Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon

Astonishing Member

Default Sailor Moon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Ft3viBgtQ#t=75

Had no idea they were remaking this until today. Ashamedly, I'm actually kinda looking forward to this haha. I used to always watch this and DBZ back to back as a kid, but I have no idea if this show still holds up at all.

BANNED

Sailor Moon helped me get through puberty.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post

Had no idea they were remaking this until today. Ashamedly, I'm actually kinda looking forward to this haha. I used to always watch this and DBZ back to back as a kid, but I have no idea if this show still holds up at all.
    From what I here, this new show will be based more on the manga source material than the original show was.

Also, they are currently releasing a complete redub of the original series with Better Voice acting and fewer edits. New episodes stream every monday

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    From what I here, this new show will be based more on the manga source material than the original show was.

Also, they are currently releasing a complete redub of the original series with Better Voice acting and fewer edits. New episodes stream every monday
    Awesome. Who's doing it?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Awesome. Who's doing it?
    the websites are Hulu and Neon Alley

So excited for the new series. I'm not a huuuge fan of the faces of the characters, but I think they'll grow on me. And really, any Sailor Moon is good Sailor Moon, IMO.

BANNED

Kingmyth, why did you post a pic like that?

Sailor Moon is one of my all time favorite series. It got me into anime way back when and I still enjoy watching the old anime and reading the manga. Not to mention the live action series they made for it about ten years ago. I cannot wait to see Sailor Moon Crystal and how this new retelling will be. I just hope they get past the Dark Kingdom saga, as I would love to see the full series redone for a more faithful adaption of the manga.
    Thennary Speaks - Video reviews for comic books, anime & manga, J-pop and other topics

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Rereading the comics with my younger students, who're very enthused that this "really old" thing is being remade.

Thankfully, I fully enjoyed the live action version, so I have no "can they do it again"/"is it just nostalgia" fears.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Sailor Moon always gave me mixed emotion. I watched it a bunch when it came on before DBZ. and although after a few episodes it got kind of repetitive and Sailor Moons daughter from the future was kind of weird, show still held my interest for a while. Not sure if it was the attractive leads or the whole spinning transformations but there was something enticing about this show when I was a kid.

Not sure if I will be watching. Hopefully this isn't just lipservice like DBZ Kai which essentially is the same animation as the original anime, but removes the awesome music (which was 35% of the reason the funimaiton dub was so successful) and heavily edits the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Rereading the comics with my younger students, who're very enthused that this "really old" thing is being remade.

Thankfully, I fully enjoyed the live action version, so I have no "can they do it again"/"is it just nostalgia" fears.
    wait wait wait...WHAT?!?!!?

live action version!?!?!!?

also what class do you teach?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Sailor Moon always gave me mixed emotion. I watched it a bunch when it came on before DBZ. and although after a few episodes it got kind of repetitive and Sailor Moons daughter from the future was kind of weird, show still held my interest for a while. Not sure if it was the attractive leads or the whole spinning transformations but there was something enticing about this show when I was a kid.

Not sure if I will be watching. Hopefully this isn't just lipservice like DBZ Kai which essentially is the same animation as the original anime, but removes the awesome music (which was 35% of the reason the funimaiton dub was so successful) and heavily edits the fights.

wait wait wait...WHAT?!?!!?

Yeah back in 2008 they made a live action show in Japan.

79ap20101030180510.jpg

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

I teach mostly university, but I also do some reading classes at a local children's library.

And, the live action was great. It's still very much a kids' show, but fun. There was no official English-language release, but fansubs aren't hard to find.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Growing Up Their where many Super-Hero and Action Adventures shows threw the late 80's and the 1990's on TV that I Really Enjoyed:

Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, Voltron, Spider-Man Animated 90's Series, X-Men Animated 90's Series, Captain Planet, He-Man, Thundercats, Go-Bots, Power Rangers, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Adam West 1960's, Even WWF was like a Super-Hero show if you know the Era I am talking about indeed. MANY more too I can't think of right now, but indeed it was an Great Era of TV Heroes!

