Page 35 of 254 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RR1976 View Post
    Schedules? I'm sorry but I think Lynda didn't like the offer. She has like 4 concerts planned in 2016 and filming schedules are set months ahead.
    Hm. But depending on the part, and when/where they wanted her to film it, it could have been a problem...she also has a family. I take her at her word....especially since she specifically says "I believe it’s an homage to the original in regards to the heart of the character. That is what matters."
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

BANNED

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WWbeauty.jpg

Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman in WWI!!!

WWI Wonder Gal.jpg

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3833707

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Steve Trevor and Wonder Woman in WWI!!!

WWI Wonder Gal.jpg

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3833707
    That article is incorrect. I know it's her with some of the cast in her solo film, but...

(Batman v Superman spoilers follow)

spoilers:
    That picture is shown in Batman v Superman. It is what Diana is trying to find, but Bruce finds it first (and it's a bit of a shock to him of course as it is dated from 1918).
    end of spoilers

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidhero1000 View Post
    Love everything about this except that Phillipus is missing. I wish she was here and I hope she is in the movie. She was a big part of Diana's upbringing and brings the much needed diversity. Also, Patty's views on high heels is weird, but I can get over it.

Robin Wright looks AMAZING.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhero1000 View Post
    To go along with the image...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...reaking_banner

The only child. Well, nothing say she can't save Donna in a fire lol.

And those are her Aunties! LOL
    Richard Alexander

I have a feeling they are going to push the HELL out of this movie. Hopefully we finally get a Cartoon for her.
    Richard Alexander

I was giddy when I saw the image of the Amazons.

I'm so glad they're taking them from the source material and not just making up a bunch of new ones like the animated film did. I have a feeling Antiope will play a big role in the film, since Robin Wright is a pretty big name. It's funny because Renae de Liz used Antiope and Menalippe in pretty large roles for The Legend of WW. I could see them being expanded in the scope of DC, maybe for Rebirth.

I do hope that we see more color and variety in the amazons. Where the heck is Phillipus?

Amazons are great. Still can't see WW in GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I was giddy when I saw the image of the Amazons.

I'm so glad they're taking them from the source material and not just making up a bunch of new ones like the animated film did. I have a feeling Antiope will play a big role in the film, since Robin Wright is a pretty big name. It's funny because Renae de Liz used Antiope and Menalippe in pretty large roles for The Legend of WW. I could see them being expanded in the scope of DC, maybe for Rebirth.

I do hope that we see more color and variety in the amazons. Where the heck is Phillipus?
    I'm kind of worried about if Philipus will be appearing in the film. This article states Hippolyta, Antiope and Menalippe (the Amazons in this picture) will be the ones who trained Diana.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/24...connie-nielsen

But maybe they haven't revealed all the info and there are more Amazons to come.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-24-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

One of the ongoing flaws in Diana's comics is how underdeveloped her supporting cast is. There aren't any truly notable Amazon characters other than her mother -- I mean, individual writers might create one (e.g., Io), but they don't recur under subsequent writers. I guess Phillipus was kind of the exception in the post-Crisis period, but she never got any real development either. Oh, and Artemis, but she's not from Themyscira.

Based on past precedent where the comics speedily copy the films, I expect these new Amazon characters will become supporting cast fixtures irrespective of writers, which I guess is an improvement.

BANNED

No Phillipus not a good look.

This Earth's Donna Troy Donna M.'s Avatar

They look okay, I guess. But where's Phillipus? I have the sneaking suspicion that this version of Themyscira is going to be completely lacking in any Amazons of Color, save for showing them in the background. Not. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna M. View Post
    They look okay, I guess. But where's Phillipus? I have the sneaking suspicion that this version of Themyscira is going to be completely lacking in any Amazons of Color, save for showing them in the background. Not. Cool.
    And you think this because.....?

Jumping the gun a bit, I'd say. I wish we could all be a little less ready to be offended or disappointed sometimes, EESH.

THIS IS FRAKKING AWESOME!! makes me want to have a 1000 more questions answered!!! Heracles? Bana? Contest? Phillipus? Donna? Goddesses? Doom's Doorway?

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 03-24-2016 at 08:33 AM.