Page 115 of 1397 FirstFirst ... 15651051111121131141151161171181191251652156151115 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 20948

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Because Supes is on ice and Bats is getting recasted in order to undo the mess Snyder made. When you radically **** up DC’s two biggest characters to the point we don’t know what the situation is with them, we kinda have to talk about Snyder. Dude left DC in a hole that they’re only now climbing out of.

I’m happy Aquaman made a billion and the stigma about the character is finally gone, but Snyder screwed my favorite character so badly he’s probably not going to get another movie for decade.
    Your favorite character is not going anywhere. He still gets to be on t.v. shows, comics, video games and even if we aren't getting a movie right now, we are still going to get one in future. What good does talking about Snyder bring? It won't make WB make another Superman movie any faster, it won't remove you movies you hate from existence, it's just typical fandom pettiness. What has been said here that hasn't already been said?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    No one won with BVS. DC blew their chance to do make Batman and Superman's first live-action meeting iconic, they missed the mark with the Trinity in live-action and then they missed the Death of Superman. No one wanted these movies to fail. This was supposed to be a cultural moment, this movie will be dissected and deconstructed for the rest of time.
    BVS is a cultural moment. And one of the best superhero movies out there, only bested by Infinity War and Aquaman in the live action, and Into the Spiderverse.

It may not be a perfect masterpiece, but it is one of the most interesting takes on those characters and how actions have conséquences, even for God-like beings like Superman.

Only, it came out at a time when movie-goers were really used to unpulg their brains watching superheroes movies, when it required you to be active, see the clues and understand what it meant to the overall story. But even in the edited theatre cut, everything was there to understand why every character acted the way they did, nothing was illogical, even the now-infamous martha scene made a lot of sense in the original release, let alone the extended cut.

Justice League problems mostly comes from Warner putting Whedon on it after Snyder had to go, because of an horrible event in his family. It was the most tone deaf choice that Warner could do, and they did it. They should have found another director, more in line with Snyder's vision, and most of the movies' weaknesses would have been, if not erased, at least lessened.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    BVS is a cultural moment. And one of the best superhero movies out there, only bested by Infinity War and Aquaman in the live action, and Into the Spiderverse.

It may not be a perfect masterpiece, but it is one of the most interesting takes on those characters and how actions have conséquences, even for God-like beings like Superman.

Only, it came out at a time when movie-goers were really used to unpulg their brains watching superheroes movies, when it required you to be active, see the clues and understand what it meant to the overall story. But even in the edited theatre cut, everything was there to understand why every character acted the way they did, nothing was illogical, even the now-infamous martha scene made a lot of sense in the original release, let alone the extended cut.

Justice League problems mostly comes from Warner putting Whedon on it after Snyder had to go, because of an horrible event in his family. It was the most tone deaf choice that Warner could do, and they did it. They should have found another director, more in line with Snyder's vision, and most of the movies' weaknesses would have been, if not erased, at least lessened.
    Sadly too true.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    The problem was Snyder and the stigma his movies brought to the DCEU. The three not directed by Snyder were a box office success. SS was not a critical darling but who cares when it brings in the moolah.

MOS, BVS, and JL should all should have made a billion. DC has the more iconic heroes but got the wrong visionary to establish the DCEU.
    There is no way MOS would have made a billion.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    You said that the public reception of JL isn't an obstacle. The other poster and I are saying that it is an obstacle... but one that can be overcome. That isn't exactly what you said. Even the other poster starts off his response to you with "on the contrary" since it is the opposite of your statment.
    You can play with words all you want, your narrative still makes no sense. Justice League may be an obstacle to overcome (if that makes you happy), but it doesn't prevent the Flash to be a success, even without recasting. Hence, you still not making any sense because of your obsession with Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Bat View Post
    You can play with words all you want, your narrative still makes no sense. Justice League may be an obstacle to overcome (if that makes you happy), but it doesn't prevent the Flash to be a success, even without recasting. Hence, you still not making any sense because of your obsession with Snyder.
    I thinks its pretty clear that consumers can parse Zach Snyder from other films in the DCEU. Domestically, Aquaman and Wonder Woman made more than BvS, but JL, the film directed by the same guy. didn't.

