Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They were actually still friends even at that point. They didn't want to hurt each other. And keep in mind it's fight between people in tights and half of them have names like Spider Man and Iron Man.
    You make a good point but if that's the case why not seek a better solution instead beating the life out of each other? I am also perplexed that Spider-Man got involved when he not only has no stake in the conflict but he isn't questioning why is he beating up the people he idolises so much?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    True but if you want it to be Civil War make it epic that's all I'm saying otherwise don't do it at all. Honestly there were other ways to avoid the fight though.
    They obviously did not want it to be a civil war. They like their characters alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They obviously did not want it to be a civil war. They like their characters alive.
    Sure but what about Infinity War it could be a blood bath of superheroes. But if they don't kill anyone then it's another pointless title.

BANNED

Sure but what about Infinity War it could be a blood bath of superheroes. But if they don't kill anyone then it's another pointless title.
    I'm not speculating about movies that aren't out yet.

Invincible Member

You make a good point but if that's the case why not seek a better solution instead beating the life out of each other? I am also perplexed that Spider-Man got involved when he not only has no stake in the conflict but he isn't questioning why is he beating up the people he idolises so much?
    Because people like seeing superheroes fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I'm not speculating about movies that aren't out yet.
    I know one guy but he's such angry man who is very dangerous I would not take it seriously.

Of course they do.

Isn't that the whole point of video games like Injustice 2? I swear reading comments by some people on some threads that is ALL they want in a superhero movie or TV show, characters fighting.
    Heaven forbid they talk to each other or do yucky things like kissing girls. (or boys)

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Isn't that the whole point of video games like Injustice 2? I swear reading comments by some people on some threads that is ALL they want in a superhero movie or TV show, characters fighting.
    Heaven forbid they talk to each other or do yucky things like kissing girls. (or boys)
    There is an assumption of punching happening when the characters wear tights, colorful boots, and capes, at least with the mainstream public. Any characters can talk or kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There is an assumption of punching happening when the characters wear tights, colorful boots, and capes, at least with the mainstream public. Any characters can talk or kiss.
    TO answer you about what you said to me about not reading certain comics I was just speaking more for those who care continuity I do care but I am not crazy.

Invincible Member

Any character can punch too. But again, the roots go back to the 60-70's...every third Marvel Comic had the heroes fighting each other first then teaming up.

TO answer you about what you said to me about not reading certain comics I was just speaking more for those who care continuity I do care but I am not crazy.
    Actually I was mocking your statement that Marvel and DC were tormenting their readers. Which they're not.

Any character can punch too. But again, the roots go back to the 60-70's...every third Marvel Comic had the heroes fighting each other first then teaming up.
    My intent was more towards the average movie-goer seeing a super-hero film and expecting Apple man and Cherry Woman joining the Berry Brigade and hitting others. The thought isn't that Apple Man and Cherry Woman would have a relationship, but fight someone, perhaps ever each other. Superman and Lois, Diana and Steve, and Spidey and MJ being exceptions.

Actually I was mocking your statement that Marvel and DC were tormenting their readers. Which they're not.
    Still it's not like there isn't some level of mental gymnastics required for one to get into their books. Which some say is also cause of their decline.