• Total Recal

0 0%
  • Evil Dead

0 0%
  • X-Men

9 15.25%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    I forgot to include Indiana Jones. I guess I blocked the last one out.
    Eh, the last one wasn't good, but wasn't bad either, just meh, nothing about it lends to much in either way. So is like 3 cool movie and one middle of the road film. Not a bad resume frankly
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

It's a toss up between Terminator and Die Hard. Die Hard 3 just undid everything the first two Die Hard movies did. Terminator they should have just left it at two movies.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

iMan 42s

Alien got progressively worse that it got it's head stuck up it's own ass in it's religious musings that outside the initial push for the Prequel aesthetic and story, they've only based it around Alien and Aliens since. It's a franchise that knows and gives the audience what it wants and proceeds to waste money on things that at the end of the day don't sell. What other franchise out there needs its own fanbase to develop short films to get people invested again?
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    What other franchise out there needs its own fanbase to develop short films to get people invested again?
    Star Trek.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Star Trek.
    I have no idea how I actually forgot about that. XD
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Star Trek.
    Honestly I think the Enterprise ruined Star Trek before anything Abrams or Discovery did. That show made Voyager look good.

220px-Tuvix.jpg

Honestly I think the Enterprise ruined Star Trek before anything Abrams or Discovery did. That show made Voyager look good.

220px-Tuvix.jpg
    Seasons 1 and 2 were on par with VOY IMO and Season 3 was better while Season 4 was genuinely a really great season best Trek since DS9. JJ Trek had issues but as its own thing Star Trek (2009) is pretty good with a few issues, Into Darkness is bad, and Beyond was really good I actually consider it one of the better Trek films.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    It's a toss up between Terminator and Die Hard. Die Hard 3 just undid everything the first two Die Hard movies did. Terminator they should have just left it at two movies.
    Terminator to me is a dead franchise and bringing back old lady Hamilton is not going to change that.

I actually like Die Hard 3 though. With that said 4 and 5 are just god awful pieces of garbage and was the beginning of the Bruce "just give me my damn check" Willis era of his movies.

220px-Tuvix.jpg
    I don't know; while I do think the other live action shows tended to be better in general, I don't think there's really that much wrong with ENT. It did need a couple years to find its feet and I think focusing on a small portion of the cast at the expense of the rest was a mistake, but they had some really good stuff in there and I think they handled the tricky nature of trying to make a modern prequel to a decades-old show with a huge mythology and one of the most unpleasable fanbases ever pretty well.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Seasons 1 and 2 were on par with VOY IMO and Season 3 was better while Season 4 was genuinely a really great season best Trek since DS9. JJ Trek had issues but as its own thing Star Trek (2009) is pretty good with a few issues, Into Darkness is bad, and Beyond was really good I actually consider it one of the better Trek films.
    I disliked season 3 most of all. I guess I couldn't get past the ridiculous opening scene premise of a race that wants to destroy the earth testing a prototype, and vastly underpowered, version of the weapon they plan to do it with, AGAINST THE EARTH, exposing themselves and their technology before they have the means to complete their goal.

I personally found season 1 to be the most engaging, and was sad they left so many stories unfinished.

Harry Potter. After the original 7 the only one people really love is fantastic beasts and where to find them. Both Cursed Child and Crimes of Grindelwald spilt the fans and Crimes got people to hate on JK rowling herself.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I know I'm in the minority but I voted Jurassic Park Franchise. I know Jurassic World did great at the Box Office but I thought they were horrible relaunches

I remember the first Jurassic Park having a good storyline and the thrills everybody had when the power went out and the T-Rex making his entrance. It was so well done

Jurassic World on the other hand I thought was so boring. I thought the plot was flat out stupid and the acting was shallow.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 06-18-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

-Terminator-When the best version post-the second film is a short-lived TV show, you've got problems.

-Alien-Everything post Aliens was bad.

-Jurassic Park-The first film is the only truly "good" one imo.

-Superman-I actually like MOS, but it is a flawed film and no of them have been able to live up to the original.

-Robocop-The original again is the only truly "good" one imo.

Die Hard is out because only the fifth movie is truly bad imo, none of the Indiana Jones movies are "bad" (although I don't care for Temple of Doom myself), Predator is out since only the last film was bad imo, Star Wars and Star Trek are just inconsistent, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    -Terminator-When the best version post-the second film is a short-lived TV show, you've got problems.
    Is the Sarah Connor Chronicles really that good? I never watched it, but always assumed there was a reason it was so short lived.

-Alien-Everything post Aliens was bad.
    Agreed, but as bad as the last two sequels are, nothing's as bad as the prequels. I can't believe they were thought up by the same guy who gave us the classic original. The hell went wrong with him? It's like George Lucas and the SW prequels, why do some directors feel the need when they get older to destroy their masterpieces with bad prequels?

-Jurassic Park-The first film is the only truly "good" one imo.
    Disagree, the first film is the only "great" film, but I feel the others are "good". Good merely seems bad when you compare it to great.
    Well, maybe 3 and JW:FK.

-Robocop-The original again is the only truly "good" one imo.
    Disagree, I think Robocop 2 is up there with the original. The rest though not so much.

Die Hard is out because only the fifth movie is truly bad imo, none of the Indiana Jones movies are "bad" (although I don't care for Temple of Doom myself), Predator is out since only the last film was bad imo, Star Wars and Star Trek are just inconsistent, etc.
    I'd put Crystal Skull up there for a bad Indy film (although I did enjoy the experience of watching it with my dad). I haven't seen the newest Predator yet, but I heard a lot of people didn't like it. What's your take on it?

Extraordinary Member

Terminator really should never have continued beyond the second movie. But nothing can take away from how good the first 2 movies are.

Die Hard movies were all good until the last one.

Indiana Jones - only the first movie is truly great. I even find Last Crusade to be deeply flawed. Crystal Scull is actually my second favorite movie in the franchise because I didn't go into it expecting another Raiders like I did with Temple of Doom and Last Crusade, so I wasn't disappointed like I was with the other 2.

X-Men gets my vote because it rose to prominence twice over the last decade and quickly crashed and burned both times, and now it's unclear when we'll ever see another X-Men movie.