Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Yeah, I mean its obvious how all these comments from the CW actors end with pushing Gustin for the role of movie Flash and Amell for movie GA. The Suicide Squad thing is merely a veil, they had 3 fricking seasons to do something with Deadshot and 2 with Waller , the only thing they ever did with Waller was bring her to drone something and Deadshot was reduced to being part of Diggle's non existent token story. They killed off Shrapnel and Bronze Tiger out of their own volition and they still have Cupid, it's really just an agenda for big screen contracts.
    Exactly. The Suicide Squad was hardly there on Arrow in the first place. Holland is truly butthurt if she thought for a second WB was going to call her for the DCEU.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Can't say I disagree. Seriously, I don't think the confusion would be THAT bad. Just make it clear these are two separate universes! But no, I guess killing off characters is the easier route...

And regarding this whole Marvel TV/film thing... WHY would the Marvel movies refer to the Netflix ones? The films deal with larger scale threats, so random crime lord's real estate plans I doubt crop up on the Avengers' radar. And Kilgrave is very easy to dismiss as a hoax, especially given how he went about erasing his existence. And that's not even getting into how weird it'd be to just bring these events up out of nowhere. Sure, I feel there were SOME slip-ups (I think a quick reference in Civil War would've been nice), but the point of the Netflix series is to be a part of the MCU, but to be THEIR OWN part of the MCU. The part where smaller things can be a bigger deal and they can behead people with car doors.

Now, Agents of SHIELD... yeah, pretty sure the movies give no fucks about that show. I mean, I stopped watching it years ago and haven't felt like I missed ANYTHING in the movies.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Penny pinching yes and yes he did help it get it running. However, it was because of Ike Perlmutter that we never received a proper female products based around the Marvel Heroines.
    Good point. Apparently Feige had to agree to the Inhumans movie in order to get Captain Marvel. Now Inhumans has disappeared and a Black Widow solo is in the conversation again ....
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

Of course, there's the big issue of quality. CW's shows are pretty mediocre, so it's probably the real reason the movie people don't want anything to do with it, but it's not like the movies are much better (or better at all).
    I think flash not mediocre,i think it's really good,even arrow overall is really good if you still count season 1 and 2.
    I will leave season 3 and 4 out of it because those two seasons are more controversial with fans on the internet and that will distract from my main point.
    As for legends of tomorrow i have not seen all of season 1 yet,but what i saw so far, the stories were stronger then bvs and mos.
    IZOMBIE is really good too,so i will not say it's mediocre.

Anyway in others words the cw comicbook shows are stronger in thier stories and character development then the current dc movies and on average many of the past dc movies.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-30-2016 at 01:08 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/arrows-wi...ts-out-8079268

As sources for quotes go, I think this passes muster.

Always read the original article, not just the tiny bits CBRnews quotes from it.
    Ha! I didn't realise there was a VIDEO

I thought Perlmutter was taken off of Marvel TV projects?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought Perlmutter was taken off of Marvel TV projects?
    Unless can provide something recent, nope. He and the rest of the creative committee are no longer involved with the film side; Feige, as the head of the film stuff, reports directly to Disney while Loeb, as head of TV stuff, still reports to Perlmutter.

I'd personally be delighted Perlmutter was out of the picture, but I don't think that's happened.

Extraordinary Member

By the way i see the mcu movies targeted for kids and adults
    and they are more serious then some
    folks think,more so the captain
    america movies and hulk movie.
    The mcu shows have stronger stories on average and stronger character development then the mcu movies.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-30-2016 at 01:35 PM.

DC always had this rule of who could use what.

