Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    So me being a fan of Wanda and willing to admit that what she did deserved some form of punishment takes away from the fact that mutants are making light of life. Even though there are still possibly thousands of mutants who have to go through the Crucible. So the number of mutants is still high, may not be an original million though it’s close.
    Yes, you being a fan of Wanda does take away from your opinion. Mutants are not making light of life they are making light of death. Also Wanda doesn't need just a form of punishment she needs to die for at least 20 years. She cannot be forgiven but at least it is easier to let go of resentment of dead people since they no longer exist.
    Last edited by Cykewasright; 08-03-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I imagine them....

I mean not buy you do you...lol jk But it wouldn't just be 'another mutant' but someone close that had been mutilated by the Pretender Soooo if I was on KraKoa and my brother got Depowered I wouldn't act surprised if he asked me to do the crucible with him. And besides Storm ripped the fvckin heart outta teenaged Marrow. Not sure she's above getting bloody for the greater good
    As explained above, Storm initially declined, and the Fenris Twins showed up to kill Callisto instead.

Which is really curious, because I don’t think the Fenris Twins would have had many qualms about killing, with or without the Crucible. And aren't some posters throwing shade at a human organization for working with them?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 08-03-2021 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cykewasright View Post
    Yes, you being a fan of Wanda does take away from your opinion. Mutants are not making light of life they are making light of death. Also Wanda doesn't need just a form of punishment she needs to die for at least 20 years. She cannot be forgiven but at least it is easier to let go of resentment of dead people since they no longer exist.
    Life and Death go hand in hand. Treating death like it’s not something to take serious even though you can comeback is seeing life as cheap and acting like it’s a dime a dozen. To egg someone on to get killed like DJ did Pixie shows that their life is something they can throw away just for cheap thrills. Eternals have a similar system yet they treat death with respect as they do with their lives and lives of others. What is Wanda being dead for 20yrs going to do really. It was 20 years for us but only 1 to 2 years in universe.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 08-03-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Spectacular Member

Life and Death go hand in hand. Treating death like it’s not something to take serious even though you can comeback is seeing life as cheap and acting like it’s a dime a dozen. To egg someone on to get killed like DJ did Pixie shows that their life is something they can throw away just for cheap thrills. Eternals have a similar system yet they treat death with respect as they do with their lives and lives of others. What is Wanda being dead for 20yrs going to do really. It was 20 years for us but only 1 to 2 years in universe.
    I don't think death is something to take serious and the value of life is relative. Having a opportunity to die and experience death through the Crucible and choose to be reborn in optimal condition would be a wonderful experience I wouldn't even hesitate. Wanda being dead 20 years will allow characters enough time to let go of the resentment. It is hard to let go of resentment to people when they are still alive but it is a lot easier once they die.
    Last edited by Cykewasright; 08-03-2021 at 08:14 AM.

I don't think death is something to take serious and the value of life is relative. Having a opportunity to die and experience death through the Crucible and choose to be reborn in optimal condition would be a wonderful experience I wouldn't even hesitate. Wanda being dead 20 years will allow people to let go of the resentment it is hard to let go of resentment to people when they are still alive but it is a lot easier once they die.
    Death is always something to take serious and each life has value for each is full of potential for wonderful things. What’s the point of experiencing something you can’t even remember. At least Eternals remember how they died and how it felt mutants can’t. Those memories are important for true growth. Though I respect your opinion on the view. Wanda being dead for 20 years won’t change people’s feelings about her that’s plainly clear. If we are talking about characters in comics M-day was 1-2 years for them, Wanda ain’t gotta be dead for at least 3-6 months.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 08-03-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Spectacular Member

Death is always something to take serious and each life has value for each is full of potential for wonderful things. What’s the point of experiencing something you can’t even remember. At least Eternals remember how they died and how it felt mutants can’t. Those memories are important for true growth. Though I respect your opinion on the view. Wanda being dead for 20 years won’t change people’s feelings about her that’s plainly clear. If we are talking about characters in comics M-day was 1-2 years for them, Wanda ain’t gotta be dead for at least 3-6 months.
    M-Day being 1-2 years ago is inacurrate. M-Day happened in 2005 which is 16 years ago. 4 years real world time is 1 year in Marvel time so M-Day happened 4 years ago in the comics.

M-Day being 1-2 years ago is inacurrate. M-Day happened in 2005 which is 16 years ago. 4 years real world time is 1 year in Marvel time so M-Day happened 4 years ago in the comics.
    Okay, 4 years then that’s still short of 20 years though I’m wondering how you got that calculation. Wanda being dead for over a decade still won’t change how people feel towards Wanda. The characters would have to know the whole story of what happened that led up to M-Day. Most mutants believe she was knowingly trying to commit genocide when she wasn’t even in her right mind. Should they hate her after knowing everything that occurred before and after they have every right to. Her death gives the characters time to reflect on how she has been portrayed in their culture to how Wanda truly is.

BANNED

The Scarlet Supremacist.

She'll turn everyone Roma. Have fun.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDEMONIUM View Post
    The Scarlet Supremacist.
    Name calling, a tactic very much lacking in any intellectual substance needed for a conversation.

Spectacular Member

Okay, 4 years then that’s still short of 20 years though I’m wondering how you got that calculation. Wanda being dead for over a decade still won’t change how people feel towards Wanda. The characters would have to know the whole story of what happened that led up to M-Day. Most mutants believe she was knowingly trying to commit genocide when she wasn’t even in her right mind. Should they hate her after knowing everything that occurred before and after they have every right to. Her death gives the characters time to reflect on how she has been portrayed in their culture to how Wanda truly is.
    I got this calculation by keeping track of Rahne's age. In New Mutants volume 1 that published in 1982 Rahne was 14, in New X-Men Academy X published in 2004 she is 19.

I got this calculation by keeping track of Rahne's age. In New Mutants volume 1 that published in 1982 Rahne was 14, in New X-Men Academy X published in 2004 she is 19.
    Okay. Glad to now where my mistake was made.

BANNED

If they’re trying the rEdemPtiOn aRc for the Scarlet Narc, They need to bring back her old Karen haircut and take it from there. MAKE HA SUFFA or they can KEEP IT!

Quote Originally Posted by PANDEMONIUM View Post
    If they’re trying the rEdemPtiOn aRc for the Scarlet Narc, They need to bring back her old Karen haircut and take it from there. MAKE HA SUFFA or they can KEEP IT!
    If that’s you idea of suffering, okay. I’d just thought you’d go in a little bit harder.

Wanda needs to be forgiven. Relations with the X-Men should be normalized in exchange for Wanda compensating them in some way.