Thread: My Brain Hurts

Default My Brain Hurts

Okay so I'm playing catch up on Superman and Action Comics. I just read Action Comics 978, the two Kents where just merged into one with the help of just, changing events from the new 52. So my question is, did the Final Days of Superman actually happen now? Has that event been undone?

Yes I know I'm behind on this since it happened last summer but I've got to know.

No, 'The Final Days of Superman' did not happen. For that there shall be two Supermen. But in this rewritten continuity there was only one Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    No, 'The Final Days of Superman' did not happen. For that there shall be two Supermen. But in this rewritten continuity there was only one Superman.
    That is what I was thinking but he referred to his 'Death" and what Lois must have felt when he "died".

That kind of sucks because I really enjoyed the Final Days of Superman. However this will not stop me from going back and reading it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gooch4011 View Post
    That is what I was thinking but he referred to his 'Death" and what Lois must have felt when he "died".

That kind of sucks because I really enjoyed the Final Days of Superman. However this will not stop me from going back and reading it again.
    He referred to the original 'Death of Superman'. The famous 1992 story where Superman dies fighting Doomsday. That story is in continuity.

And you are right. While it sucks to find a story you enjoy not being in continuity. But still it doesn't take one away from reading them again and again. There are so many really good stories which aren't in continuity anymore. Birthright for example.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-20-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    He referred to the original 'Death of Superman'. The famous 1992 story where Superman dies fighting Doomsday. That story is in continuity.

And you are right. While it sucks to find a story you enjoy not being in continuity. But still it doesn't take one away from reading them again and again. There are so many really good stories which aren't in continuity anymore. Birthright for example.
    Wow to be honest I forgot all about Death of Superman. Thank you for clearing all of this up!

Wow to be honest I forgot all about Death of Superman. Thank you for clearing all of this up!
    You are welcome. It happens once in a while. Feel free to ask any question about Superman. Preferably in the Superman section. This question had an easy answer. But a number of times a complicated question turns up and we need more people to clear that up. Happy reading!

Okay so I'm playing catch up on Superman and Action Comics. I just read Action Comics 978, the two Kents where just merged into one with the help of just, changing events from the new 52. So my question is, did the Final Days of Superman actually happen now? Has that event been undone?

Yes I know I'm behind on this since it happened last summer but I've got to know.
    I don't know where you left off but here is what's needed to catch up:

- Read Flashpoint to know how and why New52
    - Read Superman: Doomsday to know what happened to New52 Superman
    - Read Superman: Lois and Clark to know why there's still a Superman
    - Read DC Univers Rebirth to know why and how rebirth
    - Read Superman: Rebirth + Superman: Action Comics: Welcome To The Planet + Superman: Multiplicity + Superman: Reborn to know more about the 2 Clark Kents.

And you'll be ok !

Truth is, we really don't know what Superman remembers from his time being split. Wonder Women remembered her relationship with Clark in Rucka's WW run. I'm pretty sure that superwoman hinted at them remembering being split. This will probably never be fully clarified, and you can decide what they remember or not.