Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

I wouldn't take the poster so literally.

I haven't seen any branding - so is this Fresh Start year 2?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I haven't seen any branding - so is this Fresh Start year 2?
    no, it's "The Heroic Age II, Year 2, Die, Snoop"
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think Marvel realized there wasn't really an appropriate time currently to start a new relaunch/rebranding, and didn't want to force one when not needed.

So they're just doing what is probably the best approach, continuing all their series as is and just launch the new books alongside it, with this new art (which will probably be sold on longboxes) as a good promotional piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think Marvel realized there wasn't really an appropriate time currently to start a new relaunch/rebranding, and didn't want to force one when not needed.

So they're just doing what is probably the best approach, continuing all their series as is and just launch the new books alongside it, with this new art (which will probably be sold on longboxes) as a good promotional piece.
    Well, branding-wise Legacy turned into kind of a joke marketing-wise (I'm not actually talking about the comics) and Marvel didn't even legitimately use Fresh Star, so maybe it's a good move .

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    So apparently the announcement is that Patrick Gleason takes over as Spidey artist this Summer

https://twitter.com/comicsnowcast/st...773079553?s=21
    I'm honestly underwhelmed. Hope those reading the series like the new artist.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

so are we looking at Bat-Venom now? lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I wouldn't take the poster so literally.
    Yeah, I don't think it's anything more than showing Gleason drawing a variety of Marvel characters. So I wouldn't read too much into who's there or not there.

As for him in rotation with Ottley, if that's what they're doing, I think it's perfect. As much as I love Ramos, Gleason's style is much more in synch with Ottley's so it would make for a smoother flow from arc to arc.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Absolutely. Of all the titles that Marvel is producing, I feel like ASM is the one that's been writer AND artist focused recently, which is very refreshing.
    Bringing Gleason on board with Ottley is awesome though, and I'm so glad that two new artists to Spider-Man get to have their shot!
    With Amazing Spider-Man twice a month (more with the Hunted one-shots) there can't be complete artistic consistency (IE- fans of one artists following the story) but they are getting decent talent for the book.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it's anything more than showing Gleason drawing a variety of Marvel characters. So I wouldn't read too much into who's there or not there.
    It's Marvel promo art. There's only so much you can fit in before you just put in as many characters as Cheung had in the Fresh Start poster .

I think this might be the strongest artistic lineup on Amazing Spider-Man in quite a long time. 2 of the biggest guns from the other biggest companies jumping over to Marvel to work on Amazing Spider-Man, think about that. That's awesome!

Humberto I think has been doing some of his best work with Hunted, so it's nice he's going out on a big high at least. I'm just really liking the choices of the fresh blood they're putting on the book also.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I think this might be the strongest artistic lineup on Amazing Spider-Man in quite a long time. 2 of the biggest guns from the other biggest companies jumping over to Marvel to work on Amazing Spider-Man, think about that. That's awesome!

Humberto I think has been doing some of his best work with Hunted, so it's nice he's going out on a big high at least. I'm just really liking the choices of the fresh blood they're putting on the book also.
    Exactly! Bring on the new guys with different styles! And don't forget Cabal and Cinar on FNSM! (Although they're not new to Marvel)

BANNED

Gleason has uploaded the official poster to his twitter

https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...49487209615360

His first story will also be a short tale in Amazing Spider-Man#25
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 05-06-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Seems a good choice to be the new artist of Amazing Spider-Man.
    Gleason have a dinamc art style that in Spider-Man stories is cool.
    All though is disapointing knowing that this means that for now Humberto Ramos will not be illustrating Amazing Spider-Man anymore.I am hoping that Ramos illustrate a new Marvel comic book after Amazing Spider-Man.

BANNED

Is it safeto assume that Marvel is heading into another relaunch?