Page 636 of 774 FirstFirst ... 136536586626632633634635636637638639640646686736 ... LastLast
Results 9,526 to 9,540 of 11598

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I mean even if they do make Wanda corrupt people will still support her so IDK why y'all worried.
    That isn't the problem. It's not about popularity, but how fans have seen the character for over 50 years. No fans enjoy seeing their faves being wrecked. And all fans have strong opinions when it comes to stuff like that. It's why F4ntastic is still the butt of jokes. Or the old Elektra movie is so hated. People still like those characters. Those movies were still terrible.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

It would be sad if the "feminist agenda" that many dudebros hate from the MCU can't even save wanda's character if she's really gonna get the full villain treatement ( i was ok with the antihero thing)
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 09-27-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It's sad that Wanda's fandom is so shell shocked that we're treating the "Wanda is the big bad, Shuma Gorath is just her minion" thing as if it could be true, where for any other character we'd just dismiss it as bad fanfic.

I think there's nothing to be done though by saying that Feige would have to be crazy to do that, Feige isn't crazy, therefore it's made up. But I'm as guilty as anyone of acting like this stuff could be true, I just think we'll drive ourselves nuts if we talk about it too much, because it's impossible to disprove any "scoop" until the movie comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    That isn't the problem. It's not about popularity, but how fans have seen the character for over 50 years. No fans enjoy seeing their faves being wrecked. And all fans have strong opinions when it comes to stuff like that. It's why F4ntastic is still the butt of jokes. Or the old Elektra movie is so hated. People still like those characters. Those movies were still terrible.
    I love both those movies.

I still dismiss it as bad fanfic. I think scoopers and leakers are like the old saying, Even a broken clock is right twice a day. People feel like if they get one or two things right that they know everything. But there are many factors into how it could go wrong. Even if they have a right scoop, it can become wrong through the course of development. I've been on the internet since 1996 and it's never been short of bs either.

I love both those movies.
    They aren't highly regarded overall though.

This "leaked script" doesn't even come from a famous scooper. Obviously just someone who saw the other "leaks" and rumors and made up a story featuring them imo.

Extraordinary Member

He got cred on Reddit because he had some info in advance about trailers and TV episodes... but of course lots of people see trailers and TV episodes in advance, because they have to be dubbed, captioned, etc.

It doesn't mean they're wrong, it means, as I said, we have no way of knowing "legit" scoops from fakes, especially since anonymous people online often get hold of some real information and make stuff up around it.

So we'll just have to wait until the trailer and possibly (since trailers are misleading) until the movie.

It sucks that Wanda's fans can't just look forward to her next appearance, but there's nothing else we can do except ignore all these "leaks" because it's pointless to get mad about stories that may not even be in the movie.

I think(hope) it's fake, but you never know. I do believe they could have Wanda accidentaly summon the big bad though since the Darkhold has that prophecy thing with her

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I think(hope) it's fake, but you never know. I do believe they could have Wanda accidentaly summon the big bad though since the Darkhold has that prophecy thing with her
    Yeah, I don't believe the leak but I do think we should be ready for everything. I think at the very least she's gonna be in conflict with Strange for wanting to get her kids back in the multiverse.

They way they are hiding the villain (only heard leaks and rumors) i guess if it really is shuma gorath we should know a voice actor by now
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 09-27-2021 at 02:41 PM.

Antihero, Villain, Hero, I don't really care where they go with Wanda I'll like her no matter what way the pendulum swings. Hell I'm one of the few people on this thread who apparently doesn't even try to pretend to care about what she did in Westview, she'll be aight not like MCU effects the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe the leak but I do think we should be ready for everything. I think at the very least she's gonna be in conflict with Strange for wanting to get her kids back in the multiverse.
    Yeah, I do think it's funny how every MoM leak focuses on Wanda you'd think it's a Scarlet Witch movie with Dr Strange as a minor throwaway character.

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Yeah, I do think it's funny how every MoM leak focuses on Wanda you'd think it's a Scarlet Witch movie with Dr Strange as a minor throwaway character.
    I mean honestly who's going to see this movie for Strange? Not many.

Extraordinary Member

I mean honestly who's going to see this movie for Strange? Not many.
    Strange's movie did well at the box office, he was popular in Avengers: Infinity War, and he'll have a big part in the next Spider-Man movie.

It's only online that it seems like everyone cares more about Wanda than Strange, just like it's only online where people expect her to be a villain (even if she is it would be a huge surprise to most people). Which is why the "leaks" mostly focus on Wanda and mutant stuff, because their target audience is not the real movie audience, it's the people who post on message boards like this.