Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3162

Logan, second time only since i first watched it in theater.

Solid, very solid. Definitely a bit depressing but in a good way.

My favorite X-men movie still remains First Class (McAvoy is such a great Xavier) but that's indeed a good movie.

Retired

As everyone's been talking about it, I watched LIGHTS OUT, too. I watched all the Conjuring movies last year, including ANNABELLE: CREATION--my problem with that movie is it plays fast and loose with one of the prmary rules of the Conjuring universe and the little girl doesn't deserve what happens to her--which makes it seem like God is a heartless bastard (a la the Boook of Job). LIGHTS OUT worked better within the rules set up in the picture. Both movies work well with little kids and with establishing new family dynamics. All of which gives me hope for SHAZAM!

BANNED

I saw Mission Impossible: Fall Out last night.

There's a theme I've noticed with the MI films. I have liked all the odd numbered ones and disliked all the even numbered ones and this one was no exception. I loved Rogue Nation. I think I must have seen it in theaters at least 3 times. I especially loved the character of Ilsa Faust played by Rebecca Ferguson. Her background and demons made her a more interesting character. But she wasn't allowed to shine in this film. She had more agency in RN, in this she's just the woman action heroine.

This had none of the drama and intesinty of Rogue Nation. It was essentially one action scene after the other. The plot was paper thin, and the motivation of the villain was laughable. Henry Cavill as Walker was just obnoxious. An American meathead. And Angela Bassette' s actions really served no purpose.

I was also very irritated at the resolution of the marriage. I had been under the impression that Hunt lived with his wife in secret to protect her, and it was an important aspect of who he was and it kept him anchored. It just seemed that the kiboshed the marriage so that they could make Faust his love interest. It was just forced and contrived.

The only thing I liked about the film was Hunt's willing to sacrifice even one innocent life. And the cinematography. The film is a great advertisement for visiting Paris and London.

To be frank near 75% into the film, I was just tempted to walk out and read the plot resolution online. If you don't care about paper thin plots and don't mind live action video games then see it. Otherwise, I would recommend that you see it in a regular theater and on cheap viewing.

I saw Mission Impossible: Fall Out this afternoon and I liked it overall.

It was blatantly obvious who the main bad guy was that the team was looking for. Saw that reveal coming from the first moment. The last third of the movie dragged a bit. But the complaints about one big action scene after another, this didn't bother me. The plot was there, they just didn't feel the need to hammer it home every five seconds.

Anyone who sees the movie knows the gist of what's going on and doesn't need it explained to them repeatedly.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

The end of the tour on netflix.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xmoonlight444 View Post
    Ant man and the wasp! it was a pretty good movie
    Just watched it the other night and have to agree. I really enjoyed it from start to finish, and loved how they tied it into Infinity War in the post credit scene.

I finally got around to watching Ant-Man. I figured I should since a friend asked me to go see the second one tomorrow. I liked it.

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Ex Machina on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Just watched it the other night and have to agree. I really enjoyed it from start to finish, and loved how they tied it into Infinity War in the post credit scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I finally got around to watching Ant-Man. I figured I should since a friend asked me to go see the second one tomorrow. I liked it.
    It was well worth watching. A family film too. "Antman and The Wasp" might have some serious tie-ins to Avengers 4.

I watched "Unbreakable" again on a Showtime ch. yesterday. To get psyched for "Glass" this winter. Also, went to youtube to view some Unbreakable/Split/Glass theories videos to get more rev-ed up.

Live and let die and Goldfinger were the last two movies I watched.I never tire of watching the early Bond films.
    DC,I need Bronze Age Batman,Green Lantern,and Flash collected.Please,and thank you.

Rampage. Meh.

Pacific Rim Uprising. Less than meh.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Guardians of the galaxy 2.

Fun movie but it comes out as a bit too fake. Not in the visual effect of course but the dialogues, the humor, i was almost expecting the characters to just look at the camera and wink at the end of each conversations.

Kinda hard to put into words but it wasn't like watching "real" people interacting but actors following a script and reciting lines.

Double it seems.

God, are they ever going to fix those forums lol?
    Last edited by Starter Set; 07-29-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Mission: Impossible - Fallout.

Probably the best in the series after the very first, though I *would* argue the action set pieces are next level.

Here's my review:
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I saw Ant-Man and the Wasp today. Really enjoyed it. Some nitpicks but overall it was just a fun movie.