Page 626 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636676726 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 15079

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    This is a good point.
    However only a movie wedding will cement this relationship and keep it free of X-office shenanigans.
    I could’ve seen them doing that if Chad was still living and manage to complete a trilogy with T’Challa. But sadly, fate had other plans.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I wouldn't even say it was a bet positive for T'Challa ad Storm didn't actually bring anything to the mythos. The franchise didn't see a sudden boon in sales or bee fans, in fact all it brought was toxic x fans over to constantly **** on the franchise with x writers participating in it as well and using every opportunity to undermine the marriage. Only one to receive a positive from it was Storm. T'Challa has had his franchise hijacked by her BS and it's at the point where it's simply a toxic relationship that T'Challa needs to be free of.

As you said, he was good without her for 40 years. He will be fine without her now. If anything, she seems overly reliant on the BP franchise since x writer's keep tying thing's with her back to Wakanda since they can't be bothered to actually develop her history and the BP franchise has done more building her story up in the last 15 years then x office has for her entire publication history.

Being apart of the mythos means that. The franchise would have some day over what happens to her, since that's obviously not the case she is more akin to a leech
    Unfortunate that x-men books became toxic to the rest of marvel universe, they love to crap on avengers/FF characters for no reason. Writers really like to indulge that, that why I stopped buying x-books.

I think best way is for Storm and Tchalla part ways because of that. No drama, just moving on

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Doubt it since all signs seem to point to Huerta playing Namor. Plus if Huerta was playing White Tiger, it would ultimately be a waste since he would be playing Hector Ayala, who gets killed off and his little sister takes over- oh. Oh no.
    I dont think this is impossible. Marvel is good keeping things under secret, who knows.
    Last edited by Writerblog; 07-23-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Storm will always be a part of Black Panther mythos its beyond silly to still complain about that.

This. I dont get why no one wants to except this but she is probably always going to be tied here. Ties like that are heard to just ignore for any significant time. Especially with the power boost they've both been given. A writer is going to have a hard time selling that any threat is legitimate to this guy when he's got the regent of sol as well as his own army on an intergalactic scale. Its something that simply has to be addressed.

Disappointed seeing people talk of dropping the book before a single issue even drops based on some covers and solicits of a character who, realistically, logically, has to show up in some fashion.

But to each their own. Im looking forward to it. That cover is awesome

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I wonder if Ridley has to tie up loose ends before kicking his run off, which is why we are seeing some of these story beats revisited.

I really don't think that he is going to punk T'Challa to Storm. The solicits give me hope. Plus it just doesn't make sense to have him get back with her. Ots been proven it won't work. I am going to, for now, trust what the solicits say and trust that we will see more Priest T'Challa and not T'Chumpa and give him a fair try (since he hasn't said anything that draws redflags) before I pass judgment. It's what we boast our fan group for doing and I'll be sticking to that claim.
    Man Marauders was the loose end lol. Storm effectively banished from Wakanda, the Krakoan gate destroyed, T’Challa a single man. All Ridley needed to do was give T’Challa some internal monologue in issue #1 that alluded to those events and kept it pushing. He didn’t need to return to this tired old story beat.

Unless of course he plans on having T’Challa punk Storm to show his resolve and bigger plot OR he’s gonna have T’Challa grovel and put them back together. The solicit looks promising but the history says the exact opposite and frankly I’m surprised we’re getting a retread so soon. I’d be less irritated if Ridley did the Storm thing after a few arcs but after billing this arc as a love story and now putting Storm front and center with a humbled T’Challa on the cover my enthusiasm is low and I’m pessimistic.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-23-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Really we should be blaming Hudlin but that’s a conversation for another time lol. I mean it’s crazy to me that Ridley had the chance to do probably anything he wanted with a new BP book and less than 5 issues in we’re back to **** from previous runs.

T’Challa and Storm, T’Challa in space, Wakanda losing faith, etc. Granted he’s added some Priest-like elements that should make his T’Challa approach these things different. He’s withholding information from his friends and family, he’s got a bigger plan in motion, and he has ulterior motives. But the fact we’re revisiting these beats to begin with is worrying and annoying. And there’s no telling how good he is at writing 5 steps ahead T’Challa that puts Wakanda above everything, especially when they keep pushing the book back lol.
    Ridley is a continuity junkie. He loves digging into past continuity, examining it, and using it. The Other History is all about that, he brought back Lucious Fox’s son from Pre-Crisis to be the new Batman, he referenced an old Pre-Crisis Superman story in his Red & Blue story. Stuff like this is nothing new for him. We’ll see what he does with the relationship but him touching it is unsurprising given his modus operandi.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gessela View Post

Ready and waiting for some good solid news from Black Panther 2.
    Eh, I think the pointed ears style looks better off-page than the sloped.
    I hope for BP2 they go back to the Civil War style mask.
    Last edited by Lord Morph; 07-23-2021 at 11:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ridley is a continuity junkie. He loves digging into past continuity, examining it, and using it. The Other History is all about that, he brought back Lucious Fox’s son from Pre-Crisis to be the new Batman, he referenced an old Pre-Crisis Superman story in his Red & Blue story. Stuff like this is nothing new for him. We’ll see what he does with the relationship but him touching it is unsurprising given his modus operandi.
    I don’t have an inherent issue touching on the relationship but this early on is surprising and with the current tensions that exist between them I’m disinterested. The last few years of BP storytelling has already centered Storm and wider Marvel publication has consistently sacrificed his characterization to put her on a pedestal.

