Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man
    I believe that is being collected in The Amazing Spider-Man volumes.

I really enjoy the Epic Collection line. The volumes tend to come out in weird random order but it doesn't matter as long as everything is collected eventually. The Marvel Masterworks line also has some stuff collected that isn't available under the Epic banner so far.

Captain Britain and Blade are the first things that come to mind as far as wishlist releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wing View Post
    Yes, definitely.

In fact, there entire 90s run of Marvel UK books have yet to be collected (except for the Frontier stuff), so I would vote for these.
    Agreed. I would like some sort of collected edition of everything from Marvel UK, especially an epic collection of Death's Head.

Amazing Member

Since Marvel seems to have given up on Claremont X-Men omnibuses, I'd like to see the early JRJr run collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Idw owns the rom rights plus the micronouts rights however with marvel books getting made by idw i'm shocked they have not done a crossover trade of these books.

Reprinting the Rom series could be a Trademark nightmare because that book had so many Marvel owned guest stars throughout the run.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love to see Dazzler, the original Spider-Woman, the Savage She-Hulk runs collected.

Spectacular Spider-Man

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. I would like some sort of collected edition of everything from Marvel UK, especially an epic collection of Death's Head.
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Reprinting the Rom series could be a Trademark nightmare because that book had so many Marvel owned guest stars throughout the run.
    Possibly, but if they get together it can be done. Taking Death's Head as an example, in recent years he has been published by Panini (in their Marvel Heroes and Spider-man comics, and in reprints of old Marvel UK Transformers and Doctor Who strips), by IDW (in the Doctor Who classics series) and by Marvel (in various standard MU books).

All it takes is a little cooperation between publishers.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    When I heard about the new Death's Head series (which is bound sure to be collected, giving us - technically - a collected UK title!), I thought that it would be a great opportunity to cash in with a few classic trades, but I suspect that they don't hold too much hope for encouraging sales?

As much as I adore Marvel UK, I'm under no illusion as to how popular the characters and titles are, all told.

However, this would make their consideration for an epic collection quite high, I would guess.

Death's Head's original 80s run (plus 3 or 4 post-series appearances would fit in one Epic collection), as would the first series of Knights of Pendragon
    (athough, I believe both series have been released by Panini before).

Death's Head II would be a great choice: Never collected and the most popular Marvel UK titles of the 90s!
    Not to mention other titles that were springboards for popular artists of today (Larrocca on Dark Angel, Pacheco on Dark Guard, Gary Frank on Motormouth, etc) and some great writers too!

There are plenty of limited series that heavily featured DHII that could be put together (Battletide, Death3, Dark Guard. etc)

Finally, how about this for 'so mad, it might just work!'? For a number of series too short to fit into an Epic collection release, how about a run of collected series and name the title 'Overkill'? Like Digitek, Gunrunner, Plasmer, etc.

Anyway...

Maybe a trade reprinting lesser know marvel heroes like captain universe, woodgod, dragon lord, tigra and others in their short stories and marvel spotlight like books.
    Speaking of tigra--

https://www.amazon.com/Tigra-Complet...s%2C155&sr=8-1

Didn't stop them from releasing the kiss comics with dr doom and dr droid and a second release of transformers with Spider-Man, nick fury, savage lands, circuit breaker and death head plus fantastic four and Godzilla name drops. IDW and marvel are in good terms right now.

Astonishing Member

Peter Parker/Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Marvel Team Up.
    Web of Spider-Man.
    Ghost Rider.
    Marvel Comics Presents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Peter Parker/Spectacular Spider-Man.
    Marvel Team Up.
    Web of Spider-Man.
    Ghost Rider.
    Marvel Comics Presents.
    Ghost Rider would be a top choice for me. But they're going to start releasing his stuff in the Masterworks format so I don't see an Epic Collection in his immediate future.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Master...s%2C167&sr=1-1

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Ghost Rider would be a top choice for me. But they're going to start releasing his stuff in the Masterworks format so I don't see an Epic Collection in his immediate future.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Master...s%2C167&sr=1-1
    Thank you for the info.
    I would surelly collect the Johny Blaze comic book of the Ghost Rider in the Epic collection as well,but firstly i would like to see the Ghost Rider of the 90´s comic book in the Epic Collection.
    Maybe that comic book will be in the Epic Collection.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 06-26-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I've been enjoying the Epic Collection line at Marvel. A series that collects an entire run including crossovers, mini series, graphic novels, and appearances in anthology titles is just what I want. The line started out with half a dozen titles, but has expanded since then. What titles would you like to see added? Keep in mind that the line has included shorter series (Iron Fist) and characters that have had multiple series over the years (Punisher, Black Panther).

I would love to see some lines collect past the original series and include follow up series like:
    Defenders - Collect the Dr. Strange and Solo Avengers appearances after the original series ended, then collect the 90s revival series by Busiek.
    Moon Knight - Collect the Marc Spector: Moon Knight series that started in the late 80s

And I would love to see the following series added to the line:
    Marvel Team Up
    Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man
    Web of Spider-Man
    Ghost Rider (original and 90 series)
    Power Pack
    Tomb Of Dracula
    Conan the Barbarian/King Conan (original Marvel series)
    She Hulk (all series)
    Solo Avengers/Avengers Spotlight
    Marvel Comics Presents
    Marvel Fanfare
    Captain Marvel
    Sub Mariner
    Alpha Flight

Any other suggestions?
    How can you do an Epic Collection without Dreadstar, one of the Epic lines most-fondly remembers series? And how about Warlock? Or the Silver Surfer?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    How can you do an Epic Collection without Dreadstar, one of the Epic lines most-fondly remembers series? And how about Warlock? Or the Silver Surfer?
    You could do Silver Surfer and Warlock ( Warlock has a few epic collections already) but Dreadstar is owned solely by Starlin. And he's not seeing eye to eye with Marvel these days.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Dreadstar would be hard. I am pretty sure it is totally creator owned by Jim Starlin and has actually been published by three different companies over its history. First Marvel Comics then First Comics and finally Malibu Comics.