Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I think the specific moment in the issue may be off but I understand Logan's POV (and generally agree with much of it when I'm not being buffeted by 'what about the good [majority]??' complaints in the face of genocide or horror). I just view it as a carry-over from the convo last issue. There's a lot more nuance to my politics IRL than when I read funnybooks, but even here I think Logan is just the counterbalance to Quentin. That's all I've got on that.

And I'm not going to claim, even by the standards of performative CBR drag, that Logan or these pages smack of Charlottesville. As a gay Jew who's so glad his grandparents are already dead and gone in the wake of incidents like that (or after their own local synagogue got shot up) that's a bridge too far for me. YMMV.
    I am just glad this is solid discussion with some substance ,I mean it is better convo than X23 who is about 20 can learn from Kwannon who is about maybe 27( and missing maybe 3 or 4 years in world time) or why is Glob still in X-books.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I am just glad this is solid discussion with some substance ,I mean it is better convo than X23 who is about 20 can learn from Kwannon who is about maybe 27( and missing maybe 3 or 4 years in world time) or why is Glob still in X-books.
    Who's smack talking Glob?

I’m confused what people aren’t liking about wolverine’s dialogue here. I agree with him.

And we’ve seen normal decent humans in many issues so I don’t buy that “all in 616 are bad.” Thays just what we see because we’re getting the point of view of superhero who by nature are going up against the evil ones.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Interesting. Very disgusting with Domino, that's horrifying and I'm almost amazed it's in a mainstream comic

Good to know Logan's dumbass "Think what Chuck would want young man" had absolutely no effect on Quire at all. Haha ... shaking head at Logan.

Wondering what's showing up in that final panel, I ASSUME some kind of robot or sentinel?
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I’m confused what people aren’t liking about wolverine’s dialogue here. I agree with him.

And we’ve seen normal decent humans in many issues so I don’t buy that “all in 616 are bad.” Thays just what we see because we’re getting the point of view of superhero who by nature are going up against the evil ones.
    I don't think anyone on here feels all 616 humans are evil, most are jyst being sassy, as a lot I people don't sermm to understand your point that in a good vs evil comic the hero's are gonna be going up against the worst of society. However considering Domino's A person Wolverines has been intimate with is lying in a Vat with half her body flayed, and her eye gouged out. His comments are tacky AF and insulting to Domino
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Interesting. Very disgusting with Domino, that's horrifying and I'm almost amazed it's in a mainstream comic

Good to know Logan's dumbass "Think what Chuck would want young man" had absolutely no effect on Quire at all. Haha ... shaking head at Logan.

Wondering what's showing up in that final panel, I ASSUME some kind of robot or sentinel?
    I'm putting my box of jellybeans on it being big homie that was administering the genetic test to make sure no one in attendance was a mutant back in the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I don't think anyone on here feels all 616 humans are evil, most are jyst being sassy, as a lot I people don't sermm to understand your point that in a good vs evil comic the hero's are gonna be going up against the worst of society. However considering Domino's A person Wolverines has been intimate with is lying in a Vat with half her body flayed, and her eye gouged out. His comments are tacky AF and insulting to Domino
    I think 90-95% of humans in 616 are either cartoonishly evil or simply don't care. That's what the reader has been shown since the X-Men's inception and it has only gotten worse over time. When the government is openly ordering mutants to report for mandatory vaccines that will permenantly remove their powers or be publicly executed, there isn't a whole lot to be said.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I'm putting my box of jellybeans on it being big homie that was administering the genetic test to make sure no one in attendance was a mutant back in the first issue.
    Hmm. So that dude we're assuming is also modded? To present some type of a threat to Wolvie?

This whole situation does bring to mind how quirky Domino's mutation is. It's either blatantly OP (Like the movie version) or it doesn't actually help anywhere near enough (like in XForce 1)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This looks great. The deadliest person in the room is still the voice of reason. Not many people get to make that statement in that scenario and not sound like a completely ignorant fool, Logan's history backs up his words. This book looks to continue to be the best of the relaunch.
    Honestly, I think I might drop Marauders and pick up this for Logan's perspective alone...(very tempted!)

Hmm. So that dude we're assuming is also modded? To present some type of a threat to Wolvie?

This whole situation does bring to mind how quirky Domino's mutation is. It's either blatantly OP (Like the movie version) or it doesn't actually help anywhere near enough (like in XForce 1)
    I think the point is she needs to do something for her powers to kick in (she can't just stand there and people start tripping and breaking their necks). Immobilize her and she's virtually helpless long enough for you to hurt her, I think.

On that, I don't even know.

That introduction involved some "Classic Coke" villain possibly shooting his mouth off. On the other hand, the guy in question could be a legitimate heavy or someone who just isn't afraid of getting into one he might not be able to win.

Great preview. Great art.
    Poor Domino. Wow, B. Percy is not kidding, I gasped when I saw it.
    Love that Logan is the voice of reason here against QQ rasist slur. Logan experienced it all, the best and the worst, done by humans and mutants.
    I love how Cassara's art supports Logan's words . The best: compassion, it is all in Logan's bodylanguage and the worst.....I am expect him to go totally bersecker on whatever is causing the shadow. He will do what he is best at to those people responsible for Dominos situation, and he will do this without mercy. This scene can also be interpret as a vow. But his fury will be directed.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 12-06-2019 at 02:19 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Thunderbird View Post
    If mutants are this powerful, why are still a persecuted minority? Can't they simply overpower all human resistance and seize the world themselves at this point?
    Because that's the difference between Humans and Mutants. Humans will always try to wipe mutants out.

Great preview. The only quality DOX book.
    Completely agree with Wolverine.

Quentin Quire is more popular now he is CBR poster-lite. Are there only two pages or is newsarama doing that thing again where their page viewer hates me.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules