Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Now that they're switching back to deal with Red Skull, I have to say that the idea that he hijacked Xavier's brain is so incredibly ridiculous. An insult to readers and to to Prof X's legacy. And the image from the first issues of Skull holding up Prof X's brain with the sliced open head behind him is still the creepiest thing I've seen. Hate it.

All-New Member

I'm utterly disappointed (and angered) by what Remender has done to Sunfire. We FINALLY had a writer using his classic character (costume)... and now Remender goes for the 20 year old Age of Apocaypse look? He has totally butchered Shiro.

And WHERE is Banshee? He's been shown on the title pages of # 22 and # 23... yet never appeared or is mentioned.

Someone in X-editorial needs to get Sunfire back to his classic look. All he looks like now is a generic Human Torch or a yellow Silver Surfer with Age of Apocalypse look.

I want to like this book. But I'm just about done. Sunfire has been utterly underused for years. It's so disappointing to me. I came back to the X-Men because I heard he was joining Uncanny Avengers. Loved his look and that he was finally be utilized. This... is not the character I have loved since 1975.

Quote Originally Posted by sunfire1 View Post
    I'm utterly disappointed (and angered) by what Remender has done to Sunfire. We FINALLY had a writer using his classic character (costume)... and now Remender goes for the 20 year old Age of Apocaypse look? He has totally butchered Shiro.

And WHERE is Banshee? He's been shown on the title pages of # 22 and # 23... yet never appeared or is mentioned.

Someone in X-editorial needs to get Sunfire back to his classic look. All he looks like now is a generic Human Torch or a yellow Silver Surfer with Age of Apocalypse look.

I want to like this book. But I'm just about done. Sunfire has been utterly underused for years. It's so disappointing to me. I came back to the X-Men because I heard he was joining Uncanny Avengers. Loved his look and that he was finally be utilized. This... is not the character I have loved since 1975.
    i don't understand. you criticize the 20 year old costume of AoA...but love the classic look from the 70s.

BANNED

I agree Remender has just one more strike left.

Remender is digging up dead characters at an impressive rate. I am somewhat surprised that Moira McTaggert isn't new Red Skull's chief scientist with Cameron Hodge in full X-Tinction Agenda armor as a Red Skull lieutenant, but perhaps give it time. Maybe Vulcan can be brought back as well.

Banshee both appears and is addressed. He's in the right-most recuperation tube at the start of the issue. Vision and Beast talk about potentially using nano-technology to purge the molecular changes inflicted by the Death Seed used to transform him into a horseman.

Reading this thread.... All the wailing and gnashing of teeth is mind boggling to me. I remember a few months back when everyone was all up in arms about characters dying -- in storyline that explicitly features time-travel no less -- and here we are and all the characters are more or less hale and healthy.

Remander writes for the long game. He's not just maiming characters because he can like Geoff Johns or Chris Yost. He's got a plan.

And I get that a lot of people reading this book are seeing their favourite characters put through the wringer. I understand that. Two of my favourite characters from when I started reading comics over twenty years ago are Archangel and Havok. I'm not particularly happy with where Archangel ended up after Remander's run on UNCANNY X-FORCE, but it's not like anyone was doing much with the character at the time anyway, and that book was really, really good. And hell, I'm sure the next writer who actually has a plan for Archangel will be able to bring him back, because he's a character in a superhero comic book, and that's what happens. The same goes for Havok; I'm not excited about seeing him disfigured, but it's not killing my enjoyment of a well written, interesting story.

People need to relax. Everything's going to be fine for their pet characters. Eventually.

As for Immortus trying to manipulate Alex and Jan into attempting to conceive a child at a specific time, take a look at that page again, and see the smug smirk on Immortus' gob. That dude's up to some villainous shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by PiercedMonk View Post
    Remander writes for the long game. He's not just maiming characters because he can like Geoff Johns or Chris Yost. He's got a plan.

