Page 62 of 148 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Oh I would be TOTALLY fine with that. I'm still convinced that Gaunt sent a fake Rachel back with Cable and our Rachel is still floating somewhere in the timestream.
    It would be funny if during their return to 616, current Rachel gets lost in timestream and goes back to pre Reloaded Rachel.
    It is pretty sad that past 15 years of a character can be summarised as - Rejoined X-men, Family dies, goes to space , comes back and rejoins the X-Men and then gets coma'd or mind-controlled

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I don't remember Rachel fully knowing that the X-men were alive until Days of Future Present. And she didn't tell anyone because of how Jean made her feel when she left at the end of it. So I disagree with the writer that Rachel knew about the remainder of the X-Men during Inferno.

I don't remember Rachel fully knowing that the X-men were alive until Days of Future Present. And she didn't tell anyone because of how Jean made her feel when she left at the end of it. So I disagree with the writer that Rachel knew about the remainder of the X-Men during Inferno.
    I think the problem is that DoFPresent was isolated from the Excalibur books. They had Rachel fly in on part 3. Young child Rachel appeared as Franklin's past manifestations through the four parter. I wish that the would revisit the relationship between Rachel and Susan Richards, it was definitely implied in the series that Susan looked after Rachel a lot after Jean died in the Philadelphia nuclear attack by Mastermind in the 811 universe. Rachel stayed with the Richards enough that her and Franklin played together a lot as children, and Franklin was 4 years older than Rachel in the 811 universe.

In a way, I actually wouldn't mind it if Rachel left the X-books for a little bit and joined the FF books for a little while, perhaps looking for familiar faces who she relates to. Obviously she is too old for 616 Franklin, but it would be interesting to see Rachel interacting with Susan and Reed and to explore what her relationship was with them in the 811 universe before everyone was attacked by the Sentinels.

The New Mutants were a-holes. They interacted with Kitty right after Inferno and failed to let her know that at least Piotr was alive. They learned that the rest of the X-men were alive when they became wards of X-Factor and still said nothing

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think the problem is that DoFPresent was isolated from the Excalibur books. They had Rachel fly in on part 3. Young child Rachel appeared as Franklin's past manifestations through the four parter. I wish that the would revisit the relationship between Rachel and Susan Richards, it was definitely implied in the series that Susan looked after Rachel a lot after Jean died in the Philadelphia nuclear attack by Mastermind in the 811 universe. Rachel stayed with the Richards enough that her and Franklin played together a lot as children, and Franklin was 4 years older than Rachel in the 811 universe.

In a way, I actually wouldn't mind it if Rachel left the X-books for a little bit and joined the FF books for a little while, perhaps looking for familiar faces who she relates to. Obviously she is too old for 616 Franklin, but it would be interesting to see Rachel interacting with Susan and Reed and to explore what her relationship was with them in the 811 universe before everyone was attacked by the Sentinels.
    She appeared in 3 of the 4 parts to that event. But I don't think the issue of the Excalibur not knowing that the X-Men were alive sooner is because of this event being outside of Excalibur. It mainly had to do with Rachel, i.e. the Phoenix. The inclusion of the Phoenix Force, or Rachel, to some of the broader planned out stories might have been problematic. Their slight inclusion in Inferno withstanding, having Excalibur jump into say X-Tinction Agenda or others might have things messy. Hence why they were sent on the Cross-Time Capers for the mid-teens to 30's of the books. Having Rachel be involved with this crossover and then have some dramatic and emotional moments for her made sure she'd keep quiet on her end.

Also while I might be remembering it wrong, I didn't get that Sue helped raise Rachel post Jean's death. It was certainly implied that the Summers' and the Reed's were close in that timeline due to having children around the same age. But i don't think that Sue raised Rachel, as it was made clear that Xavier had a strong hand in raising her once Jean was dead.

I don't disagree I'd like to see her outside the X-books but I don't think her being with the FF makes sense on the grounds of having interacted with the 811 Reeds. In my mind it further cements the idea that Rachel can't let go of the past and is hitching herself to people who she doesn't have a connection to in this timeline ...worse than how she approached Scott and Jean (which is regressive and problematic for her character).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The New Mutants were a-holes. They interacted with Kitty right after Inferno and failed to let her know that at least Piotr was alive. They learned that the rest of the X-men were alive when they became wards of X-Factor and still said nothing
    HA, yeah you're right. I forgot that they were in the know and absolutely chose not to tell Kitty. But it's Rachel fault because "reasons"....

When to previews come up for next week? I am anxious for this issue to come out....

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope she finally does something!
    Instead of just being mindcontrolled.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I would be ok if she goes Dark Phoenix for the last two issues and Stryfe tries to trick her into being his ally, especially if she is confused and her memories are mixed up initially so she doesn't remember who is friend or foe. At least she would have some agency, and it would make sense that everyone thinks she is a critical threat to everything. Having Dark Phoenix appear at that point in the Askani Timeline could result in massive repercussions going back to the Executioner's Song and other story lines. Regardless of anything else, if she is going to be sort of on Stryfe's side till the end I would prefer her to be Dark Phoenix. I actually want Stryfe to be scared of her, and worried that if he makes a wrong move with her when the Phoenix part of her wakes up that Dark Phoenix Rachel could possibly kill everyone including him. I want Stryfe to be genuinely afraid of Rachel, that would make me feel awesome.

I think my favorite resolution to all this would be Blaquesmith linking up with her and just showing her all his memories of working with Mother Askani until it restores her.

Seriously. I don't think I would like her still being a mess and thinking she's allies with Strfye. If her mind was so hard to control by the Krangs last issue, then I don't see why she wouldn't wake up with her memories intact. I don't think they are going to make her Phoenix given the release of Dark Phoenix tomorrow (I could be wrong), but I don't think Stryfe fears her in the least. He tossed her aside like garbage last issue so he sees her solely as a usable tool that poses no problems for him. Which given the way she's been written for the past 3 years is not an inaccurate statement sadly.

Incredible Member

I doubt that is going to happen until Hickman even then I doubt she will be doing anything under Hickman's X-Men.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I doubt that is going to happen until Hickman even then I doubt she will be doing anything under Hickman's X-Men.
    She is in one of the promos.
    Some characters seem to be weird mash ups of other characters, weirdly related. If they are going to use one for Jean it will probably be Rachel or Cable

Incredible Member

She is in one of the promos.
    Some characters seem to be weird mash ups of other characters, weirdly related. If they are going to use one for Jean it will probably be Rachel or Cable
    She is literally part of the background. I really doubt she has an actual role going forward. Other than maybe play second fiddle to Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    She is literally part of the background. I really doubt she has an actual role going forward. Other than maybe play second fiddle to Jean.
    Sad and likely true story. If she remains alive and a viable character to use in Hickman's vision I see her being as prominent as Karma might be. As I've mentioned at nausea, just because she's on the cover (and in her previous Phoenix garb) does not mean that she's actually in the book or series. Just concept art.

Sad and likely true story. If she remains alive and a viable character to use in Hickman's vision I see her being as prominent as Karma might be. As I've mentioned at nausea, just because she's on the cover (and in her previous Phoenix garb) does not mean that she's actually in the book or series. Just concept art.
    I think she ends X-Force as Phoenix but stays in the future as Mother Askani. She probably appears alongside Cable communicating with him from the future like she used to, so we will probably only ever see her as a supporting character for Cable going forward. It's possible she'll run support like Blaquesmith did, but always interact with him when he is at his base, maybe as a fully defined hologram transmitting from her location in the future.