• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 3487 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 248729873387343734773483348434853486348734883489349034913497 ... LastLast
Results 52,291 to 52,305 of 52830

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    With Atlantis attacked at the end of the issue and the bulk of the team away, I think #7 will be Storm's issue to shine. She is on the cover so Im hoping it represents whats inside the way Nehnzo got in depth focus in this one.
    I think that was set up for Gentle to hulk out against Abomination more than anything.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The book she just stood around in today? I think she said one sentence
    It was a down issue focused on another character. Have hope.

I think that was set up for Gentle to hulk out against Abomination more than anything.
    Its already been established that Storm doesnt like Abominations so I think she'll get some good moments. All Gentle can do is hit him, but if the barrier is broken, Storm's powers will be handy in keeping Searebro from being destroyed. Its been a while since she's done an underwater display so that should be a spectacle if it goes there

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Its already been established that Storm doesnt like Abominations so I think she'll get some good moments. All Gentle can do is hit him, but if the barrier is broken, Storm's powers will be handy in keeping Searebro from being destroyed. Its been a while since she's done an underwater display so that should be a spectacle if it goes there
    nope jean will continue to do everything as she always has thus far.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Im trying to be positive. One can hope. Id like to think Jean wont be able to use her TK to protect the place bc she'll be to focused on using her TP to deal with Nova and/or Abomination while Namor and Gentle weaken him with physical attacks. That should leave an opening for Storm to deal with the water

Im trying to be positive. One can hope. Id like to think Jean wont be able to use her TK to protect the place bc she'll be to focused on using her TP to deal with Nova and/or Abomination while Namor and Gentle weaken him with physical attacks. That should leave an opening for Storm to deal with the water
    I love you havok you know I do, but nothing that has happened thus far would indicate storm is going to have her moment to shine. Taylor is trying to show everyone just how badass jean be without the Phoenix and that cant hapoen with Ororo being written in a manner that she should be written. I havent read issue 6 yet but I'm betting ororo didnt have much if any interaction with nezhno. that should be telling in itself.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I love you havok you know I do, but nothing that has happened thus far would indicate storm is going to have her moment to shine. Taylor is trying to show everyone just how badass jean be without the Phoenix and that cant hapoen with Ororo being written in a manner that she should be written. I havent read issue 6 yet but I'm betting ororo didnt have much if any interaction with nezhno. that should be telling in itself.
    Unfortunately not directly. She was in the scene but it was more reactionary to Jean psychically helping him. She stood around looking good for most of the issue

BANNED

I'm not so sure I agree with you. Jean calls out to Namor telepathically as soon as she learns Nova is going to unleash Abomination against Atlantis. I think it may be more of a Namor vs. Abomination fight or a Namor+Gentle vs. Abomination.

Vice High Priest ~ CTT

Stormcaster was so pathetic today!

This is very offensive and stupid. This guy shouldn't be anywhere near a comic book, let alone have a public space to share his disgusting thoughts.

And since when does Storm need Stormcaster to deal with a Mark 1 sentinel?

No, Stormcaster, you are not needed! Or wanted at this point...

Good thing Storm isn’t the token black mutant on the roster or this would seem incredibly ill conceived in this time of BLM and police brutality. Not to mention the protesting he national anthem is seen as an attack on the national flag and not abuse of power by law officials protective by the law essentially legalizing the assault against black bodies.
    Last edited by The Librarian is Open; 07-18-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Weather God View Post
    This is very offensive and stupid. This guy shouldn't be anywhere near a comic book, let alone have a public space to share his disgusting thoughts.

And since when does Storm need Stormcaster to deal with a Mark 1 sentinel?

No, Stormcaster, you are not needed! Or wanted at this point...
    lmfao yea to all of this. storm took that out when she a newby.... now she needs stormcaster to do damage to one? hilarious lol

jean isnt held back love. she needed searebro to find out it was Cassandra. Phoenix jean wouldnt have needed such amplification lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Librarian is Open View Post
    Good thing Storm isn’t the token black mutant on the roster or this would seem incredibly ill conceived in this time of BLM and police brutality. Not to mention the protesting he national anthem is seen as an attack on the national flag and not abuse of power by law officials protective by the law essentially legalizing the assault against black bodies.
    hello.. that was so bad imagery wise but you know of course we are crazy storm fans for calling out these things relating to the misogynistic treatment of the character.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I'm not so sure I agree with you. Jean calls out to Namor telepathically as soon as she learns Nova is going to unleash Abomination against Atlantis. I think it may be more of a Namor vs. Abomination fight or a Namor+Gentle vs. Abomination.
    I think you are right.

jean needed a machine to amplify her powers that would never happen with Phoenix lll.
    Unfortunately not directly. She was in the scene but it was more reactionary to Jean psychically helping him. She stood around looking good for most of the issue
    exactly. I just read the issue and it was cool but it also supported the point I saw making.

ororo did look fierce though.

I'll take Storm from X-men red over Gold showing a black woman getting impaled by the American flag ANY DAY
    Attachment 68384
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Ultimate Member

hello.. that was so bad imagery wise but you know of course we are crazy storm fans for calling out these things relating to the misogynistic treatment of the character.
    Well you are given a pass this time. That issue was OFFENSIVE. To Storm, Gentle, Wakanda and black women in general.

Tbf, the book is kind of slow. No one has really done anything. And this is Jean's team.

Don't worry guys. Gold is almost over.