And I get that a lot of people reading this book are seeing their favourite characters put through the wringer. I understand that. Two of my favourite characters from when I started reading comics over twenty years ago are Archangel and Havok. I'm not particularly happy with where Archangel ended up after Remander's run on UNCANNY X-FORCE, but it's not like anyone was doing much with the character at the time anyway, and that book was really, really good. And hell, I'm sure the next writer who actually has a plan for Archangel will be able to bring him back, because he's a character in a superhero comic book, and that's what happens. The same goes for Havok; I'm not excited about seeing him disfigured, but it's not killing my enjoyment of a well written, interesting story.
    Havok's facial burn is not the maiming people care about. It's the dialogue that Remender gives him and sticking him in a fully committed marriage of which the build up in their relationship he fully off paneled. And yeah, Warren'll be back but no one likes the current Angel and he IS a complication.

As for Immortus trying to manipulate Alex and Jan into attempting to conceive a child at a specific time, take a look at that page again, and see the smug smirk on Immortus' gob. That dude's up to some villainous shenanigans.
    But why are they buying it? Even a child should have sufficient understanding of biology that it doesn't work that way. And why did Remender make it so complicated? Just have Kang take Katie outta that timezone. It's not like Kang's own future hasn't been messed with. After that, even if Kang killed her, Havok and Jan would have plenty of options to get her back.
    Last edited by DurararaFTW; 08-30-2014 at 02:59 AM.

BANNED

Finally read this a few minutes ago....what the hell happened to Rogue? They are gonna make Simon part of her character? He has to go...that would mess with Magneto reunions and everything else Ive been wanting to see her confront.

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Remender is digging up dead characters at an impressive rate. I am somewhat surprised that Moira McTaggert isn't new Red Skull's chief scientist with Cameron Hodge in full X-Tinction Agenda armor as a Red Skull lieutenant, but perhaps give it time. Maybe Vulcan can be brought back as well.
    Well, according to the novemver solicts, Vulcan is, indeed, back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    We actually don't know seeking out Dr. Doom was her choice. The only story we have on that is based on the premise that she became distraught when she learned of her sons' deaths, except she already remembered her sons' deaths, so the real story of what happened has yet to be told. If Doom was manipulating her in House of M it's not a stretch to think he was manipulating her to come to him in the first place.

Wanda does screw up a lot, that's part of her charm. She is imperfect and, because no one ever offered to help her gain control of her powers before Agatha Harkness offered, she has imperfect control of what she does. But I don't know it's true that other people always suffer for her actions. Her screw-up in the Apocalypse Twins arc led directly to her violent death. Once her children were retconned into being demon-babies, that means she screwed up her own life through incompetent witchcraft. Etc.
    People screwing up and killing people in this process is not that charming, Neither is when they screw up and commit genocide.

And are we really supposed to take Dooms unsupported word that he was the cause of the decimation? He is not exactly a pillar of virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, according to the novemver solicts, Vulcan is, indeed, back as well.
    Also from the last issue X-Men where everyone and their mom was constantly reminding Rachel of being Deathbird's niece in law over and over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    You might just get your wish.

o
    The X-men and all friends of Spidey were always cannon fodder for Marvel. There are too many dead people to count.
    I'm sure in Axis will at least one of the X-Men will die more likely multiple people.
    Marvel/Remender could we vote who? XD

Havok&Wasp I found the idea stupid and don't mix with the MU future versions so far.
    Rouge Again stupid denying personalty evolution of the character of the last 30 years.(A faith that Ben Grimm often had)
    Immortus He is ugly painted and say even stranger things than usually, by the way wasn't the child outside the time stream when all this happened?

I really imagine how the next author let Wasp go crazy about all this like no good so that she believes that the choice with Hank was a better idea XD

He really think his work is unintentionally funny.

EDIT: Isn't the Wasp in her very first uniform all the time? So far I know she is fashion designer ...urga
    Last edited by TakoM; 08-30-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Ultimate Member

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Simon/Rogue thing isn't just an excuse for Remender to have her hook up with Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Simon/Rogue thing isn't just an excuse for Remender to have her hook up with Wanda.
    A man who share the body of a woman who owns this body has a romantic relationship with a another woman......I don't know what I shout feel about this as a man I'm confused.

Ultimate Member

Not to mention that said man previously had a romantic relationship with that other woman himself. It's just the sort of weird/twisted thing that I could totally see Remender doing.