Page 267 of 270 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270 LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 4044

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just for clarity Waid meant it in terms of “Robin is the one who tells jokes because Batman never quips and Superman’s sense of humor is more deadpan and subdued”. So you’ll get Dick as the jokester of the trio.
    You're right, I was actually coming back to edit my post because I got to that part of the podcast just now lol.

I'm here for it! Waid says this is a 16-17 year old Dick, so he's not just the excited kid running around which is nice. Waid also says Dick will be in every issue so that's good. Last thing, Waid says he's not going for nostalgia, but more using the classic versions to tell contemporary stories which is great!

Anyone hankering for classic Batman and Robin and more Dick have it good now .

Would love to see dicks reaction to seeing and meeting wonder woman for the first time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    You're right, I was actually coming back to edit my post because I got to that part of the podcast just now lol.

I'm here for it! Waid says this is a 16-17 year old Dick, so he's not just the excited kid running around which is nice. Waid also says Dick will be in every issue so that's good. Last thing, Waid says he's not going for nostalgia, but more using the classic versions to tell contemporary stories which is great!
    This sounds perfect. Exactly what I hoped for. So excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Anyone hankering for classic Batman and Robin and more Dick have it good now .
    I've wanted this for so long. Dick's time as Robin retold.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Mark Waid held an interview on Word Ballon for his upcoming Batman/Superman: World's Finest book and says Dick as Robin will be almost the third main cast member, being used for comedy relief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just for clarity Waid meant it in terms of “Robin is the one who tells jokes because Batman never quips and Superman’s sense of humor is more deadpan and subdued”. So you’ll get Dick as the jokester of the trio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post

That sounds very good. Dick looked older drawn by Dan Mora, but having confirmation is always better.

It's nice that the Robin Dick stories of this and next year have so much range in terms of his age and how his character is being depicted.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    That sounds very good. Dick looked older drawn by Dan Mora, but having confirmation is always better.

It's nice that the Robin Dick stories of this and next year have so much range in terms of his age and how his character is being depicted.
    The only thing they have in common? Pants .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    His run hasn't been my exact cup of tea but there's no denying he's done a fabulous job of boosting our boys profile

You can only hope that maybe the book will turn into a property creators want to write over looking at it as a stepping stone where DC would be willing to invest more talent on it.

I'm curious what do you guys think about what is said to be the originally idea. So Tim was suppose to replacement Dick as Nightwing for a bit. The more I think about it. What if it was Tim looking for a way to fix Dick. That the Titans and all the other people who would be able to have aren't there. Tim finds about the crystal. Or what would you guys have wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious what do you guys think about what is said to be the originally idea. So Tim was suppose to replacement Dick as Nightwing for a bit. The more I think about it. What if it was Tim looking for a way to fix Dick. That the Titans and all the other people who would be able to have aren't there. Tim finds about the crystal. Or what would you guys have wanted?
    I think it would have been a more interesting story than the one we got. Not sure if I like Tim as Nightwing though. Any Robin becoming Nightwing after Dick just feels off to me, taking both of Dick's most iconic identities would just read as a form of plagiarism of Dick's hero's journey. Especially since Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian are usually drawn very similar.

I would have liked to see Tim in Blüdhaven during the whole Ric debacle, just not as Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Well the original plan was for Zatanna to reverse the damage with magic, although that was King assuming DC editorial wouldn't have wanted to continue with the aftermath of Dick being shot in the head. Clearly, he didn't know who he was dealing with lol.

The Tim thing was the idea put forward by King after it was decided that they wouldn't reverse the gun shot. It's just a really weird idea because Tim as Robin is completely capable of doing the things Dick would have done as Nightwing. At least when Dick steps up to be Batman, we're supposed to believe Batman is this massive influence on Gotham and a necessity for the DCU as a whole, aside from the out-of-universe fact that Batman is DC's biggest character. If Tim became Nightwing... he'd just be dealing with Bludhaven? That's not at all a big deal for him, unless we're supposed to think Tim would have taken over Dick's Titans team, but even then, Tim has led before so... what is it that's new for him? The biggest part of the direction was that Tim would be Dick's primary caretaker, but why does that mean he would be Nightwing in the first place?

I guess Tim being relegated to Bludhaven while Dick, after returning to the Nightwing role, would be allowed to go international or something would've been nice though lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by JackJustMetMartin View Post
    I think it would have been a more interesting story than the one we got. Not sure if I like Tim as Nightwing though. Any Robin becoming Nightwing after Dick just feels off to me, taking both of Dick's most iconic identities would just read as a form of plagiarism of Dick's hero's journey. Especially since Dick, Jason, Tim and Damian are usually drawn very similar.

I would have liked to see Tim in Blüdhaven during the whole Ric debacle, just not as Nightwing.
    Just wanted to say, between Tim and Damian starting up and leading the Teen Titans at various points already solidified them both as following the same path as Dick anyways lol. Becoming Nightwing is the end point that neither of them have reached yet, when you really think about it.

Okay the magic crystal makes more sense now. Overall I found that idea of Tim being Nightwing way more interesting than what they did. I wonder do we know anything about how the Zatanna healing him was to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    You can only hope that maybe the book will turn into a property creators want to write over looking at it as a stepping stone where DC would be willing to invest more talent on it.
    Creators have always wanted to write Nightwing. It’s DC who refused to “waste” big names on Dick and instead insisted on putting them on Batman. Waid’s Daredevil run started as a pitch for Nightwing but DC didn’t want to put a “big name” like Waid on a book like Nightwing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/