Page 259 of 280 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4192

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    So i just read Wolverine #57 by Hama/Silvestri, man that was a great issue. I'm still glad that Mariko is back, but i understood why it made some people unhappy.
    That was a great issue, but yeah I don't know if it was a great idea to bring her back. Brisson said it was the X-Men editors's idea and he had to make it worked.

I just want to see Logan reaction when he's going to see her again.

By the way speaking of old Wolverine stories, look who's showing up in OML 41 :

Full preview at the link :

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-man-logan-41/
    Last edited by Hush; 06-11-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    That was a great issue, but yeah I don't know if it was great idea to bring her back. Brisson said it was the X-Men editors's idea and he had to make it worked.

I just want to see Logan reaction when he's going to see her again.

By the way speaking of old Wolverine stories, look who's showing up in OML 41 :

Full preview at the link :

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...-man-logan-41/
    To be honest i don't mind if they gave us the chance to see Logan/Mariko in an actual relationship instead of constantly pinning for each other.

Bloodscream and Roughouse, i'm game for that, althought i thought than the latter turned over a new lead in the Archie Goodwin arc when Logan fought against some sort of ancient creature hidding on drugs.

Last time that i saw Bloodscream he was teaming up with Elsie Dee and Albert, those 2 are the most bizzarre characthers that i had seen in a while.

BANNED

To be honest i don't mind if they gave us the chance to see Logan/Mariko in an actual relationship instead of constantly pinning for each other.
    This is Marvel, don't hold your breath. Even if they DO get together, they'll come up with some stupidly hamfisted and convoluted plot to split them up because happy relationships don't make good stories /s

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    This is Marvel, don't hold your breath. Even if they DO get together, they'll come up with some stupidly hamfisted and convoluted plot to split them up because happy relationships don't make good stories /s
    Wich is sad because there are ways to work around it and make a good balance of storytelling and would be something different at least (is very weird to actually see Logan in a committed relationship), then again many witters like to write Logan as a womanizer or just preferring flings for understandable reasons (after the death of love interest #7 you kind of get cold feet). But well as long as we don't go into the Jean/Logan direction i would be happy.

Bloodscream and Roughouse, i'm game for that, althought i thought than the latter turned over a new lead in the Archie Goodwin arc when Logan fought against some sort of ancient creature hidding on drugs.

Last time that i saw Bloodscream he was teaming up with Elsie Dee and Albert, those 2 are the most bizzarre characthers that i had seen in a while.

Roughouse became a vilain again in Wolverine Vol.2 #123 by Tom Defalco for no apparent reason lol. Bloodscream appeared later during the Frank Tieri run and was controlled by Mauvais.

You're right Albert and Elsie Dee are really weird characters, I like them in Exiles though. Albert might be the closest comparison to X-24 (still very different though) and who knows maybe that's him in the Hunt for Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Unfortunately you might be right, I think it's Jordan White who said on twitter something along the line that healthy couples are bad for stories.

Roughouse became a vilain again in Wolverine Vol.2 #123 by Tom Defalco for no apparent reason lol. Bloodscream appeared later during the Frank Tieri run and was controlled by Mauvais.

You're right Albert and Elsie Dee are really weird characters, I like them in Exiles though. Albert might be the closest comparison to X-24 (still very different though) and who knows maybe that's him in the Hunt for Wolverine.

Unfortunately you might be right, I think it's Jordan White who said on twitter something along the line that healthy couples are bad for stories.
    Really? that's disappointing, i liked his redemption, i wonder how Bloodscream convince him to join him again, considering how much of a bastard he became after a while.

I also like how Elsi make Jubilee feel jelaous about her spending time with Logan, it was kind of funny.

Well at lest Jordan understand the core of Logan's character (unlike Peter Parker), so at the very least Logan might be on point for the most part.

Really? that's disappointing, i liked his redemption, i wonder how Bloodscream convince him to join him again, considering how much of a bastard he became after a while.

I also like how Elsi make Jubilee feel jelaous about her spending time with Logan, it was kind of funny.

Well at lest Jordan understand the core of Logan's character (unlike Peter Parker), so at the very least Logan might be on point for the most part.
    Maybe Roughouse was bored by his new life and Bloodscream just told him if he wanted to mess with Logan just like old times lol.

Yeah Jordan seems to really like the classic version of Logan and not the one we got in recent years, so that's great. We'll see what he's going to do next year after the Wolverine relaunch.

Maybe Roughouse was bored by his new life and Bloodscream just told him if he wanted to mess with Logan just like old times lol.

Yeah Jordan seems to really like the classic version of Logan and not the one we got in recent years, so that's great. We'll see what he's going to do next year after the Wolverine relaunch.
    Well, being beaten by Logan constanly was probably the hight point of their carreer, they want to go back to their glory days but now Logan is all old and saggy, it wasn't what they were expecting .

If he doesn't bring back the Jean/Logan/Scott triangle again (or Jean/Logan) i would be happy, growing up as a fan of Wolverine by the movies and cartoons i was always annoyed by it, i just wanted for Logan to moved on.

