Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    Two thoughts for you guys:

1) The O5 wouldn't disappear from the timeline if they're eventually sent back to the same point in time from which they were taken. So the O5 they saw when going back in ANXM #19 could be their "future selves" after they go back to the original point in the timeline.
    Nope too changed now. Look at Beast for starters!

Quote Originally Posted by XCE View Post
    2) Marvel are clearly making this stuff up as they go. Just like the case was with "what did Cyclops do that was so bad?" they kind of just made things up as they went along.
    Well we know that is how comic continuity works don't we? You pitch stories to editors in broad outline, then you pretty much have to get on with making it up as you go along. Sure it rankles when we are lead to believe Cyclops went full on villain and then we don't get any evidence of that, but Marvel have been writing themselves into corners with the Inhumans for quite some time now and hopefully we can now put that whole idea behind us and move on.

The "timelocked O5" as written by Bendis (with Cyclops' old and new being linked in death) was probably supposed to go in another direction entirely, but he was ripped unceremoniously from that book and supposedly put on Iron Man to "make Tony like the movies" which was either a bare faced lie or plans have utterly changed with Civil War II.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 03-31-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Interesting read this one. Between this and Prime I see striking thematic similarities to early issues of x-factor vol 1including:
    -Scott in a terrible place mentally
    -Jean turning up after a long absence
    -Awkwardness between Jean and Scott
    -Warren seeing an opening with Jean
    -The team deciding to remain separate from the rest of the x-squads

I suppose this could be coincidental. Regardless I agree with some others here that Jean was the secret sauce this book was missing up to this point. I'm so not looking forward to the S\J\W triangle but I suppose this is just history repeating. Makes Jean's line about "looking forward" ironic I think.

Gold and Blue could've easily been called Uncanny X-Men and X-Factor, couldn't they? They're basically relaunches of the 1980s versions of those books, despite the supposed 90s nostalgia!

Astonishing, Generation X, and Weapon X are the 90s nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Warren is still with Laura. I don't think Cyclops needs to worry about Warren when it comes to Jean.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Gold and Blue could've easily been called Uncanny X-Men and X-Factor, couldn't they? They're basically relaunches of the 1980s versions of those books, despite the supposed 90s nostalgia!
    Gold and Blue could've easily been called Extraordinary X-Men and All New X-men, couldn't they? They're basically relaunches of the 2015 versions of those books, despite the supposed 90s nostalgia!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Warren is still with Laura. I don't think Cyclops needs to worry about Warren when it comes to Jean.
    Prime seems to be hinting otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Prime seems to be hinting otherwise.
    I heavily dislike love triangles for obvious reasons but I have to say one of the worst was the Legend of Korra. I couldn't watch the show afterwards. I don't know what to say for upcoming blue. :/
    Honestly Laura and Warren only work when Taylor does it. Even then its more platonic.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

I don't think that Scott will be part of the triangle because didn't Bunn say or hint that the whole Scott/Jean thing was done and that he was going in a new direction, to then have Scott and Jean back into a romantic triangle would just be a retread and get old pretty quick...

I honestly think it's Scott, Jean, and that Ultimate Wolverine dude I know nothing about. I think Jean just thinks she's all that and assumed Warren did what he did cause who wouldn't for Jean? Lol. Not saying it's true, but I think Jean thinks very highly of herself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I heavily dislike love triangles for obvious reasons but I have to say one of the worst was the Legend of Korra. I couldn't watch the show afterwards. I don't know what to say for upcoming blue. :/
    Honestly Laura and Warren only work when Taylor does it. Even then its more platonic.
    Did you see the recap episode in season 4 of Korra? Mako cops a lot of flak for being a bad boyfriend, and Unalaq is thoroughly and completely discredited as a decent Big Bad. Both Airbender and Legend of Korra did great recap episodes. Don't just stick the cast in a room, mention something and cue the clip, Ember Island Players is how you do it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I honestly think it's Scott, Jean, and that Ultimate Wolverine dude I know nothing about. I think Jean just thinks she's all that and assumed Warren did what he did cause who wouldn't for Jean? Lol. Not saying it's true, but I think Jean thinks very highly of herself.
    Well, he literally says "It's because...you're Jean". Followed by Jean thinking "What the hell was that?" I mean do people even read these things before commenting anymore?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aighthomie View Post
    Well, he literally says "It's because...you're Jean". Followed by Jean thinking "What the hell was that?" I mean do people even read these things before commenting anymore?
    Yep. Even Scott found it odd. How do people miss this stuff?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    Some people just have preconceived notions about certain characters. It's like in that other post basically claiming Jean was an ungrateful bitch for chastising Angel when she clearly explains why she had a problem with it in the very next panel. I predict X-Men Blue discussion will be littered with this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    When even Scott picks up on it you know it's obvious.

kidding a bit - if you read Champions he actually picks up on stuff easily, it's talking about his side of things where the problems come in.