seem to be a Twitter phenomenon- but I think Kareem could do better
    I stop reading ASM for a bit and I already don't recognize names lol.

That’s a user-generated database - anyone could have added Moira to the list of characters. It’s not official from Marvel. But I think we all anticipate Moira to be in the issue.
    Huh, wasn't aware, but it'd honestly be more surprising if Moira Jane ain't in this.

We need more of these
    Spider-Man_Loves_Mary_Jane_1.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

There's that mysterious guy who's shown burying the previous Gabriel and Sarah clones, who may even be the same guy who was there when Ned unburied himself, if Marvel wants to use that.

Huh, wasn't aware, but it'd honestly be more surprising if Moira Jane ain't in this.
    Jackal was one of my suggestions ( him or Mysterio). I think these kids being clones is logical. There is no way those kids belong to MJ. Especially because Marvel just got rid of Sins Past. I cannot possibly see them repeating the Gwen mistake with MJ.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;6093550]Jackal was one of my suggestions ( him or Mysterio). I think these kids being clones is logical ( actors ( if Mysterio) is possible ( although less likely)). There is no way those kids belong to MJ. Especially because Marvel just got rid of Sins Past. I cannot possibly see them repeating the Gwen mistake with MJ

[QUOTE=NC_Yankee;6093552]
    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Jackal was one of my suggestions ( him or Mysterio). I think these kids being clones is logical ( actors ( if Mysterio) is possible ( although less likely)). There is no way those kids belong to MJ. Especially because Marvel just got rid of Sins Past. I cannot possibly see them repeating the Gwen mistake with MJ
    With the recent thing with Mr. Sinister and mentioning his "friend" I could see him helping out creating the kids and who knows maybe Paul could be a clone too

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Mercwmouth12;6093575]

With the recent thing with Mr. Sinister and mentioning his "friend" I could see him helping out creating the kids and who knows maybe Paul could be a clone too
    Paul as a clone is possible ( although with the Alpha Male/Possessive treatment towards MJ ( or her impersonator)), I kind of doubt it. I am guessing Paul is Jackal 75% odds, and 25% odds of it being Mysterio, Chameleon ( a possibility that just popped into my head) or someone else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Romita's head is practically a cut and paste of Mary Jane, from identical hair style to green eyes to dimples.

She could be unrelated, but going with Occam's Razor on this one. Wells likes his twists, but he still telegraphs them.

Oh, I'm being facetious about Harry, although Kindred 2: Goblin Boogaloo has a ring to it...lol. And a logical explanation for the guy who buried the clones is another Harry clone/construct who is still out there...just sayin'.

We know Chasm(cide) is returning, so can totally see a version of Ben!Jackal behind it.

Or Wells truly is turning ASM into an X-book so he call write Hellions Vol. 2 and these are Sinister moppets *shrug*

Wise. So far you've missed a good Tombstone story and absolutely nothing about Peter Parker/Spider-Man except falling for the bad guy's machinations yet again (very on point with OMD!Peter, one has to admit), being a damsel, being Norman's bestie, and mystery box misery.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 06-23-2022 at 08:44 AM.

Jackal was one of my suggestions ( him or Mysterio). I think these kids being clones is logical. There is no way those kids belong to MJ. Especially because Marvel just got rid of Sins Past. I cannot possibly see them repeating the Gwen mistake with MJ.
    We talking about the same Marvel who, when trying to get rid of the marriage in the 90's, actually considered to have Mephisto be involved in a Spidey story, went against the idea because it was dumb, then Quesada came along and wrote everyone's favorite magic divorce.

Never doubt their stupidity lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Romita's head is practically a cut and paste of Mary Jane, from identical hair style to green eyes to dimples.

She could be unrelated, but going with Occam's Razor on this one. Wells likes his twists, but he still telegraphs them.
    Time will tell I guess.

Oh, I'm being facetious about Harry, although Kindred 2: Goblin Boogaloo has a ring to it...lol.
    Honestly, even if you're joking, ASM right now is dumb enough to consider such possibilities.

And a logical explanation for the guy who buried the clones is another Harry clone/construct who is still out there...just sayin'.
    Could be AI Harry after getting a body too lol.

Honestly if we're right about this, Harry is practically the new Jackal with how he uses clones.

We know Chasm(cide) is returning, so can totally see a version of Ben!Jackal behind it.
    He's working with Madelyne right now, maybe there's a weird mix of science and magic on what they're doing, maybe the kids are demons even, demon kids who'll subvert our expectations and eat Paul .

Or Wells truly is turning ASM into an X-book so he call write Hellions Vol. 2 and these are Sinister moppets *shrug*
    Hellions at least was an interesting comic even with the dark humor, the complete opposite of this lol.

It's kinda impressive how there's such a massive difference, maybe Wells is one of those hit or miss writers, or maybe this is editorial interfering and making **** worse, could always be a mix of both too.

Wise. So far you've missed a good Tombstone story and absolutely nothing about Peter Parker/Spider-Man except falling for the bad guy's machinations yet again (very on point with OMD!Peter, one has to admit), being a damsel, being Norman's bestie, and mystery box misery.
    That's more or less what I expected, I did note that Tombstone/Digger stuff from ASM#1 vol 6 was actually interesting, but not enough for me to put up with a Spider-Man comic where Spidey is the most annoying thing about it, if I'm gonna torture myself with this run, it'll be by binge reading so I can get the worst moments at once instead of getting annoyed twice per month lol.

And that's assuming I bother reading the whole thing, I could always read random issues to be aware of what's up but not even being close to reading the whole thing, like what I did with Slott's run, I still haven't even read all main issues from Spider-Island, one of his "best" stories, it just doesn't catch enough of my attention to read more of it.