Page 186 of 202 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3027

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Lines...so many lines .

Hair always on point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Not really a big fan of either of their faces. (nor of Hal's hair)

Oh, and also:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lines...so many lines .
    I like that Aquaman looks like Aquaman and not Diet Namor

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I like that Aquaman looks like Aquaman and not Diet Namor
    Um...maybe?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    He posted annotations for Morrison's run but I can't find them anymore. Has he archived any of his Green Lantern pages anywhere?
    He's on ComicBookHerald now, but I'm not sure if his TGL annotations came with him. He just did an overview of Black Adam's history that really opened by eyes to how important that character is, and how important Johns was in his prominence, that was quite interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Like I said, there's lots of more right wing nonsense in Johns's era to point to. But that particular bit didn't raise any hackles for me because I think it makes perfect sense within the context of Hal's position as a space cop.

Big Brother should be monitoring cops whenever they're on duty. But you're certainly welcome to assume that Johns was having Hal inexplicably advocate for a police state

As for Hal's anti-authoritarian bonafides, I would absolutely agree that other creators, particularly Cooke and Morrison, more successfully depicted that key element of Hal Jordan's character.
    Didn't they say in that issue that it was monitoring him all the time as long as he was wearing the ring, on-duty or not?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Cooke and Waid have written some gold standard Hal. Of course, I'd add GLTAS and J.M. DeMatteis's Hal in The Spectre and Willworld among the best. Unfortunately, I haven't read any Silver Age works so I can't comment on Kane's Hal (I'll have to rectify that) but based on what has been said his Hal sits with them. I'm grateful that we have an abundance of Hal material that anyone can find enjoyment from, even if it's just something done by a single writer, and we're very lucky to have many fantastic depictions of the character.
    I love Dematteis and I enjoyed those stories, but Hal felt a bit...not quite Hal...in those stories to me at times. I like those stories but I personally don't put them as definitive Hal stories. But I have such a high regard for Dematteis as a writer and as a person and those stories have a special place in my heart so I totally get the appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Didn't they say in that issue that it was monitoring him all the time as long as he was wearing the ring, on-duty or not?
    If he's wearing the ring, he's on-duty. As with real cops, you can't wield the power if you're not also willing to shoulder the responsibility that goes with it.

As the 90s was so fond of pointing out, a GL power ring is one of the most powerful weapons in the universe.

Are you saying you wouldn't want someone with authority keeping tabs on that kind of power?

Granted, that authority was Johns's scumbag Guardians, so...

I love Dematteis and I enjoyed those stories, but Hal felt a bit...not quite Hal...in those stories to me at times. I like those stories but I personally don't put them as definitive Hal stories. But I have such a high regard for Dematteis as a writer and as a person and those stories have a special place in my heart so I totally get the appeal.
    Agreed. DeMatteis's Hal felt very much in transition in his Spectre stories.

Heck, my phone does that and I'm not shouldering the responsibility of a GL.

I was pleasantly surprised how much Hal was part of that series. With JMD I was concerned we'd get a Spectre series that just happened to have Hal as the host. It was an interesting take on Hal, but considering what he had gone through at that point and the journey he was on, anyone would act at least a little out of character.

Extraordinary Member

I can't help but think of Ron DeSantis now when I see white boots.

Someone give Ron a yellow ring.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If he's wearing the ring, he's on-duty. As with real cops, you can't wield the power if you're not also willing to shoulder the responsibility that goes with it.

As the 90s was so fond of pointing out, a GL power ring is one of the most powerful weapons in the universe.

Are you saying you wouldn't want someone with authority keeping tabs on that kind of power?

Granted, that authority was Johns's scumbag Guardians, so...
    I guess so. But Hal generally never takes the ring off so it's monitoring him in his personal life as well.

I guess so. But Hal generally never takes the ring off so it's monitoring him in his personal life as well.
    Yes, because he's wearing one of the most powerful weapons in the universe.

I'm not sure what your issue is with this. Given what happened with Sinestro, wouldn't it be a good idea to monitor space cops while they're still welding their unimaginablely powerful weapons?

Setting aside the Guardians' moral dodgey-ness that Johns began revelling in at the end of his run, doesn't that policy make sense?

If any GL wants some time to themselves without being monitored by the Oans, they can simply take the ring off.