So definitely not the most optimistic, especially when Ridley himself calls the first arc a love story and the cover shows T’Challa humbled in front of his ex. There are some things to be excited about but I’m not giving any writer save Thorne and Narcisse the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Black Panther.

I’m getting Coates flashbacks lol and all too often lately the worst thing that can happen with Black Panther content ends up happening. I’m coming in with an open mind but I’m not gonna support a book where T’Challa is portrayed as anything other than one of the smartest and most competent guys in the room, so hopefully despite returning to this tired story beat, Ridley manages to handle it well and prioritizes T’Challa as his lead. Because I think most of us are tired of T’Challa apologizing for who he is as a character and getting punked by the X-Men.

We have to be handcuffed to a toxic fan base and office because it was written in the stars? Storm's cool so just have it the way priest envisioned it. Let them do their own thing and he'll tap that every now and then and keep it moving. We aren't in here asking for BP to buy up krakoa stock and start making appearances in their books. That being said, Ridley could just be making his book feel connected to the rest of the MU. He'll prolly go there, handle his ish and bounce

I'll give it a chance... until I don't

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    Disappointed seeing people talk of dropping the book before a single issue even drops based on some covers and solicits of a character who, realistically, logically, has to show up in some fashion.
    And how are we different from all the OTHER fanbases who have dropped books on covers???

I don't see that New Warriors book anywhere-because folks threw fits about it before issue one.

She does NOT have to show up. Just like we don't see every Marvel hero popping up in every book because everyone is based in New York.

Folks tire of this because of the baggage that comes with it.

We have to be handcuffed to a toxic fan base and office because it was written in the stars?
    No-because we can all walk away if Marvel is going to act like that. There are other black heroes.

The one in Dakota, Michigan needs our support more that T'Challa. Since Marvel and DC owned black guys not named Miles keep having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t have an inherent issue touching on the relationship but this early on is surprising and with the current tensions that exist between them I’m disinterested. The last few years of BP storytelling has already centered Storm and wider Marvel publication has consistently sacrificed his characterization to put her on a pedestal.

So definitely not the most optimistic, especially when Ridley himself calls the first arc a love story and the cover shows T’Challa humbled in front of his ex. There are some things to be excited about but I’m not giving any writer save Thorne and Narcisse the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Black Panther.

I’m getting Coates flashbacks lol and all too often lately the worst thing that can happen with Black Panther content ends up happening. I’m coming in with an open mind but I’m not gonna support a book where T’Challa is portrayed as anything other than one of the smartest and most competent guys in the room, so hopefully despite returning to this tired story beat, Ridley manages to handle it well and prioritizes T’Challa as his lead. Because I think most of us are tired of T’Challa apologizing for who he is as a character and getting punked by the X-Men.
    Nah I totally get you, I feel the same way. I’d rather Storm not appear at all and we just move on and put the last couple years behind us. If Ridley handles it poorly or insists on making a Storm a big part of the book, I’ll probably jump off as well. But given the international politics focus he’s hyping with this run, T’Challa’s Ex who is now queen of Mars does feel like something he’d want to touch on at some point. Heh who knows, maybe Ridley is setting up Storm to be one of T’Challa’s foes?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah I totally get you, I feel the same way. I’d rather Storm not appear at all and we just move on and put the last couple years behind us. If Ridley handles it poorly or insists on making a Storm a big part of the book, I’ll probably jump off as well. But given the international politics focus he’s hyping with this run, T’Challa’s Ex who is now queen of Mars does feel like something he’d want to touch on at some point. Heh who knows, maybe Ridley is setting up Storm to be one of T’Challa’s foes?
    BP and Storm as rivals would be an interesting angle to take.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
    We have to be handcuffed to a toxic fan base and office because it was written in the stars? Storm's cool so just have it the way priest envisioned it. Let them do their own thing and he'll tap that every now and then and keep it moving. We aren't in here asking for BP to buy up krakoa stock and start making appearances in their books. That being said, Ridley could just be making his book feel connected to the rest of the MU. He'll prolly go there, handle his ish and bounce

I'll give it a chance... until I don't
    BP: "Hey, I just dropped by to say bye. Peace."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    And how are we different from all the OTHER fanbases who have dropped books on covers???

I don't see that New Warriors book anywhere-because folks threw fits about it before issue one.

She does NOT have to show up. Just like we don't see every Marvel hero popping up in every book because everyone is based in New York.

Folks tire of this because of the baggage that comes with it.

No-because we can all walk away if Marvel is going to act like that. There are other black heroes.

The one in Dakota, Michigan needs our support more that T'Challa. Since Marvel and DC owned black guys not named Miles keep having issues.
    The BP fanbase is probably one of the most scrutinized fanbases on this forum. At least on the Marvel Forum.

We get hit with all kinds of criticisms

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    BP and Storm as rivals would be an interesting angle to take.
    The Inhumans and Wanda fans want a word....

It has not worked out too well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Eh, I think the pointed ears style looks better off-page than the sloped.
    I hope for BP2 they go back to the Civil War style mask.
    Of the film masks, I preferred the Civil War style. For future masks, be it film or comics, I prefer the ears to be low, rounded and pinned back. This evokes an actual panther, and would strike more fear in those who dare to look upon him.