4. New Hope
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. Rise of Skywalker
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. The Last Jedi
    9. Solo
    10. Attack of the Clones
    11. Phantom Menace
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-04-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

1. Rogue One
    2. Empire Strikes Back
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. The Phantom Menace
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. A New Hope
    7. The Force Awakens
    8. Revenge of the Sith
    9. The Last Jedi
    10. Solo
    11. Rise of Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I'm going to run two separate lists. One is my own personal enjoyment of the movies apart from where I look at them more objectively as specimens of filmmaking. In some cases, the rankings with coincide. In others, they'll be very different.

Personal Enjoyment Ranking

1. RETURN OF THE JEDI

2. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

3. A NEW HOPE

4. REVENGE OF THE SITH

5. ATTACK OF THE CLONES

6. THE PHANTOM MENACE

7. THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

8. THE FORCE AWAKENS

9. SOLO

10. ROGUE ONE

11. THE LAST JEDI

As Specimens of Film

1. THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

2. A NEW HOPE

3. REVENGE OF THE SITH

4. RETURN OF THE JEDI

5. THE LAST JEDI

6. THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

7. ROGUE ONE

8. THE FORCE AWAKENS

9. ATTACK OF THE CLONES

10. THE PHANTOM MENACE

11. SOLO

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I've never understood the idea of having specimens of film and personal enjoyment being seperate observations.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    I've never understood the idea of having specimens of film and personal enjoyment being seperate observations.
    The first is based on personal taste and pleasure. The second sets that aside and considers what the films are trying to accomplish and how well the various contributors produce that vision.

I felt THE LAST JEDI was rather boring in many parts, but at the same time, I admire what and how it was constructed. I enjoyed RETURN OF THE JEDI the most of all STAR WARS films, but a number of other movies in the series were more accomplished.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Mighty Member

Nicely put.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The first is based on personal taste and pleasure. The second sets that aside and considers what the films are trying to accomplish and how well the various contributors produce that vision.

I felt THE LAST JEDI was rather boring in many parts, but at the same time, I admire what and how it was constructed. I enjoyed RETURN OF THE JEDI the most of all STAR WARS films, but a number of other movies in the series were more accomplished.

That seems kind of contradictory IMO. Movies are meant to be entertainment. So if you're bored doesn't that mean the movie isn't doing it's job?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-SUPRISE View Post
    That seems kind of contradictory IMO. Movies are meant to be entertainment. So if you're bored doesn't that mean the movie isn't doing it's job?
    Art and entertainment do not always coincide. Most jazz music bores the hell out of me; that doesn't mean it's poorly made music. My personal tastes must never be conflated with standards of artistic merit. What is artistically valid is not defined by Buried Alien's personal tastes. I got over that kind of egocentrism years ago.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

1. A new Hope
    2. Empire
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. The Force Awakens
    5. Rogue One
    6. The Rise of Skywalker
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. Solo
    9. Revenge of the Sith
    10. Attack of the Clones
    11. The Phantom Menace

9 - 11 are somewhat interchangeable as i really, really didn't like any of the prequels. The Rise of Skywalker and Last Jedi were decent/Ok imo, Solo was forgettable but didn't offend me the way the prequels did.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

1. Revenge of the Sith
    2. The Empire strikes Back
    3. Attack of the Clones
    4. The Phantom Menace
    5. A New Hope
    6. Return of the Jedi
    7. The Last Jedi
    8. The Force Awakens
    9. The Rise of Skywalker

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    Honestly this move was wonderfully made, I vividly remember the emotions that I had after the first time watching it, It enhanced my view of A New Hope, and left me wanting and caring about that happens next
    2. Rogue One - A Star Wars Story
    This was a great story and an amazing re-setting up of a story that we already know with out having to go into the Jedi/Sith, it is a story of the rebelion
    3. A New Hope
    It started it all and helped to bring the Si-Fi genre main stream and created my love of the genre as well, a fun story
    4. Return of the Jedi
    It ended the OT with a happy ending the good guys won and was able to satisfy the emotions that I left ESB with it felt complete at the end
    5. The Force Awakens
    Some saw it as ANH 2.0 I saw it as I knew this place and I liked it there. Yes it was "safe" but after so long I was happy with that. I like Rey, Finn, and Poe and hope to see much more of them in the future. I left this movie anticipating where it was going to go.
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    The prequels had issues, The writing, the direction, the acting and the gratuitous CGI. But... they do have a great story underneath of the tragedy of Anakin Skywalker (the novels did way better conveying this) The three movies follow the path to the dark side. Fear leading to hate, hate leading to anger, anger leading to hate. And I think that ROTS caped that off perfectly where Vader is a man that is suffering in more ways than one under his mask
    7. SOLO - A Star Wars Story
    This movie had great potential! It could have really put that "old west" fell to it. Train Heist, Bank (mine safes) robberies, gambling halls, a quick draw gun duel at the end. It showed that there is more to the Star War Universe than the Jedi and the Sith and I enjoy the stories of renegades, rebels, and rogues.
    8. Rise of Skywalker
    This is the one that I've seen the least and may move over time, But I really enjoyed it and though it has its issues here and there I think it is successful in closing one story and opening anothers
    9. The Phantom Menace
    Jar Jar in enough for me to but this at the bottom of the list but Darth Maul has got to be one of the most awesome Siths in the all of the movies and getting to seen a young Obi-Wan in action was sweet too. Was not too impressed with the Young Anakin story line and the acting was sub-bar by most of the actors
    10. The Attack of the Clones
    It had space dinners (made me think of Space Balls lol), "I hate sand" and some of the worst dialogue and acting of all of the prequels if not for quit possiblely the best ground battles in all of star wars with the Battle of Geonosis it would be at the bottom of my list
    11. The last Jedi
    I didn't like the tone and story. It ,I'm guessing, is a movie about failure and that every single one of the characters needs to learn some kind of lesson. Or something like that a Star Wars After School Special. The movie was pretty yes but for me the story just didn't fit with all of the others in the series and there was much of the movie that It seemed was unneeded. It literally made every thing that I was excited about after seeing TFA into nothing. I'm just not a fan it did nothing to enhance The Force Awakens, it actually took away from it
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 01-09-2020 at 03:15 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

ROS
    ROJ
    ESB
    AOC
    ANH
    PM
    R1
    Solo
    TRS
    TLJ
    CW