Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

It is indeed a very surprising pick for the role, at least for me it is, but i'm genuinely curious to see the dude in action.

I think he's going to be a pretty decent Batman, in a fast, agile kind of way, but a not so impressive Bruce Wayne.

Or maybe if they go for the philanthropic Bruce, then he could do pretty nicely i think.

Ah well, at least i'm interested lol.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    who cares? the bat-movies depend on the strength of the villain(s). if they suck, the movie will suck.
    I'll meet you halfway. If they saddle the movie with either of the Banes we been given so far, it won't work. That said, if they saddle it with a Clooney (and I love the guy in everything else I've seen) it also won't work. We need both. Not just a sufficient Batman. Not just a sufficient [fill in the villain]. We need a Batman and an Adversary with the antagonistic chemistry.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I hope it's a elseworld title.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    He should do the Red Rain version of Batman
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    All Batman movies are technically elseworlds.

I'm super pumped and know he'll crush it, he's become an incredible actor over the years.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Deadline.com is now reporting that their sources are telling them that Nicholas Hoult (Hank McCoy/Beast in the X-Men films) is on the shortlist for Batman. No deal with Pattinson is finalized yet.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/rob-pat...es-1202616908/

Just based on looks, I'd prefer Hoult, but I've only seen him in the ensemble X-Men films, so I don't know if he can anchor a movie by himself.

He's a few years younger than Pattinson -- only 29.

Still wondering where Armie Hammer is in all this. Guess Matt Reeves really wants a British actor for Batman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Deadline.com is now reporting that their sources are telling them that Nicholas Hoult (Hank McCoy/Beast in the X-Men films) is on the shortlist for Batman. No deal with Pattinson is finalized yet.

Just based on looks, I'd prefer Hoult, but I've only seen him in the ensemble X-Men films, so I don't know if he can anchor a movie by himself.

Still wondering where Armie Hammer is in all this. Guess Matt Reeves really wants a British actor for Batman.
    I can't believe these are the two finalists. Hammer would be better than both. And how could they never have looked at Garrett Hedlund?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'll meet you halfway. If they saddle the movie with either of the Banes we been given so far, it won't work. That said, if they saddle it with a Clooney (and I love the guy in everything else I've seen) it also won't work. We need both. Not just a sufficient Batman. Not just a sufficient [fill in the villain]. We need a Batman and an Adversary with the antagonistic chemistry.
    Fair enough. I'm not personally skeptical of Pattinson. It sounds as if they are working around his weaknesses by making this Batman early in his career. He's already got a strong jawline, skill at brooding, and female fans. But I also think that he might be better served as a recast Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

It's not his fault that Hammer is devoid of charisma. It's an almost exclusively American problem of handsome actors also being some of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Clooney was given a script that had him play an Adam West type of Batman. Clooney was perfectly capable of playing a hard-ass Batman if he were given that script. Anyone would have been a terrible Batman in that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Clooney was given a script that had him play an Adam West type of Batman. Clooney was perfectly capable of playing a hard-ass Batman if he were given that script. Anyone would have been a terrible Batman in that movie.
    Disagree. Adam West would have nailed it and you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Thing is, I don't think Clooney did a very good job playing an Adam West Batman either.