Sailor Moon, was a Rank Above Them!

Sailor Moon was a Epic Story and a Episode by Episode Adventure that was nothing like I had seen before or really nothing that has come since. It was like Power Rangers in allot of the Good Ways, no Giant Robots sadly, but it had more then that. The Characters, The Scouts, Serena(Usagi Tsukino), Amy(Ami Mizuno), Rei( Rei Hino), Lita(Makoto Kino) & Mina (Minako Aino), where some of the most well likable, unique, one of a kind and evolution to characters I had ever seen on a show. The Balance between Action, Suspense, Drama and Romance I had never seen before and indeed even as I kid I knew this was more powerful and felt more Real then any other show on that time. Sailor Moon Got Much Better with the Japaneses Sub Episodes and Music with it that was Amazing and Made the Show into a PowerHouse of the Anime and Super Hero worlds!

Sailor Moon is an EPIC that Deserves it Place in the Halls of Super Heroes and Hero Teams alongside those of The Avengers, X-Men and Justice League, a Team All their Own!

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post

To see the Show Now getting a Remastered Version, one that is said to Go with the Manga more is indeed Very Interesting and the Trailer Leaves nothing less then Great Hype, The Studio did it well indeed with this Trailer!

In Less then a Week it has Earned 5.4 Million Views on You Tube, that IMO showing the Shows Strength and Fandom, indeed great to see a Classic Appreciated So Well.

Anime IMO is the Gold Standard Now of Remastering Series; Hellsing Ultimate, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Evangelion 1.11, 2.22 & 3.33. I have Confidence that this Remastered Version of Sailor Moon will be indeed Great as well Too, being a Series in and of its own right and not taking away from what has come already.
    Last edited by CJStriker; 01-08-2016 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Image Fix.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Growing Up Their where many Super-Hero and Action Adventures shows threw the late 80's and the 1990's on TV that I Really Enjoyed:

Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, Voltron, Spider-Man Animated 90's Series, X-Men Animated 90's Series, Captain Planet, He-Man, Thundercats, Go-Bots, Power Rangers, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Adam West 1960's, Even WWF was like a Super-Hero show if you know the Era I am talking about indeed. MANY more too I can't think of right now, but indeed it was an Great Era of TV Heroes!

Sailor Moon, was a Rank Above Them!

Sailor Moon was a Epic Story and a Episode by Episode Adventure that was nothing like I had seen before or really nothing that has come since. It was like Power Rangers in allot of the Good Ways, no Giant Robots sadly, but it had more then that. The Characters, The Scouts, Serena(Usagi Tsukino), Amy(Ami Mizuno), Rei( Rei Hino), Lita(Makoto Kino) & Mina (Minako Aino), where some of the most well likable, unique, one of a kind and evolution to characters I had ever seen on a show. The Balance between Action, Suspense, Drama and Romance I had never seen before and indeed even as I kid I knew this was more powerful and felt more Real then any other show on that time. Sailor Moon Got Much Better with the Japaneses Sub Episodes and Music with it that was Amazing and Made the Show into a PowerHouse of the Anime and Super Hero worlds!

Sailor Moon is an EPIC that Deserves it Place in the Halls of Super Heroes and Hero Teams alongside those of The Avengers, X-Men and Justice League, a Team All their Own!

To see the Show Now getting a Remastered Version, one that is said to Go with the Manga more is indeed Very Interesting and the Trailer Leaves nothing less then Great Hype, The Studio did it well indeed with this Trailer!

In Less then a Week it has Earned 5.4 Million Views on You Tube, that IMO showing the Shows Strength and Fandom, indeed great to see a Classic Appreciated So Well.

Anime IMO is the Gold Standard Now of Remastering Series; Hellsing Ultimate, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and Evangelion 1.11, 2.22 & 3.33. I have Confidence that this Remastered Version of Sailor Moon will be indeed Great as well Too, being a Series in and of its own right and not taking away from what has come already.
    I can't wait too! i liked SM since high school and i thought some of the chicks were hot like Mars who i think is the hottest chick on SM.