Page 71 of 254 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 3801
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Honestly that idea doesn't sound totally stupid imo, depending on how they'd do it. I mean there's actual stuff in Greek myth that's far weirder/more bizarre than that. Also Marvel made a talking space-Raccoon work (somehow). I don't think that a talking tiger/lion/gerbil/ whatever is that far out after that.
    I don't even get why some reacted badly to that rumour?

WW hangs with animals yeah? She understands them pretty well, yeah?

Is it not possible that someone not fully up on her capabilities heard that she can communicate with a tiger, and took that as understanding that there literally is a talking tiger?

Besides even if there was a talking tiger, I think bring it on. I like Ferdinand and the gorillas that talked were pretty cool too. Also as you mention Rocket, he and Groot are my fave Marvel characters.

It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    she looks amazing

Ultimate Member

I wonder how long it takes her to put that costume on and off everytime? I've heard some horror stories from other CBMs in that regard.

Clark & Diana Whata Team! Super-Wonder's Avatar

BANNED

Do you guys know who will be the main villain/antagonist in this movie?

Ultimate Member

Nope, still unclear at this point. My theory is that it'll be Ares (and possibly Circe being involved as well). And looking around online, those seem to be the two most commonly brought-up options.

Some mention Cheetah, but I kind of see her more as a "present-day" villain, for a potential sequel.

Nope, still unclear at this point. My theory is that it'll be Ares (and possibly Circe being involved as well). And looking around online, those seem to be the two most commonly brought-up options.

Some mention Cheetah, but I kind of see her more as a "present-day" villain, for a potential sequel.
    Right? Kind of feels natural that a WW movie set during a War will have the God of War as the main villain. Cheetah as a modern day villain in a sequel makes sense to me too

Ultimate Member

Plus as soon as I heard that they'd cast Danny Huston, my immediate thought was "well he'd make a good Ares." He does also have previous experience playing Greek Gods after all. And Elena Anaya would make a great Circe I think.

Spectacular Member Virile Agitur's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    Devin Faraci

Cheetah has to be in the sequel. With Diana being an antiquities dealer in this universe, and Cheetah having the Barbara Minerva origin, it just spells Clash on some Indiana Jones levels of fun. It also opens the door for Diana to be in the entry into the mystical side of this universe. Showing a Nth Metal Mace, The Spear of Destiny, different things like that that maybe Diana has in her collection.

I hope they go with this.
    Last edited by richalex; 06-29-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    Richard Alexander

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    My guess no-one, I think the film is basically as Gal said a coming of age story, first act will all be Amazon stuff growing up etc second act will be her entering man's world and the third act dealing with the War. Honestly I am fine with that, something a bit different than the other CBM too.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Wonder View Post
    I could watch this forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    My guess no-one, I think the film is basically as Gal said a coming of age story, first act will all be Amazon stuff growing up etc second act will be her entering man's world and the third act dealing with the War. Honestly I am fine with that, something a bit different than the other CBM too.
    Oooo! I like this idea!

You're right that it would automatically set the WW movie apart from every other CBM to date. Furthermore? WWI is supposed to show Diana humanity at its worst. I could totally see her going into this conflict expecting to eventually find Ares or some other god or demon sitting on a throne somewhere, laughing as he/she/it beams "madness rays" into humanity's mind, causing them to act this way.

What a rude awakening it would be for Diana to learn that nope! There was no supernatural cause to this war. No one made humanity do this. They just did it to themselves.

I could see Diana encountering Ares near the end of the movie. She wraps him up in the Lasso and orders him to stop the war. He smiles at her and says "But Princess? I haven't caused this war at all. I'm just here to enjoy the show."
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Ultimate Member

I sincerely doubt that they'll do that. It took them, how long, just to finally make a WW film? So I don't seem going "well lets be fancy and new and not have any of her major villains in the film." They didn't do that for STM, or Batman 89, or MOS, or BB, etc? I just see them going "we HAVE to have one of her big rogues in here at least."

And honestly, I do think that a lot of fans would complain if they didn't have at least one major WW villain in here. Not all of course, but enough that it's just not worth the risk from WB's perspective.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

I sincerely doubt that they'll do that. It took them, how long, just to finally make a WW film? So I don't seem going "well lets be fancy and new and not have any of her major villains in the film." They didn't do that for STM, or Batman 89, or MOS, or BB, etc? I just see them going "we HAVE to have one of her big rogues in here at least."

And honestly, I do think that a lot of fans would complain if they didn't have at least one major WW villain in here. Not all of course, but enough that it's just not worth the risk from WB's perspective.
    Yeah, artistically it would be an interesting choice. From a business perspective, however? Not so much.

Although, my idea of Diana being confronted with the fact that WWI was not supernaturally instigated is still valid. Sure, maybe Ares (or Cheetah) (or Circe) is involved, but it would still be a real blow for Diana to learn that the war didn't have a supernatural cause.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--