Page 7 of 63 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Hmm Rachel will be the team rebel then hmmm

Well I'm curious how she'll interact with the others , does she really have that much history with ANY of them? What do you all expect for Rachel and these others?

Like you might imagine Rachel and Lorna to be closer they're both adult women and extremely powerful and also daughters of very influential characters

I wonder if they'll be played off of each other in some ways for this run like show contrast or something philosophically. But if Rachel is a "James Dean" "Rebel Without A Cause" then maybe Lorna is the "pro Krakoa Do Not Question The Council" type?
    Rachel will probably be the first team member to give Daken the smack down for his attitude. He'll say something insulting about her Dad and Rachel will beat the living **** out of him and squeeze his head into the floor like she did to Stryfe! I just want to see someone piss Rachel off like Stryfe did and get that moment when she squishes their head into the floor! That should be her new finishing move, use her TK to squish your head into the floor!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Rachel will probably be the first team member to give Daken the smack down for his attitude. He'll say something insulting about her Dad and Rachel will beat the living **** out of him and squeeze his head into the floor like she did to Stryfe! I just want to see someone piss Rachel off like Stryfe did and get that moment when she squishes their head into the floor! That should be her new finishing move, use her TK to squish your head into the floor!
    LOL. Works for me. Yeah I'm not sure how Daken will get written but clearly he has to be the true "bad boy" here not really Rachel.

Prodigy will obviously be the super goody-goody by the book. Eyeboy probably more like comic relief but also helpful like his eye powers can see people about to die, etc, or if they're missing memories or something

Northstar I really don't have ANY ideas about...

Rachel and Lorna would probably toss Daken at foes like indirect Fastball Specials I guess. Now I wonder who this squad will do battle against or even if they will since the team seems a bit more like indirect than that, and eyeboy/prodigy aren't really combat types. But certainly with Rachel and Lorna pretty much they would handle any opponent.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Hmm Rachel will be the team rebel then hmmm

Well I'm curious how she'll interact with the others , does she really have that much history with ANY of them? What do you all expect for Rachel and these others?

Like you might imagine Rachel and Lorna to be closer they're both adult women and extremely powerful and also daughters of very influential characters

I wonder if they'll be played off of each other in some ways for this run like show contrast or something philosophically. But if Rachel is a "James Dean" "Rebel Without A Cause" then maybe Lorna is the "pro Krakoa Do Not Question The Council" type?
    Rachel and Polaris were Starjammers together.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Rachel and Polaris were Starjammers together.
    I mean the sheer fact that Rachel can't call Lorna Aunt Lorna by now really shows how certain characters and plots have really missed the boat. Lorna and Alex should have tied the knot in space while they were fighting Vulcan.

James Dean is a notorious LGBTQ icon. Leah isn't effing around.

Now I wonder who this squad will do battle against or even if they will since the team seems a bit more like indirect than that, and eyeboy/prodigy aren't really combat types. But certainly with Rachel and Lorna pretty much they would handle any opponent.
    I think a big part of the mission will be searching for missing mutants to confirm death before resurrecting them. So I'm pretty sure they'll be encountering kidnappers and the like.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

I agree. I’d love to see her in a more stronger and aggressive characterization. I’m tired of her of her being manipulated and brainwashed. Actually, I’d like for someone to try brainwash but this time I’d love to see her fight back and beat the crap out of them. Maybe it’s time to update her hairstyle and costume.

The problem I have with so many of these teams is the lineup is so random. Perhaps Rachel is involved for her tracking abilities. Daken? Northstar?

Otherwise, it sounds like it has potential. While I'm not all that thrilled with the Krakoa concept, I do like that the writers and editors are working together to create an overall story. And Rachel will stay part of the characters who could appear in the other books.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I think a big part of the mission will be searching for missing mutants to confirm death before resurrecting them. So I'm pretty sure they'll be encountering kidnappers and the like.
    Someone posted that their arch-enemies are the DMV and Leah laughed and said that was a great guess!

I am excited for Rachel being on a team. Someone pointed out that both Jean and Rachel are going to be using their psychic powers to investigate matters. Jean is in the mutant version of the CIA and Rachel using her powers to investigate missing mutants. I am glad both have important roles to play.

Someone posted that their arch-enemies are the DMV and Leah laughed and said that was a great guess!
    Haha classic!

I like what Leah had to say about why each character was chosen. I'm excited!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am excited for Rachel being on a team. Someone pointed out that both Jean and Rachel are going to be using their psychic powers to investigate matters. Jean is in the mutant version of the CIA and Rachel using her powers to investigate missing mutants. I am glad both have important roles to play.
    I hope they get to go on an investigation together. I would love a crossover where Rachel and Jean are working on a mission together in the A story, and the other team members are working together in the B story.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    The problem I have with so many of these teams is the lineup is so random. Perhaps Rachel is involved for her tracking abilities. Daken? Northstar?

Otherwise, it sounds like it has potential. While I'm not all that thrilled with the Krakoa concept, I do like that the writers and editors are working together to create an overall story. And Rachel will stay part of the characters who could appear in the other books.
    It doesn’t hurt to give this team a shot. It’s time to switch things up. I’d rather see a new team combo rather than have the same people over and over again.

Ultimate Member

I hope they get to go on an investigation together. I would love a crossover where Rachel and Jean are working on a mission together in the A story, and the other team members are working together in the B story.
    That would happen only if Jean decides that she views Rachel as her daughter again and gives a crap about her...

Rachel needs more friends. This X-Factor cast is RIPE with C-listers that need more friends. It's like the theoretical opposite of the New Mutants who never make any new friends.