Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637 LastLast
    Retired

Warner should call their new streaming service HBO+ (or some other variation on HBO), because I think the mainstream audience know the HBO name better than anything else they could call it. Warner itself doesn't have a distinct identity like Disney. And it would make it clear to people who already have HBO that they would be getting all the extra stuff as an add-on to their existing service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Warner should call their new streaming service HBO+ (or some other variation on HBO), because I think the mainstream audience know the HBO name better than anything else they could call it. Warner itself doesn't have a distinct identity like Disney. And it would make it clear to people who already have HBO that they would be getting all the extra stuff as an add-on to their existing service.
    I already get confused with 'HBO Now' and 'HBO Go'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Retired

If I got DC Universe, it would be primarily for the comics. But maybe that isn't long for this world. Anyway, knowing that I can find the comics online if I want is kind of self-defeating for me. I remember how back in the day I used to set my VCR to record shows when I was at work and I ended with piles and piles of VHS tapes that I never watched. It got so, when I moved, I had to move all these tapes with me--but the last time I moved, I just gave up and threw them out. It was knowing I had the shows available that made me never watch them. The same goes for knowing that somewhere out there in cyber-land, there are all these comics that I can always get. So I don't need to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If I got DC Universe, it would be primarily for the comics. But maybe that isn't long for this world. Anyway, knowing that I can find the comics online if I want is kind of self-defeating for me. I remember how back in the day I used to set my VCR to record shows when I was at work and I ended with piles and piles of VHS tapes that I never watched. It got so, when I moved, I had to move all these tapes with me--but the last time I moved, I just gave up and threw them out. It was knowing I had the shows available that made me never watch them. The same goes for knowing that somewhere out there in cyber-land, there are all these comics that I can always get. So I don't need to get them.
    You just described how/why I left physical comics for digital.
    It finally came to a head when I was moving 50 miles away in a single cab truck in the rain.
    I had to make an extra trip just for the boxes of comics.

More reading...

DC Nation (2018) #0 - the Superman story
    Decided that I would go ahead and read Bendis Superman for Legion's upcoming revival.
    I'll be reading Snyder's Justice League in preparation for JSA, also.
    I had already read this story back when it came out.
    I thought it was a good setup. Especially Ms. Goode.
    I actually liked the return of the more timid appearing Clark, and Perry was perfectly portrayed.
    Looking forward to more.

Action Comics #1000 - the Bendis story
    Another preview for Man of Steel.
    This one focuses more on Superman than Clark.
    So, while we have Ms. Goode out to take over the Daily Planet and be a threat to Clark, Superman now is coming face-to-face with the being that's taking credit for Krypton's destruction.
    Some nice Easter Eggs in this issue, too. Mister Miracle Live in Metropolis, Red Tornado gets name-dropped and Supergirl makes an appearance.
    And Bendis uses some dialogue to defend the trunks. I'm okay with that. He looks better with them. At least I think so.
    Rogol Zaar may turn out to be a good addition to Superman's rogues, but I'll have to see how he is outside of combat. Aside from beating on Superman and Supergirl this issue, he really didn't do much of anything else.
    I'm sure he'll be getting fleshed out in Man of Steel. Which is my next stop.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 06-14-2019 at 11:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    You just described how/why I left physical comics for digital.
    It finally came to a head when I was moving 50 miles away in a single cab truck in the rain.
    I had to make an extra trip just for the boxes of comics.
    I wouldn't give my comics up for anything. Anything. I respect your decision but I don't think I will ever let go of them. Who knows though

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I wouldn't give my comics up for anything. Anything. I respect your decision but I don't think I will ever let go of them. Who knows though
    I still have three boxes. Some stuff I just couldn't get rid of.
    But all those over-hyped stories that were all-but forgotten a year after release... those found new homes with my brother and a friend.
    I think the most high-profile stuff I gave away was Green Lantern Rebirth, the first year of Johns Green Lantern, Flashpoint and all the minis, a complete set of the first three months of New52 (I did keep Legion, though)...

I kept the stuff I cared most about, like the Giffen/DeMatteis JLI books, '80s Dr. Strange, '80s Moon Knight, Sienkewicz New Mutants, my Levitz Legion collection, '70s/'80s Power Man/Iron Fist, the Crossgen Compendiums, my Swamp Thing TPBs, a complete set of the '80s Archie Adventure comics, Micronauts: New Voyages, my '80s Star Trek comics, Who's Who '85, '87, '88, Who's Who in Legion, Who's Who in Star Trek, the '80s Blade Runner adaptation, DC's Prisoner sequel, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Annihilation, DnA Legion...

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DCU at Comic-Con
    DCunews.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    DCU at Comic-Con
    DCunews.jpg
    Curious to see if they'll announce continuations/renewals here or any new content.

Surprised they didn't mention Stargirl.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Curious to see if they'll announce continuations/renewals here or any new content.

Surprised they didn't mention Stargirl.
    Sounds like Doom patrol is renewed to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Sounds like Doom patrol is renewed to me
    Yeah... if you break it down...
    One of the following three has got to be true:

Sneak peaks... Doom Patrol
    First looks... Doom Patrol
    Braking news... Doom Patrol

Breaking news, however, could also be the announcement of the DVD or a run on Netflix Global.

Amazing Member

Stargirl isn't airing until 2020 so it's prob way too early to showcase right now. Legends isn't airing until 2020 either and they don't have a panel either.

Hoping we get renewals for Young Justice and Doom Patrol. If we don't get one for Young Justice soon at this rate we might not see a new season til like.. late 2020/early 2021?

More reading...

Justice League (2018) #1 and 2
    I'm not so sure about this...
    It's supposedly the big deal of DC right now, but I'm just not feeling it.
    I may stick around and see if it picks up.
    Never been much of a color spectrum Lantern fan, so the whole new non-color Lantern didn't interest me.
    Although, it is nice to see Sinestro back to being Sinestro again.
    The Legion of Doom is actually shaping up... I mean it's the A-team of villains.

I'm not really digging the art by either Cheung or Jimenez. A bit too cartoonish for a League book for me.
    And the containment suits Superman and J'onn were wearing made me laugh. I'm not sure that was intentional.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zudomon View Post
    Stargirl isn't airing until 2020 so it's prob way too early to showcase right now. Legends isn't airing until 2020 either and they don't have a panel either.

Hoping we get renewals for Young Justice and Doom Patrol. If we don't get one for Young Justice soon at this rate we might not see a new season til like.. late 2020/early 2021?
    Are we not getting a preview for wonder woman
    They have been talking about stargirl for too long for no previews

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

If Stargirl is debuting in 2020 then what new content will the service have after Swamp Thing ends?