Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I sincerely hope that Bishop sticks to his guns and does not accept Kitty's offer. The guy is one of the Krakoa captains, the last thing he needs is to become Kitty's lackey and get drawn into the HFC nonsense. Same goes for Storm too.

BANNED

Rosenberg?

wrong thread nvm
    Last edited by Wiccan; 12-04-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Who are the 4 characters behind the Shaws?
    Meld? Crosta?
    Eosimias? Sibercat?
    Microbe?
    Jubilee?

I was hoping for far more sexy vibes from the gay characters but all in all this is one of my favorites books thus far now. This and Excalibur stepped up their games this week. I hope they continue because I love the cast in both of them.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Dude during the X-Men: Gold era if you had told me i would enjoy a Kitty Pryde led book as much as I did Marauders #3 I woulda spit in your eye and called you a liar.....and for that I apologise cause you woulda been right
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    I would rather this was a hellfire book instead of the captain sailing nonsense.
    For me, it's the opposite. I loved the first issue for it's light hearted adventure direction. I thought the book was going to mostly be that with the political side of things being more of a subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Definitely the best issue so far. Finally a break from Kitty. I've realised that she was the reason I wasn't enjoying the book.
    I would rather this was a hellfire book instead of the captain sailing nonsense.
    This is a Hellfire book.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Dude during the X-Men: Gold era if you had told me i would enjoy a Kitty Pryde led book as much as I did Marauders #3 I woulda spit in your eye and called you a liar.....and for that I apologise cause you woulda been right
    thats ironic considering Kitty wasnt in #3....LOL, so yes your Gold era self would have believed me if I had told you you would enjoy an issue that did not involve Kitty

This was an okay set-up issue.

A waste of a good cover in my opinion...but I like Shaw so alright.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Not bad, it was good to get a Shaw focused issue of him assembling his pieces. I'm glad that everything is not totally "I luv u Pops" vibe from Shinobi. It was good to hear why Shaw wants involvement in Krakoa ( even though it may have been theater and he has other motives) and how he would recruit mutants or others to side with him. Should Bishop except the offer? I think the thing is that perhaps the HFC has access to certain things that Krakoa does not, this may help him in performing his role as a captain. I'm still curious to what is Bishop's role as captain and this series. I like the idea of him being a captain in expertise in detective work, law enforcement and as a last resort that will do what is necessary to defend Krakoa.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

While I didn't care for the Sebastian/Shinobi issue, Marauders itself wasn't a terrible read. If nothing else it shut down the nonsense of Marauders being another "Kate" book. That being said I cannot wait for issue four that focuses on the main team. I also pray that Mama catches wind of the bullshit story Sebastian had told Shinobi
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

The Shaws getting more character development this week than maybe their entire publishing history.

Didn't expect a whole issue to be about the Shaws, but I enjoyed it, and it adds to the book's plots nicely.

I’m really enjoying this book, this issue was very well written too(even if you’re not interested in these two characters). I don’t mind that we didn’t see the main cast at all. I like the positioning, I want to know what Shaw and Shinobi are up to, together and Shinobi of his own. Drama is coming in the Hellfire Club, and I’m all for it. Kudos for making Shinobi clearly Asian looking!

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    I’m really enjoying this book, this issue was very well written too(even if you’re not interested in these two characters). I don’t mind that we didn’t see the main cast at all. I like the positioning, I want to know what Shaw and Shinobi are up to, together and Shinobi of his own. Drama is coming in the Hellfire Club, and I’m all for it. Kudos for making Shinobi clearly Asian looking!
    Well we had Pyro lol
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection/Emma 2 View Post
    Well we had Pyro lol
    I meant that the issue wasn’t about Kate and her crew on a ship doing what they’re doing like in the first two issues of the series, but focused on Sebastian and Shinobi only. It was right in the issue clearly, so it should be clear what I meant