The problem now is that they go around saying that there are different worlds like the comics. If there are different worlds then why are certain characters being cut off from use?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    I really do not understand all that crying from these Arrow actors especially since their show has become such a joke. WB gave them big time DC/Batman characters like Ra's al Ghul and Black Canary and they did nothing with them. In fact, Arrow shits all over these characters. So why Holland is not complaining about that hum ? Hypocrisy at it finest. And Arrow still has access to C,D listers so whats the problem ? No improvement for Arrow next season I can tell you that right now people. She knows it very well hence why she is trying to put the blame on WB and not hacks like Marc Guggenheim. As long Marc Guggenheim is involved, I applaud these restrictions.
    This isn't directed at you specifically, but the general such posts that you have summed up so well.

Do you honestly think she or anyone involved thinks Arrow is a bad show? Or that any of them care about internet rage from a "fan" who clearly watches the show to get their weekly taste of vitriol (thus giving them ratings)? Or even that they scan these message boards hoping somewill finally get up the courage to annonymously post that their show sucks?

If there's any "Hypocrisy" here it is the fact that people who so clearly hate the show continue to watch it. If you hate it so much, stop watching, stop following links to articles about the show, in fact, forget that it exists. Shouting into the void is just wasting everyones time.

Also, i appreciate the irony of my post. Responding to posts i could ignore as easily as you could ignore the show. Just sick of these comment sections being so damn negative.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

By the way there are few mcu movies that do have a few references from mcu shows,but folks need rewatch or pay attention.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-30-2016 at 01:56 PM.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Also Tom Cavanagh was chiding Snyder's decision to not even give Grant Gustin the opportunity to audition for the role of the movie Flash.
    How exactly would grant film the 23 episode seasons of flash in Canada he is contracted for and also appear as the flash in a movie filming in the UK for five months?

These guys are primarily butthurt they aren't getting bigger spotlights in movies and act like wb owes them roles in blockbuster movies simply because they play a different version of the characters on tv.

When they signed on to play these characters I doubt there was a stipulation in their contract that said they also get to play the characters in any movie adaptation.
    Last edited by chamber-music; 05-30-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Eh I love Willa but honestly based on how subpar Arrow has been the past few seasons, I'm a little relieved they didn't get a chance to butcher Suicide Squad the way they butchered characters like Ra's Al Ghul with lame story arcs, pathetic action sequences, and corny generic dialogue. Also I get the feeling she hasn't been paying that much attention to the MCU/MTU connection. Part of her argument was that Grant and Stephen should've been in Justice League because of the connection the MCU has with the MTU but in reality that connection is not nearly as close as some fans like to brag about. In reality the MCU doesn't acknowledge the netflix shows at all and barely acknowledge the ABC shows. In fact AOS star Chloe Bennet even recently complained in an interview about how much the MCU is ignoring the MTU. Ya Coulson started out in the MCU but since he's been on AOS he hasn't been in a single movie and Peggy has only been in a few film scenes here and there(for good reason but still), nothing major since the first Captain America movie. We got Fury, Maria Hill, and lady Sif for an episode or two of AOS but again those seemed like one and done appearances nothing with any real substance that would lead over to any future films. No cameo appearances from a Thor, Iron Man, Black Widow, Captain America etc which would be the actual equivalent in importance/impact of a character like Flash being featured in both the tv shows and the films. Point is it seems a little hypocritical for Willa to use AOS as an example of the connection between the films and the tv shows when literally the biggest star of AOS recently complained about the lack of cohesiveness between the films and tv shows, if AOS was such a great example then the stars of the show wouldn't be complaining about how much the MCU is ignoring them lmao.
    Last edited by Prince of Dragonstone; 05-30-2016 at 02:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    You know what? She's actually right! Instead of DC thinking that TV somehow would dilute the power of their characters, they should see that it would actually have the opposite effect and make the movies and tv brands stronger. Embrace the multiverse! = more money which is what WB wants anyway right?
    Agents of SHIELD is a red-headed stepchild; Marvel Studios doesn't want any relation to it. Lol

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    By the way there are few mcu movies that do have a few references from mcu shows,but folks need rewatch or pay attention.
    Clue us in. I haven't noticed any.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!