Yeah, some people were turned off by the BvS and now hate the DCEU, you can see that sort of sentiment in this thread and it frankly does demonstrate a profound ignorance. Its fine if you don't like Zach Snyder's work and think SS was poorly managed by WB, but AM and WW share little in common with the films you don't like, nor with each other as well.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

So there is a first look at Birds of Prey and a good look at Huntress, among others. This has an early high bomb outlook. Seriously, looks like the complete wrong direction after Aquaman and WW success.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/birds...d-more-a166087

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Keep in mind BoP's budget is supposed to be on the lower side, so it would really have to be a catastrophe with bad WoM/reception for it to end up being a massive bomb. (That, or Bond 25 which is releasing around the same time will steal the audience)

On a side note, someone slowed down the vid to provide some better looks - I have a feeling these aren't the finalized costumes. (For those who were worried, the actress playing Black Canary seems to have dyed her hair... so she's a blonde at least :P)

https://twitter.com/4eyedRaven/statu...15514871152640

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Keep in mind BoP's budget is supposed to be on the lower side, so it would really have to be a catastrophe with bad WoM/reception for it to end up being a massive bomb. (That, or Bond 25 which is releasing around the same time will steal the audience)

On a side note, someone slowed down the vid to provide some better looks - I have a feeling these aren't the finalized costumes. (For those who were worried, the actress playing Black Canary seems to have dyed her hair... so she's a blonde at least :P)

https://twitter.com/4eyedRaven/statu...15514871152640
    I guess "bomb" wasn't the right word. But Suicide Squad made a lot of money but it was a failure because it hurt the DCEU's credibility, and this feels a lot like that. The DCEU needs more Aquaman and less face tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    So there is a first look at Birds of Prey and a good look at Huntress, among others. This has an early high bomb outlook. Seriously, looks like the complete wrong direction after Aquaman and WW success.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/birds...d-more-a166087
    Seems a little early to call something a bomb after a 20 second video of people standing around, isn't it? I mean, you're entitled to that opinion, but these people are literally just standing around lol No dialogue to pick apart, no fight choreography to nitpick...seems strange, to me. I have no idea if this will be good or not, but I think it's too early to label it one way or the other.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    I guess "bomb" wasn't the right word. But Suicide Squad made a lot of money but it was a failure because it hurt the DCEU's credibility, and this feels a lot like that. The DCEU needs more Aquaman and less face tattoos.
    Wonder Woman was the film that followed Suicide Squad, wasn't it? I'm not sure SS hurt the DCEU's credibility :P Made a ton of money, a merchandise monster, and won a lower-tier Academy Award (but an award, nonetheless).
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Cass reminds me of Timmy from FOP
    I like Huntress' look
    Hopefully Black Mask gets his mask or are they just going for a full origin of how he became Black Mask
    Harley looks OTT but in the good kind of way
    Not used to Zsazs having hair that's a throwback compared to the modern interpretation of the character

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Seems a little early to call something a bomb after a 20 second video of people standing around, isn't it? I mean, you're entitled to that opinion, but these people are literally just standing around lol No dialogue to pick apart, no fight choreography to nitpick...seems strange, to me. I have no idea if this will be good or not, but I think it's too early to label it one way or the other.
    ...Yeah, I didn't call it a bomb. It hasn't come out yet. I said it has a high bomb outlook or probability, in my opinion. Quite frankly, when I thought the whole concept of BoP with Harley was just dumb. We are in an era of comic accuracy, and this doesn't feel very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Wonder Woman was the film that followed Suicide Squad, wasn't it? I'm not sure SS hurt the DCEU's credibility :P Made a ton of money, a merchandise monster, and won a lower-tier Academy Award (but an award, nonetheless).
    Please tell me you're joking. Suicide Squad absolutely hurt its credibility. If you don't think it did, then you must think that either nothing has hurt the DCEU's credibility or only BvS hurt its credibility. But BvS and SS came out within 5 months of each other are were complete critical failures and the negative headlines and online sentiment remained negative for quite some time, if not still remaining to a certain extent. How many more times are we going to have to hear people complain about Leto's Joker or the CGI monster mess before this is clear?

I'm actually quite hyped right about now.

For starter, I love that Cass as a cast on her arm, because I can't help but feel that it means that the director knows that she's a deadly martial artist and had to be handicapped in the movie (at least early on. If she doesn't end kicking asses, I'll be really angry).

I also think that the gritty and slightly insane vibe of the teaser actually works really well. Birds of Prey operates in Gotham and will involve Black Mask and Zsasz. They shouldn't have the same vive as WW or Aquaman. They are supposed to be in this dark and twisted aura that Gotham has.