Well, being beaten by Logan constanly was probably the hight point of their carreer, they want to go back to their glory days but now Logan is all old and saggy, it wasn't what they were expecting .

If he doesn't bring back the Jean/Logan/Scott triangle again (or Jean/Logan) i would be happy, growing up as a fan of Wolverine by the movies and cartoons i was always annoyed by it, i just wanted for Logan to moved on.
    Yeah but they still gonna get their asses kicked by Logan lol.

I agree, it's just a stupid love triangle that make no sense anymore. After Scott and Jean got married, Logan moved on, he still loved her but that's it he's done. Morrison did a great job when Logan told her it would never worked between them.

Although I have to admit I really like Logan and AOA Jean together.

Yeah but they still gonna get their asses kicked by Logan lol.

I agree, it's just a stupid love triangle that make no sense anymore. After Scott and Jean got married, Logan moved on, he still loved her but that's it he's done. Morrison did a great job when Logan told her it would never worked between them.

Although I have to admit I really like Logan and AOA Jean together.
    Yeah, and old and saggy Logan at his 50% is still too much for then to handle .

The reason of why i don't like it, is because is usually the one that come across looking bad in that whole situation (even if it wasn't as bad as some people think) and i had serious doubts if Logan's feelings are healthy in the whole thing.

That being said i didn't read AOA, so maybe that could make appreciated it more.

Also ironically, i think that Morrison actually has a pretty good graps on Logan in spite of his poor charactherizations on Jean and Scott but that's just me.

Yeah, and old and saggy Logan at his 50% is still too much for then to handle .

The reason of why i don't like it, is because is usually the one that come across looking bad in that whole situation (even if it wasn't as bad as some people think) and i had serious doubts if Logan's feelings are healthy in the whole thing.

That being said i didn't read AOA, so maybe that could make appreciated it more.

Also ironically, i think that Morrison actually has a pretty good graps on Logan in spite of his poor charactherizations on Jean and Scott but that's just me.
    I agree Logan's feelings are not healthy at all, especialy after reading Origin lol. AOA is great especially the Weapon X mini by Hama and Kubert, also after reading AOA you should try Uncanny X-Force by Remender where the team take a trip to this universe.

I can see why people don't like Morrison's characterization of Jean and Scott especially if you're a Jott fan but he really did a great job with Logan.

I agree Logan's feelings are not healthy at all, especialy after reading Origin lol. AOA is great especially the Weapon X mini by Hama and Kubert, also after reading AOA you should try Uncanny X-Force by Remender where the team take a trip to this universe.

I can see why people don't like Morrison's characterization of Jean and Scott especially if you're a Jott fan but he really did a great job with Logan.
    If they use him remenbering Rose as a way to realize how much he was projecting on Jean and he decides to move on from his feeling about her, i would approve, is a development that i would like to see sticking (the chances of that happening are low, but dammit i can dream) Don't worry AOA is on the list, the one that you gave me .

As for Morrison, he is a mixed bag for me, he is an idea man and a great plotter (i would argue that he is up there with Alan Moore in that regard) but his dialogue and charactherizations usually left a lot to be desired, he tends to forget stablished parts of the characther when he wants to be dramatic, but his Logan is pretty on point, NXM #148 is among my favortie Wolverine stories.

I re-read Hunt for Wolverine (I want to say a two weeks ago), and I checked who was the hand that tells Logan "enough" it looks like a feminine hand. The funny part that Soule just confirmed that the mini will have a new villain and its a women. So, I went back and checked (again). I'm pretty she was the one who resurrected him.

If they use him remenbering Rose as a way to realize how much he was projecting on Jean and he decides to move on from his feeling about her, i would approve, is a development that i would like to see sticking (the chances of that happening are low, but dammit i can dream) Don't worry AOA is on the list, the one that you gave me .

As for Morrison, he is a mixed bag for me, he is an idea man and a great plotter (i would argue that he is up there with Alan Moore in that regard) but his dialogue and charactherizations usually left a lot to be desired, he tends to forget stablished parts of the characther when he wants to be dramatic, but his Logan is pretty on point, NXM #148 is among my favortie Wolverine stories.
    I love Morrison, he's my favourite writer so I'm a little biased in regards to his New X-Men work lol. But yeah NXM #148 is really beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I re-read Hunt for Wolverine (I want to say a two weeks ago), and I checked who was the hand that tells Logan "enough" it looks like a feminine hand. The funny part that Soule just confirmed that the mini will have a new villain and its a women. So, I went back and checked (again). I'm pretty she was the one who resurrected him.
    It's indeed a new villain, Soule said in the recent Marvel podcast her motivations will be revealed during the Hunt. She also has a unique powerset and an unique worldview that hasn't been done before.

Either she resurrected him or she used his DNA to create something, because I can't believe the Wolverine we saw in the Hunt and the one in Legacy/Where is Wolvrine/Infinity Countdown are the same person lol.

For anyone interested in Logan's return I did a summary of the Marvel podcast with Charles Soule in The return of Wolverine thread
    Last edited by Hush; 06-12-2018 at 06:05 AM.